District feature: Heywood

+

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED

Heywood is a district of contrast. In the north, near the City Center, you'll find lush parks and modern skyscrapers towering high above. As you venture further south, however, the views change drastically, with dangerous and unwelcoming slums dominating the scenery more and more. Still, Heywood isn't all bad, even with gangs like Valentinos and 6th Street roaming about — if you know your place and keep your head low, that is.

The district’s been dubbed "the biggest bedroom in Night City". That’s because most of Night City lives here. The richer parts of Heywood are primarily occupied by corpos. For every rule there’s always the exception — an odd soul from outside the corporate circle that on occasion manages to score an apartment here. The rest are just happy they get to live in Heywood, with their only realistic alternatives being Pacifica or the industrial wasteland outside of the city.

Wellsprings is the safest part of Heywood, full of working stiffs and underpaid corporate employees — pretty much your run-of-the-mill American city.

After Night City got taken over by corporations, the government moved to Glen. It’s now a state-owned subdistrict with a town hall, mayor's office, court and for what it’s worth — a big NCPD station.

And then there’s Vista Del Rey — the poorest part of Heywood. It’s heavily underinvested, ridden with crime, and slowly descending further into chaos, with residents moving out and gang members moving in.

WELLSPRINGS

GLEN

I did imagine Heywood being a part business-y and part slummy area but I didn’t know the local government was here instead of City Center’s Downtown, interesting :think: Makes it feel like an extension of City Center in a way, which makes me think also that this is probably one of the more vertical places in the city.

Awesome concept art by the way, these are some of my favorite of all the ones I’ve seen so far.

Beautiful concept arts, mainly Wellsprings.
Too bad in game is completely different and less impressive..
it would be amazing to see pedestrians with animals, garbage collectors, more holograms and more flying cars on the streets.. :cry:

Nice stylistic visuals are all well and good.

I'm just wondering... What level of interactivity do all these places offer, or are they mostly for watching.

"And then there’s Vista Del Rey — the poorest part of Heywood. It’s heavily underinvested, ridden with crime, and slowly descending further into chaos, with residents moving out and gang members moving in. "

Vista Del Rey must be Street Kid V's home turf.

In gameplay footage we've seen I believe one of the NPC's implies both V and Jackie are from Heywood.

"an odd soul from outside the corporate circle that on occasion manages to score an apartment here. "

3:1 this is V. Location of apartment: Heywood, I'm guessing.

Obviously no game will look as good as its concept art in most cases
but i don't think it will look completely different
i took this from the deep dive, you have the megabuilding, and behind is the ThorTon logo and slightly above it to the right are japanese letters in blue which is exactly like the first concept art
so hopefully that the graphics will look better in the final game at least on PC

Untitled.jpg

Beautiful concept arts, mainly Wellsprings.
it would be amazing to see pedestrians with animals, garbage collectors, more holograms and more flying cars on the streets.. :cry:
What? Oh, that makes me sad. I just got really excited when I saw it, and thought that it was from the game. I almost broke my ban on pre-ordering games on the spot. Oh, well.

What? Oh, that makes me sad. I just got really excited when I saw it, and thought that it was from the game. I almost broke my ban on pre-ordering games on the spot. Oh, well.

Why? The game still didn't come out so there isn't any way of him knowing it is going to look worse than the concept arts. Animals are confirmed , and you are able to pet them. More flying cars? Look at the 2020 game play, you see flying cars and cargos everywhere! Garbage collectors and more holograms? he cant just base it off of just the gameplay that has been shown. We've only seen like 5% (even less) of what night city has to offer. Dont worry even the slightest!

Why? The game still didn't come out so there isn't any way of him knowing it is going to look worse than the concept arts. Animals are confirmed , and you are able to pet them. More flying cars? Look at the 2020 game play, you see flying cars and cargos everywhere! Garbage collectors and more holograms? he cant just base it off of just the gameplay that has been shown. We've only seen like 5% (even less) of what night city has to offer. Dont worry even the slightest!
Watson art, for example
We see several flying cars and futuristic cars on the streets.
Eb7MPyPUcAAGfy2.jpg

In game is completely different.
4723ff39-3044-4098-839a-dc982708911a_cyberpunk-2077-gameplay-screenshot-190820-181859.jpg

Top Bottom