Djinni Tutorials

+
Djinni Tutorials

REDFlame Interactive has added some new advanced tutorials to the Djinni Wikia. You can find them on the main page. The current tutorials include: * Model Exporting * Scripting Practices * Dialogue with Voice files * Dialogue Scripts * Custom Loadscreens * Cutscenes with Sex Cards * Animations in ScriptingWe have just launched the official exporter tutorial to build your own models and landscapes and export them into Djinni. The link is: * Full Exporter Manual for 3DsMax9 * Example AreaWe have also added the new custom content database. It is in early stages, but will house a large variety of custom models, scripts, textures, etc for the community to use in their own creations. * Custom Content DatabaseWe will edit this post as new tutorials are added.

In the Dialogue with Voice files tutorial it mentions having to use a ogg or wav format, but in the properties/voice file box, there is a mp3 icon on the right hand side. Can anyone explain? ThanxRedTape Studios

Sound Effects are required to be WAV format. OGGs are the preferred format for all voice files.44khz requirement, as well.This comes courtesy of Vaernus of Strands of Destiny. :)

Let me try this one more time. We are speaking of three seperate formats 1.wav(understood) 2. ogg(understood) 3. mp3 icon in voice file box.Is the overall result some sort of mp3 compression of the two (wave and ogg)? Sorry for the confusion but an icon would not have been placed in the Djinni for no reason would it? And if so, whats is its purpose. ;) If I am way off the chart on this matter, plz let me know.

I understand that the Polish culture has a very good sense of humor... MP3 might have been a reference to audio and nothing more... You did try the MP3 format?

Working on it and will give a detailed break-down soon. Maybe mp3 in Poland is slang for audio? LOL, I dont know. :D

REDFlame is making tutorials, and eventually we wish to upgrade to video tutorials.Now, to clarify:Do you mean tutorials on how to make videos in game? Or, do you mean videos of the tutorials for using Djinni?

:-[ ?? Can't see it.edit can see it now!:/ ok it explain it in a technical way, it's not a step by step exemple, it's only for people who come from nwn...

The area example, or the tutorial overall? None of our 3D team come from NWN and have fully been able, after some testing, to design that area example we've posted from scratch. Granted it's not a step by step (which we are working on next), but if you follow through, it's pretty straightforward once you get the hang of it. And you can dissect the .MAX file in area example to see just what was done to create the area.

Vaernus: :) I was talking about the last tuto "animation scripting", despite the fact that it's very clear in explain scripting issue, just a simple showcase "step by step" will be helpfull, for a really novice like me... it's not easy to figure where all theses scripts must be placed.anyway thank you for taking the time to share your discoveries!!!

Hi there,Pleeeeeaaase, can somebody make a short description of how to get a damned .bmp region map in the area properties?I downloaded that contest document with the l24 areamap, put it in my photoprogramm, make it a bitmap, but it couldn't be found in the area properties, in the line 'region bitmap override', I don't know what I have done wrong or how this should work, btw it has the same size like the bitmaps of area l08. ??? ???Is there a 2da file needed, and if so, how do I make/get one?If someone can make a tutorial for this damned thing, before the second stage of contest begins, I would be very thankful.

Top Bottom