[DIY Project] My self-made play mat for official Witcher Gwent cards :)

+
[DIY Project] My self-made play mat for official Witcher Gwent cards :)

Like most of us, I love playing Gwent in Witcher 3 and can't wait for the stand alone game!

So in the mean time I bought the Gwent decks as soon as they were made available and was looking for an official board or mat to play the game on. Sadly none exist.

So, I decided to make my own and printed a customised design onto a high-quality cotton cloth. It turned out so well I thought I'd share it on here. To my relief, the game plays just as well in real-life as it does in-game.

What do you guys think? :)

View attachment 57961 | View attachment 57981 | View attachment 57971 | View attachment 57991 | View attachment 58001

or, http://imgur.com/a/DTzEu

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    263 KB · Views: 607
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    253.1 KB · Views: 1,844
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    213.9 KB · Views: 652
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    315.3 KB · Views: 567
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    231.3 KB · Views: 455
Last edited:
I love this! Easier to transport than a table too :)

Thank you Kristine, your comment means a lot. Before I made this I wasn't sure how playable Gwent would be in 'real-life' - but I needn't have worried, it's fantastic fun (especially using this haha). Oh and yes, it is very much easier to transport :D

ps. Can't wait to try out the stand-alone Gwent game!

Looks great! How did you manage to make it look so cool? :D

Make more of those and put up the shop ;) I can guarantee that you have customers :D

Edit: With REDs promision, of course... :blushing:

Last edited:
Looks great! How did you manage to make it look so cool? :D

Make more of those and put up the shop ;) I can guarantee that you have customers :D

Edit: With REDs promision, of course... :blushing:

Well I take a custom design of the play area and then send it off to get printed on a high-quality cotton cloth. Fortunately the company I use do a great job! Then when I get the mat back from them I trim off the excess white, fold the edges, and hem them by hand with iron on hemming strips (this is to stop any fraying that might occur), it works really well.

Yeah perhaps I will approach CD Project Red about that because i'm getting loads of interest from people. It would be great if I could make mats for everyone who wanted one, so long as my costs, materials and time are recouped of course hehe.

Top Bottom