District feature: Santo Domingo

+

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED

Santo Domingo is one of Night City's oldest districts. Thanks to its location, the district avoided serious damage from the 4th Corporate War. Instead, it turned into a provisional camp for thousands of Night Citizens seeking shelter. Today, the settlements are gone and Santo Domingo has become a testing ground for industrial projects: corporations destroy old factories, only to build new ones in their place.

Meanwhile, residents scrape a desperate living in crowded megabuildings — constantly wishing for something better. It didn't take long for a couple of ex-military guys to group together and take matters into their own hands. That's how the district became a home for the 6th Street Gang.

Arroyo is the industrial heart of Santo Domingo. In this region of contrast you can find an old nuclear power plant and junkyard right next to high-tech corporate factories. Operational factories keep their own private security, as neglected buildings quickly become gang-controlled.

Workers from Arroyo live in Rancho Coronado — a self-sufficient housing district with dozens of identical homes. This neighborhood is reminiscent of american suburbs from the middle of the 20th century.

ARROYO

RANCHO CORONADO

Now I expect to see an arroyo elder there.
1594908332242.png

So, 6th. Street's turf seems to cover at least two subdistricts, each on two different districts (Heywood's Vista del Rey and Santo Domingo's Arroyo, I assume, if not Rancho Coronado too). They're bigger players than I thought then.

Lots of hispanic names for places on southeastern Night City too. Santo Domingo (Saint Dominic), Arroyo (Creek), Rancho Coronado (Crowned Ranch/Ranch Crowned), Vista del Rey (King's View/King's Vista)...

Oh, and exploring derelict power plants? That's going to give me some Fallout nostalgia :ok:

Last edited:
Vattier this is so cool! Thank you for making this! :)
The 6th Street Gang... don't seem too friendly...
How or why? Was there a specific reason more prominent than the other gangs of Night City? :shrug:
Maelstrom seems pretty dangerous too, no doubt. I guess the same could be said about most gangs, and corpos as well.

Top Bottom