District feature: City Center

+

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED

City Center is the showcase of Night City. It's hard to believe that a few decades ago it used to be a smoldering battlefield after the 4th Corporate War and the nuclear attack on Arasaka Tower. Restoration of the district was a lengthy and costly process — it started in the 2030s and ended just recently, when the Arasaka Tower was rebuilt in the 2070s. Now it is the most fortified and secure part of the city.

Filled with modern, cutting-edge architecture, City Center is where you can witness the unrivaled might of megacorps in all its arrogance. This is where the rich and overworked spend their lives, building Night City's economic power.

The Corpo Plaza is reaching for the sky with its brutalist corporate skyscrapers and blinding floodlights. This is the heart of the district and the address of the biggest corporations such as Arasaka, Militech, Biotechnica, Petrochem, and Kang Tao.

Next to the Corpo Plaza is the Downtown — full of narrow alleys, night clubs, celebrities, and corporate stiffs. Here you'll find an abundance of office buildings and eccentrically shaped architecture — as well as exclusive apartments, hotels, and restaurants. Its northern waterfront is a mecca for artists and snobs, with galleries, concert halls and ateliers around every corner. But despite all its elegance and power, Downtown isn’t always as secure as it seems: turn down the wrong alley and you’ll find yourself en-route to sleazy love hotels, dive bars, and shadowy corners where drug deals — and worse — are a common occurrence.

CORPO PLAZA

DOWNTOWN

Fuck.

I get the feeling I'll be playing a good 3 years of this game. And then starting all over as a corp. And then as a street kid. That's 9 years in total. :giveup:

Next to the Corpo Plaza is the Downtown — full of narrow alleys, night clubs, celebrities, and corporate stiffs. Here you'll find an abundance of office buildings and eccentrically shaped architecture — as well as exclusive apartments, hotels, and restaurants. Its northern waterfront is a mecca for artists and snobs, with galleries, concert halls and ateliers around every corner. But despite all its elegance and power, Downtown isn’t always as secure as it seems: turn down the wrong alley and you’ll find yourself en-route to sleazy love hotels, dive bars, and shadowy corners where drug deals — and worse — are a common occurrence.

I wasn’t expecting Downtown to sound like one of my potentially favorite subdistricts :cool: Oh, and I’m intrigued by that huge horizontal skyscraper extending from City Center to Watson, looks like it belongs to a really important corp :think:

Last edited:
That's where the magic happens?

Holy stuff that looks incredible! I'm going to echo other comments and say I can not wait to find out how vertical the maps are in cyberpunk!
Post automatically merged:

3rd picture hovering in the center.
Is that a garbage truck !?!
Is it driveable !?!

'he's in that skyscraper over there...'

Cant't wait to play as a corpo and visit all the interiors of those skyscrapers
Maybe a night sneak through a sleepeing corridors lookin for some data kept locked in dark offices secret stash?
Can't wait to look in silence at night city from dark office.
Can't wait to open soundproof doors. Walk outside silence into deep noise of a streets
Can't wait for story.
Love You CDPR, can't wait.

SovOil is no more?
Petrochem is probably able to keep them from America with the help of their corporate and government allies, especialy in NC,which they partialy control themselves. Also, SovOil is mostly oil industries and Petrochem is more diversified, maybe in 2077 petrochemicals are no longer the black gold they used to be and Sov Oil was left hanging.

SovOil is not a majority player in Night City. Never was. They are, as of 2020, the second-largest producers of CHOOH2 and were well aware that fossil fuel resources were dwindling. They control Spratly Field, among others, that Corp War 2 was fought over and may be expected to still have some fossil fuel production.

I would not call them a majority faction in 2020 play - they aren't very present where the majority of action takes place, North America. They also tend to keep to their interests, protect themselves from PetroChem and invest in shipbuilding, design, synthetics and agriculture among others.

They are, of course, a major MegaCorp - and backed by the USSR as well. Although the USSR is a country of alliances, which can break up.

I would not call the NeoSovs particularly villainous. In 2020 at least, the NeoSovs are slightly -less- villainous than the MegaCorps. NeoSov citizens actually have government interest and are sheltered from the MegaCorp excesses, as the Union of Soviet Sovereign Republics does not care to bow to the likes of Arasaka, EBM or IEC.

In 2020, EBM was the largest Corporation. Arguably, before Corp 4, Arasaka was the most powerful, but not because of it's troops.

Post Corp 4, EBM remained on top, whereas Arasaka had of course fallen. Lazarus Group had risen quite a bit as had IEC, on sales during. Trauma Team too.

By 2077, who knows though. It is still very unlikely that you would see SovOil anything in firmly-held Petrochem territory.

Top Bottom