Diversity in The Witcher 3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Diversity in The Witcher 3

Shes perfect. I wish they added more diverse woman and men in TW3 world as well. Asian and Black.. just because why not.

goopit

Forum veteran
Shes perfect. I wish they added more diverse woman and men in TW3 world as well. Asian and Black.. just because why not.

Sapkowski didn't write any black and asian people in his world. The closest we can get are Zerikanians like Azar Javed

I wish they added more diverse woman and men in TW3 world as well. Asian and Black.. just because why not.
Well there's Zerrikanians but other than that the game is set in 13th century Europe, Asian and Black people? Since when?

Well there's Zerrikanians but other than that the game is set in 13th century Europe, Asian and Black people? Since when?

Ha chill, since we don’t exactly travel whole world around, who knows there aren’t any other there just because it’s not in the book doesn’t proof they don’t exist.
Its not like game follows the book in every way anyway, they change and add things all the time. If not forget it. But why not add something new for last game.

Ha chill, since we don’t exactly travel whole world around, who knows there aren’t any other there just because it’s not in the book doesn’t proof they don’t exist.
Its not like game follows the book in every way anyway, they change and add things all the time. If not forget it. But why not add something new for last game.

HNNNNNG that is a very debatable topic man. In what context would you put a black woman for example, in the game?
Would you make her the village shamanistic witch? This translates to racism o.o
Would you populate the world equally with Blacks, Whites, Asians and so on? In a world where racism is so widely spread, it would turn out like a brothel on fire.

HNNNNNG that is a very debatable topic man. In what context would you put a black woman for example, in the game?
Would you make her the village shamanistic witch? This translates to racism o.o
Would you populate the world equally with Blacks, Whites, Asians and so on? In a world where racism is so widely spread, it would turn out like a brothel on fire.

I tell you what, I work with few black guys who play games like COD or SF4 but not RPG's when I asked them why not they said "its full of white people"
First game had one black guy.. brings some more. whats the deal.

First game had one black guy.. brings some more. what they deal.

Uhm, what? Where?

And if those friends of yours don't want to play the game just because it's "filled with white people" then... actually, I don't want to get into that. These are dangerous waters.

Any addition of the sort would feel forced and weird to me. Like adding something for the sake of adding something.

People care if they find out some upcoming AAA has characters that come from thier country or region. They will support it and get excited about it.

It’s a game not a bible.. chill and don’t take it some seriously it doesn’t have to be main character.

Pretty sure that nobody playing this game will come from the same region as the characters.
But I guess we haven't had any controversial threads for a while, so...

Last edited:
Sure. Just to add I havent started this thread some mod felt like discussing it further and copy+pasted it. delete it please.

This thread is a slippery slope. Anyway, I am not of the opinion that Asian and black people should be added for the sake of diversity. It has to make sense in the game world. Has there ever been an Asian region in the world of the Witcher? No, I don't think so. And black people apparently come from Zerrikania, and there aren't a lot of Zerrikanians in the Northern Kingdom.

Ugh, I feel like an entitled white guy typing this. Didn't mean this in any offensive way.

Sure. Just to add I havent started this thread some mod felt like discussing it further and copy+pasted it. delete it please.

I suggest you don't bring it up then if you don't want it to be discussed. It got moved into it's own thread because it had nothing to do with the thread it was in.

@saoe has requested that the thread be deleted. I intend to do just that in about 10 minutes unless there are people who think that this warrants further discussion.

I for one would like it to be in the open, at least for a day, see in which direction it's heading. Or maybe lock it, but definitely not deletion, in my opinion.

technically since the cultures that flourished in the Mediterranean a little mixed (south: Africa, East: Asia, North, Nordics. The no-references to it that there is something called prejudices simply do .... even at that time!

A little incomplete (about Africa and Asia's own migration's history)

Edit PS:
Of course, the descendants of those non-European races rarely left slavery or servitude, and make a real reference today about their status in a game of pure entertainment (no educational mood) would hurt bad poítical susceptibilities. I mean, trying to follow a certain historical rigor as they have always done, CDPR should put these people in a status of inferiority only by the color of their skin. A no good idea.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom