Diversions.

+
Diversions.

Since this is an open world game, it's possible CDPR will employ some type of filler activity to engage in between shooting up evil Corporates and taking out Booster gangs. Filler... an ugly word. But it''s not all bad. Most games have it and when done right and in moderation, filler can extend your stay in an interesting world without becoming banal. Mind you this is not where I want the focus of the game to be, and if they don't have it at all, no problem. So those against it say nay and say why. As long as we get a rich SP game, I'm fine either way. But this thread is expressly about activities we can do just for the hell of it, to experience Night City to the fullest. First, some examples of bad filler:

-traveling to outposts in the Mako in ME1. Blatant and lifeless filler.
-planet scanning in ME2. Anyone who has suffered through this..I'm sorry. Really. There are support groups out there. You can recover.
-lock picking in Oblivion.
-hacking in Fallout 3.
-dating, dart throwing, strip clubs, shooting pigeons in GTA4.

Now for some decent to good filler:

-dice in TW1
-boxing in TW2.
-professor Genki's SERC in SR3
-hacking in DX:HR
-the delivery missions in SR3. And the one where you're in a chopper, shooting cars with a rocket launcher. That one too.
-the classic arcade game in SC2. This was a cool idea.
-pit fighting in Sleeping Dogs.

Some ideas for CP 2077. This will be ongoing as I think new shit up:

-illegal drug and aug deals, be it on the streets or in clubs. Ideal for Fixers.
-track down illegal dealers as a Cop.
-access to vintage arcade cabinets where CDPR could do fun spoofs on classic games.
-pit fighting, a la Sleeping Dogs.
-drinking minigame.
-artifact recovery a la Dishonored. You have to find old 20th century relics scattered throughout the city. Buying the right tech will help you locate it and sell to antique dealers.
-hitman. Ideal for Solos.
-missing persons. Locating people sold to slave trade and rescuing them from hideouts.

Anyway, if you guys have ideas list em' here.

Some of us like picking locks and hacking. I cant tell you theamount of times I got bored and went ransacking houses in morrowind

I like the idea of using dataterms to pick up side work. Standard "fetch" or "delivery" missions, assassinations, maybe some bodyguard or muscle work.

I'd also like to see side work based off of your specific Role. Get some choice dirt on high-profile people if you're a Media, arrange the liquidation of grey market items if you're a Fixer, investigate some shady dealings if you're a Cop, and so on.

Some of us like picking locks and hacking. I cant tell you theamount of times I got bored and went ransacking houses in morrowind
Not that I never enjoyed ransacking houses (always too little room in my inventory), but I liked hacking and lockpicking. Those didn't seem filler to me at all but an important part of the gameplay.

I like the idea of needing tech to be able to track artifacts. Although fetching artifacts in Dishonored was rather boring ( as was the whole game), only did it for boosts. Then again rather enjoyed climbing roofs and running after artifacts in Sleeping Dogs, but all in all very pointless filler.

Witchers minigames are rather nice, especially dice has me addicted. But I really don't want see random quest generator like in Skyrim. That is just horrible.
Maybe something similar to Stalker's living world where AI creates situations on its own (though not expecting that level of AI here).

Been a while since I've played Alpha Protocol, but I remember it having simple e-mails where you needed to make decision about some situation. Although in 2077 mail is propably deliver by some brainlink?

Also maybe you could have have employees/team/friends (corp comes to mind) that you could send on a missions and their success/failure/reward would be decided by several factors (difficulty, skills, what kind of mission etc).

A rave, where I can just walk around SLOWLY otherwise being peaceful with PLUR and do hallucinogens. I know, I know, a violent gang member at a rave keeping it peaceful is a weird site but I'm there soaking up the electronic sounds of a DJ. (Hallucinogens working for hours in game like IRL, even with cyberoptics because of the Brain.) =)

All 21 nightclubs & bars that all have their own theme and look. Their own regulars and patrons.

Buying security systems for your home and advanced computer technology to plug into the interface. Decorating the home with odd things you have bought or stolen. Lots and lots of HIGH TECH shit available to purchase for the home to make it truly futuristic. Your own drug lab to manufacture drugs minigame. Crafting drugs, bullets, improvised weapons & tech, hacking programs, the more we can create & customize the better. Cybernetic pets, A.I. sex androids that can be hacked with illegal programs and stuff.

