Dismemberment???

+
So, I installed a cyberware mod that made all guns non lethal. I removed the mod at a ripper doc but now it doesn't seem like any of my weapons cause dismemberment. 1. Does this say something about me that I want to see this so bad I'm and 2. Could it be something else, some other perk or something causing this? Or is this possibly a bug? Thanks to everyone that posts!!!

So, I installed a cyberware mod that made all guns non lethal. I removed the mod at a ripper doc but now it doesn't seem like any of my weapons cause dismemberment. 1. Does this say something about me that I want to see this so bad I'm and 2. Could it be something else, some other perk or something causing this? Or is this possibly a bug? Thanks to everyone that posts!!!
Doesn't happen on every kill it's random unless you have perks, mods etc to up the chances. Try popping a few skulls with a sniper or high powered revolver or go on a slash fest with blades and see if any limbs start flying to test it out. :ok:

Doesn't happen on every kill it's random unless you have perks, mods etc to up the chances. Try popping a few skulls with a sniper or high powered revolver or go on a slash fest with blades and see if any limbs start flying to test it out. :ok:
Ok, Im about to start a rampage then!

That's the problem, can't tell what's intended and what's a bug, lol. I managed to knock someone's head off at something like 100 yards with a pistol and then barely made a scratch with a shotgun at point blank range.

Yeah it's pretty random, even with the perks that up the chance it's not gonna happen on every hit, from what I've experienced the higher damage you do in one hit to the limb/head the more chance it has of dismembering but I have popped heads with low damage pistols at closer range on crits etc so as I say pretty random really.

Does the type of damage matter when trying to knock limbs off with a pistol? I noticed that some weapons have physical damage modifier while others have other damage types such as thermal or electrical.

It seems completely random. Hell, I've gone crazy with a katana and the dismemberment makes no sense.
I've slashed people in the head and seen their legs pop off. I've snuck up and slashed someone's ankles and their head went flying. So I think limbs coming off is just completely random.

It seems completely random. Hell, I've gone crazy with a katana and the dismemberment makes no sense.
I've slashed people in the head and seen their legs pop off. I've snuck up and slashed someone's ankles and their head went flying. So I think limbs coming off is just completely random.
LOL

I laughed at the part where you hit their ankles and had the head fly off. :p

I think that it would be a good idea to change that so that only the extremities closest to your hit come off. Like a leg if you hit the leg.

I think that it would be a good idea to change that so that only the extremities closest to your hit come off. Like a leg if you hit the leg.
True. But like everything else in the game, it seems like it's incredibly rudimentary.

For me, sniper rifles consistently remove heads on headshots.

My katana also causes limbs to go flying everywhere, though I must admit I am not "aiming" carefully enough with it to determine if it is the parts I'm hitting that are getting lopped off. :shrug:

To be really honest, the whole lethal and non-lethal cyberware mods are VERY confusing to me. Some have overlapping stats and everything. Tried figuring them out but couldn't get anywhere. Maybe I am just dumb lol?

There's a cyberware mod that affects all your weapons to make them non-lethal but prevents you getting head shots.

Meanwhile you can put a mod on individual weapons that just makes them non-lethal (and actually boosts damage).

I use the weapon mods, not the cyberware mod.

Top Bottom