Distant Gunshots and Dialogue Sounds Way Too Close

+
All distant (50m+) dialogue and gunshots sound like I am standing right next to it. I have tried multiple times switching between different spatial sounds settings in windows. 'Windows Sonic' and 'Dolby Atmos' for Headphones, as well as off. I changed my sound settings in game to Headphones as well.

Anyone else having this issue or picked up on it? conversations around, above, or below me sounds as if they are happening inside of me. It fucking sucks.

I am using the Massdrop x Senheiser PC37X
Post automatically merged:

I will be posting this in the other thread I made specifically about cluttered audio. Part of this was sent in a ticket, however tickers are restricted to only 1000 characters, which is unacceptable.

Audio bleeds together too much. Gunshots sound way too close, and when NPCs reload it sounds like I am the one reloading. Conversations can be heard through walls/vehicles. None of the audio scape is working correctly.
I spent the last 2 hours troubleshooting this. I did nearly every combination of spatial sound and virtual surround enhancement, as well as turning it of, while doing a full restart for every setting change.

z170x 1.1 MOBO Realtek Audio Manager up to date, audio drivers have been restarted
MOBO Bios is up to date
Sennheiser x Massdrop headphones plugged into audio jack on mobo
I have played with spatial sound settings, none make a difference, some of them cause the crackling audio glitch off and on (Dolby Atmos/Windows Sonic)
Sound quality set at 16 bit, 48000 HZ (dvd quality)
in game settings set to headphones
The setting combo of Virtual surround enhancement + Dolby atmos spatial sound fixes the directional problem, but the reloading still sounds too close and gunshot sound vs distance is off
Dolby Atmos Spatial Sound setting with Sound effects disabled in windows settings, and the ingame setting of BOOST LOW or BOOST HIGH seems to place gunshots an appropriate distance away as well as being directionaly correct, but the reloading sound is still way too close.
the disabled sound effect settings paired with spatial sound and in game high/low boost settings fix the directional issue, but the proximity of reloading sounds like i am right on top of npcs
i may not have noticed this or paid attention if these things wouldnt have happened
during the car ride with dex, i could clearly hear npc discussions that were happening outside of the vehicle
gunfire from assaults in progress are clearly audible with the direction of it happening not being clear, when i can't even see the event on the minimap

Last edited:
Top Bottom