Create-an-avatar on the Interface. Become someone new on the 'face or just be yourself. Proxies, Tor, Piratebay, 4chan type things. Making yourself anonymous online is just as important as being anonymous in the controlled parts of the city.

All the Cyberpunk 2020 books & supplements, kinda like how Skyrim has books.

Hiring other roles to do jobs you can't or to help out with certain things.

Shooting ranges to practice.

Aerodyne madness, fly-by shootings, elaborate bank heists, etc.

Disabling security systems with hacking and tools "mini-game."

Assassination orders from the interface as well as coded letters from prison if you run a gang.

Smashing CCTV cameras throughout Night City, as well as going "off the grid."

GRAFFITI.

Gang eliminations, initiations, etc.

Modifying cybernetics and designing the colors & logos if you want.

Animations of getting implants and tattoos.

A healthy Black Market.

I dont know the way of decent you referring to, because the same feeling of hacking that gives me fallout is the same one that gives me DX HR they are some kind of mini games at the end of comparison.

I dont know the way of decent you referring to, because the same feeling of hacking that gives me fallout is the same one that gives me DX HR they are some kind of mini games at the end of comparison.

That's just my preference. I think DX:HR has a more sophisticated hacking game. And it's true hacking straddles the line between necessary game mechanic and filler. But some games use it enough that I thought I'd include it. Also, if there is to be hacking, please CDPR, PLEASE allow us work arounds. Like leveling up our skills, or buying tech packs that will auto hack. Just something, because every hacking minigame I've played eventually becomes tiresome.

That's just my preference. I think DX:HR has a more sophisticated hacking game. And it's true hacking straddles the line between necessary game mechanic and filler. But some games use it enough that I thought I'd include it. Also, if there is to be hacking, please CDPR, PLEASE allow us work arounds. Like leveling up our skills, or buying tech pack s that will auto hack. Just something, because very hacking minigame I've played eventually becomes tiresome.

Ok i get you're point now.

First, some examples of bad filler:

-dating, dart throwing, strip clubs, in GTA4.

None of these were bad, darts and the strip club were kind of fun, excpet for the fucked up white trash meth junkie accents on all the grils in the club. Dating as done in GTA 4 was however fucking awful. The bowling and pool was shit too.

Now for some decent to good filler:

-dice in TW1
-boxing in TW2.

Don't know anything about them, but if the dice was anything like Liars dice in RDR, then hell yeas, I loved playing that.

-professor Genki's SERC in SR3

No... please... just fuck no.............. nothing even remotely connected to that ridiculously inane wankery.

-hacking in DX:HR

That was pretty fun... hacking in Perfect Dark and GITS the ps3 game had their moments as well.

-the delivery missions in SR3. And the one where you're in a chopper, shooting cars with a rocket launcher. That one too.

No.... please god no.... if you are delivering something it should be drugs, whores, illegal cyber... not toys and catalogs.... god SR3 was just fucking shit...

-pit fighting in Sleeping Dogs.

Yes.... this.... all day.... every day.... this was the best diverzsion/activity/side thing going in Sleeping Dogs, and I still log on just to go kung fu some motherfuckers...

Some ideas for CP 2077. This will be ongoing as I think new shit up:

-illegal drug and aug deals, be it on the streets or in clubs. Ideal for Fixers.
-track down illegal dealers as a Cop.
-access to vintage arcade cabinets where CDPR could do fun spoofs on classic games.
-pit fighting, a la Sleeping Dogs.
-drinking minigame.
-artifact recovery a la Dishonored. You have to find old 20th century relics scattered throughout the city. Buying the right tech will help you locate it and sell to antique dealers.
-hitman. Ideal for Solos.
-missing persons. Locating people sold to slave trade and rescuing them from hideouts.

Anyway, if you guys have ideas list em' here.

These are all great ideas, particularly the last.

Also, street races... both in vehicles, and on foot... as sort of a parkour like thing... set up checkpoints, and you and your scompatitors race to see who can reach them all first ... up walls, over rooftops, on fire escapes.. in alleys, in the middle of busy streets... in the sewers...

Thunderdome in the Zone, sounds fucking good to me.

I want underground fight clubs all over...

One in the Zone, run by Maelstrom

On out in the Nomad area

One on the border of Japan Town and China town

One in the university area, run by the Voodoo Boyz and their leader, Mama Juju

And of course a big spectacle one run by a high level fixer after hours in the Night City Arena

...this is an interesting idea to me; being able to put the word out and hire NPC help, or maybe posting Jobs for any multiplayer / co-op work.

...this idea is also REALLY intriguing to me. If there's going to be a skill-based system, will we have activities that we can do, outside of being "on the job," that will level our skills?

can cyborgs even get drunk I wonder, do they even need food?..
I don't see why not. As long as there's enough meat to get intoxicated, and they don't have any kind of biological filters to inhibit alcohol, I don't see why they wouldn't be able to drink. See: Briareos (Masamune Shirow's Appleseed.)

Same thing for food; something's gotta nourish the meat. I don't recall how it works for Full Conversion 'Bogs and Bod Pods, though.

I don't see why not. As long as there's enough meat to get intoxicated, and they don't have any kind of biological filters to inhibit alcohol, I don't see why they wouldn't be able to drink. See: Briareos (Masamune Shirow's Appleseed.)

Same thing for food; something's gotta nourish the meat. I don't recall how it works for Full Conversion 'Bogs and Bod Pods, though.

Certian options allow for real food, but even the most fully converted borg still needs to east a baby food like paste, just for the basic nutrients to keep brain and nervous system functioning. This goes the same for alcohol. A borg typically has poison filters, and even if he manually switched them to the lowest setting, some alcohol is still gonna get through... and since there is much less meat, it kinda evens out, and generally takes about the same amount of alcohol to get drunk.

Of course in more hard core military models, like the dragoon, such things are right out, the poison filter is locked on maximum at all times, the last thing they want is a fucked up 7 foot tall murder factory.

In my games we also always had the option that if possible, doctors would leave the original sex organs... or at least give the subject the option.

Since it is an open world, I think that some random events could be more interesting than pre-programmed mini-games.

For example, you are walking at Nightcity's streets, doing your business when you see in one of the many giant screens some news about a security car transporting something from point X to point Y to happen in W hours. You could go to the street and try to intercept it by force (solo, nomad style), you could try to find some hacking solution (netrunner style), you could try to find some corrupt employee with a price to bribe and get you where you want (Fixer style) and so on...

Since it is an opportunity event, not a main event, the reward could be something simple like just money or some tools to fix your damaged cyberware.

A rave, where I can just walk around SLOWLY otherwise being peaceful with PLUR and do hallucinogens. I know, I know, a violent gang member at a rave keeping it peaceful is a weird site but I'm there soaking up the electronic sounds of a DJ. (Hallucinogens working for hours in game like IRL, even with cyberoptics because of the Brain.) =)

All 21 nightclubs & bars that all have their own theme and look. Their own regulars and patrons.

Buying security systems for your home and advanced computer technology to plug into the interface. Decorating the home with odd things you have bought or stolen. Lots and lots of HIGH TECH shit available to purchase for the home to make it truly futuristic. Your own drug lab to manufacture drugs minigame. Crafting drugs, bullets, improvised weapons & tech, hacking programs, the more we can create & customize the better. Cybernetic pets, A.I. sex androids that can be hacked with illegal programs and stuff.

Create-an-avatar on the Interface. Become someone new on the 'face or just be yourself. Proxies, Tor, Piratebay, 4chan type things. Making yourself anonymous online is just as important as being anonymous in the controlled parts of the city.

All the Cyberpunk 2020 books & supplements, kinda like how Skyrim has books.

Aerodyne madness, fly-by shootings, elaborate bank heists, etc.

Disabling security systems with hacking and tools "mini-game."

Assassination orders from the interface as well as coded letters from prison if you run a gang.

Smashing CCTV cameras throughout Night City, as well as going "off the grid."

GRAFFITI.

Gang eliminations, initiations, etc.

Modifying cybernetics and designing the colors & logos if you want.

Animations of getting implants and tattoos.

A healthy Black Market.

Agreed

Top Bottom