Djinni Tutorials

+
Hm, yes, I thought so and so I done this but it doesn't work. I PMed Vaernus about this, and wrote my problem with the double "reg" that Aurora log set before the file name, if I delete the reg before it, Aurora log says: file can't be read. It works properly when I extracted area l08 from the m1_modul "Prize of Neutrality", so I thought it was maybe scripted, but it isn't. There are also a lot of files (especially for area gl24 - needed for contest) with 'map' in its name, I copied all .dds and .txi and all other files with this name into my data folder and changed the properties hundred of times to get the map run, but it still doesn't work. It seems that it works fine in the m1_module itself but NOT in a very new module. (yes, and that is needed for contest...*sick*)There are also some "emptymap.dds +.txi" files, but I don't now how to change them, if they can be changed somehow. ???

New tutorials on the horizon after Deception launch (extremely imminent) include maps, advanced exporting, adding animals, advanced scripting, and more. We will also be completely setting up the custom content database with many buildings, scripts, and objects to work with.

New cutscene creation tutorial is up on Djinni Wikia.Also the custom content database has gone live. By the end of the week, all content inside Deception will be embedded in the area for use in other mod projects. This includes:
  • 2D Artwork including loading screens, maps, sex cards, and more.
  • 3D Models including the buildings, bushes, plants, town, trees, and more.
  • Music including battle, cutscenes, town, and more.
  • Scripts for nearly anything you can think of
  • And much much more as time progresses.
We hope this area will allow teams without artists and musicians to be able to still have custom assets for new adventures. :)

Wow, that sounds really good.Simon Brooke and I are working on a playable tutorial mod, so we can put a whole lot of stuff into it.
We hope this area will allow teams without artists and musicians to be able to still have custom assets for new adventures.
This is real good because there are so less modding teams at this time, and people like me who work alone on a mod really need such things.Very much thanks in the name of all "work-alone"-modders to Red Flame Team. It will make things a lot easier.

Thanks, great tutorial. Now I finally know how to create this painted back flashes like in the original game. ^^

Full Quest tutorial has gone live at http://djinni.wikia.com/wiki/Quest_System_101 which details how to build a complex quest with as little problems as possible. Details utilizing journal entries, global dialog flags, and other practices over using dialogue responses. Hope this helps. :)

Is there an actual Djinni manual available somewhere? If so, where?If not, I'm not going ti waste my time trying to figure it out.

mevose said:
Is there an actual Djinni manual available somewhere? If so, where?If not, I'm not going ti waste my time trying to figure it out.
There's an online manual -- the Djinni wiki. It was created by fans, who've done the hard work of figuring stuff out before you.

is there a basic tutorial on how to access the scripts and make them work or viewable ?! like .2da and .nss or .mdb

Top Bottom