Divinity: Original Sin

+
There was a new live-stream on Twitch with Swen today which also showed the editor in action. You can watch the recording here on Larian's Twitch channel:

http://www.twitch.tv/larianstudios/b/539683895

June 30th can't come soon enough! :)

Unboxing video of the exclusive kickstarter backers collector's edition:

Now I'm even gladder to have backed D:OS on a level that grants me the special kickstarter backers edition.... :)

Edit:

Force Strategy checked out the latest beta build (short: he really likes the game):

Last edited:
God the game looks marvelous. Just as the commentator says, it seems very dense. And I won't have a PC in time to play at launch...

God the game looks marvelous. Just as the commentator says, it seems very dense. And I won't have a PC in time to play at launch...

Don't be too sad. Larian is known to intensively patch and polish their games after release. So you'll probably get an even better experience in a few weeks. :)

*cries*

It is a shame I don't have a proper working computer to play this game. Ah well, maybe when I do the game has lowered its price.

I can't wait for June 30th.
This is one of my most anticipated RPGs of this year and it looks like it's worth every cent.

I can't wait for June 30th.
This is one of my most anticipated RPGs of this year and it looks like it's worth every cent.
Yeah, it looks like it's worth the 150 bucks I've spent on KS... :p

Beta was really great already so I expect nothing else than the RPG GOTY 2014.

Yeah, it looks like it's worth the 150 bucks I've spent on KS... :p
Beta was really great already so I expect nothing else than the RPG GOTY 2014.

The complexity of this game alone is reason enough to get it.
I'm tired of all these dumbed down mainstream RPGs in which you only button-mash.

D:OS seems so much more fun and full of tactical possibilities.
Manipulating the elements with magic was amazing enough to build the game Magicka around it,
and here it's just one of many features the player can enjoy.

I have no doubt this game will rock. Hard.

A pity I didn't make a pledge to the KS campaign for this game. On the upside, I didn't spend the whole time from campaign start to release anticipating the game; it just kind of snuck up on me!

I expect it to appear on both GOG and Humble, but I'm a bit torn where to buy it. I surely won't get it until the Linux version arrives anyway, but if it comes before GOG's support (let's say July-August), then Humble Store will probably be the only place selling the DRM-free Linux version. I'd prefer to use GOG though, so may be I'll just wait until their Linux support opening.

It's supposed to be on GOG at release. For some crazy fucking bizarre reason, they offered no pre-order nor have they advertised the game on GOG. But it will be there.

I actually find preorders somewhat strange (especially so much in advance as TW3 for example). What if something goes wrong? Normal way of doing it is selling the game as soon as release happens. Crowdfunding is another story, and that kind of "preorder" makes more sense. Unfortunately I didn't participate in Original Sin Kickstarter, so I'll just have to buy it somewhere.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with pre-orders when an experienced dev is delivering. GoG hyped the very average Dragon Commander, why in the hell is the spiritual successor to Divine Divinity not on their front page? I don't get it.

@slimgrin: Essentially preorder is like giving a credit to developers (until the release time). I.e. it's a benefit for them. I think it more fitting when it implies crowdfunding, since there fans are showing support more explicitly, but I see it being used more and more often even for regularly funded games.

Top Bottom