Divinity: Original Sin

+
@227: That's very lame. If the game is already on GOG, why can't they start selling it now for non backers? The most ironic thing is that their optional Galaxy client (which isn't even released yet) apparently prevents the game from being sold! So much for being optional...

The single player is available now, and you can do co-op through LAN. Still pretty lame they weren't able to get Galaxy up and running in time. There was a serious lack of communication from both GoG and Larian. Even the official statement on GoG made it sound like the game wouldn't be available till August. There was also an issue in the Larian vault page regarding the selection of platform. Fortunately, everything seems sorted out now. I was able to redeem my code and the game is now in my library.

...nevermind. When I try to DL I get an error page. Apparently the game isn't available yet. WTF GoG??

Last edited:

Forum veteran
Even the official statement on GoG made it sound like the game wouldn't be available till August.
Last anyone heard, that August date is still the case for non-KS backers.

...nevermind. When I try to DL I get an error page. Apparently the game isn't available yet. WTF GoG??
Have you tried using the downloader? I heard that the manual download is bugged, but the downloader supposedly works.

Last anyone heard, that August date is still the case for non-KS backers.

Have you tried using the downloader? I heard that the manual download is bugged, but the downloader supposedly works.

They haven't been clear on much of anything. Them or Larian. I can't DL it with the downloader or my browser. I can't play the game anyway on my laptop so none of this affects me, but this is a mess.

Even the official statement on GoG made it sound like the game wouldn't be available till August. There was also an issue in the Larian vault page regarding the selection of platform. Fortunately, everything seems sorted out now. I was able to redeem my code and the game is now in my library.

It doesn't look to be sorted out for me. Especially funny that they put release date as June 30 in the game card.

Last edited:

Forum veteran
It's good they admitted it was a mistake to delay it.
For sure, though it's still a bit troubling that GOG thought delaying such an anticipated title for two months was a good idea in the first place. There was also a post on Larian's forum where they said that they thought the game was being released on GOG at launch with Galaxy support and this whole thing was sprung on them a week before release.

Good news overall, but GOG seriously needs to hire someone to act as the voice of reason when they start getting crazy thoughts in their heads.

We're off to see the Wizard, that wonderful Zandalor sod.
Downloaded, goodbye Earth, hello Rivellon.

Haha, nice :) . Good thing I held off on get'n this game on Steam. Now that GOG did the stand-up thing, hopefully I'll be there as well in a few days.

Sorry, guys, I can't post here anymore in the next days/weeks. Divinity: Original Sin got me addicted (again). I can't stop playing this fukking great game...

:horse:

Yeah, I hear it's quite good. I'm still having issues getting my gog key instead of the Steam Beta key, should start playing it soon enough though.

Yeah, I hear it's quite good. I'm still having issues getting my gog key instead of the Steam Beta key, should start playing it soon enough though.

To me it's the RPG of the year, worth every cent~

You probably don't need tips since you already played the Early Access version,
but I recommend picking up Madora early from the INN: she hits like a train.
And she also looks like a train when she runs everyone over with the charge skill~

My main "tank" has a 1h weapon and a shield, but I can't recommend it at early stages in the game.
He deals too little damage and the shield blocks too rarely.

And my rogue is only good for lockpicking/sneaking/pickpocketing.
She has lots of AP but deals very small amounts of damage in combat, even with the best gear.
My caster's lightning spell stuns enemies more often than her stun skill does, so meh...

Perhaps I'll let her use a bow and see how that goes...

Sorry, guys, I can't post here anymore in the next days/weeks. Divinity: Original Sin got me addicted (again). I can't stop playing this fukking great game...

:horse:

I know, man. I know...

I made Madora a ranger since my own main character is a knight... :p

I have a pretty solid party with

1) knight, specialized in two-handed weapons, blacksmithing and crafting (strength)
2) wizard, specialized in fire, earth and witch magic, loremaster (intelligence+perception)
3) ranger, specialized in marksmanship and bows, lockpicking (dexterity)
4) wizard, specizalized in air and water magic (intelligence)

:)

In the trailer it says

"[this game] feels like a modern Baldur's Gate --IGN".

How much of it is true? I mean, it's IGN...

Not that true to be honest, Baldur's Gate doesn't allow for nearly as much enviroment interaction and has real time combat.

A mora apt comparison would be Ultima 7, but with a good combat system.

Top Bottom