DLC 7+8 out now

+
Exploiting dumb customers has always been and will always be a business tactic and a fair one. A business exists to make money after all and is not responsible for your personal finances. It's not even like they are outright trying to deceive you or force you to buy their stuff. They are just trying to make their product look as attractive as they can for as little cost as they can because the market is a competitive game.

You're wrong it's no fair at all.
It's like Marc Inc. selling Snickers without peanuts and charge you additionally for them to give you full product, so before DLC era there was a Snickers now there is still a Snickers (at same price as before) + DLC peanuts

I got some perfect example for people who defend actions like this but I guess it's too inappropriate to post here, let's just say it's connected with sex

How can you activate and deactivate the DLC if not using the galaxy app??
Because i can only find yens DLC in the games menu.

Still on 1.03

You can uninstall them through windows control panel

Last edited:
Don't worry next time we'll ask them to give 30 hours of free content.
I'm willing to pay for 30 hours of additional gameplay, but what point are exclusive DLC card skins? armor, crossbows, small side quests, these all are much better options than just reskins...

---------- Updated at 06:58 PM ----------

The answer is "any way they want" since Gwent is horribly unbalanced to begin with. No cap on hero cards and such makes it so that the game depends more on how many nice cards you have than anything. Just make yourdeck containing ONLY the nice OP cards and it's an instant win.
that's the point, make the most badass deck and obliterate your opponents :) plus, you can always leave hero cards off your deck (like I do except for Yennefer, and mysterious elf) and play your way :) you can make the game challenging as you please

I'm willing to pay for 30 hours of additional gameplay, but what point are exclusive DLC card skins? armor, crossbows, small side quests, these all are much better options than just reskins...

Post that on CS:GO or LoL forum and feel the rage ^^

Last edited:
Just a quick bug report. With Fools Gold the journal entries with Dandelion's summary are out of order and I'm not sure if it's something adjusted with the DLC's or if I just hadn't noticed it before but it's using the wrong icon for Draconid Oil (basic) in the alchemy concoction screen.

All hail the glorious Porcine Army! http://i.imgur.com/9S1AuzU.jpg

It's like Marc Inc. selling Snickers without peanuts and charge you additionally for them to give you full product, so before DLC era there was a Snickers now there is still a Snickers (at same price as before) + DLC peanuts

I got some perfect example for people who defend actions like this but I guess it's too inappropriate to post here, let's just say it's connected with sex

Sorry but no you're wrong and that isn't how the world works. There is absolutely nothing "unfair" about it, just entitled people who mistakenly think they deserve more than they are offered yet for some odd reason can't seem to stop buying things despite not thinking it's a good deal just to complain about it afterward.

No one is lying, forcing or coercing you into buying said products you think aren't worth it. If you don't think it's a good deal simply don't buy it. That's how business works. You aren't entitled to anything and you have full control over only buying things that are in your OPINION worth the asking price or not buying them. Just because something was once offered for a certain cost but now isn't doesn't magically make you entitled to it.

In short you are not entitled to the peanuts. If you want them pay the extra amount or if you don't think the deal worth it simply go buy something from someone else. Or just do without.

Last edited:

Post that on CS:GO or LoL forum and feel the rage ^^
I don't play either CS:GO or LoL, but I played Source, 1.6 or 1.5, for those you could easily download skins for free :) though they were banned on some servers... charging money just for other textures is mean (my cousin sold a knife skin for a 100€ in cash, not in credit), for new models and animations, I would be willing to pay a small amount :)

I mean...I expected it this way but I am still sad how meaningless most of the dlcs are. The gwent one was the only one I got excited about and we get a stupid skins...for real...for real?!

What about the new appearance for Triss or Ciri?

I wouldn't mind an alternate appearance Ciri DLC even if all it did was get rid of the chest bandages and used the actual nude models/skins that are unused but already in the game files... lol

Tho I suppose if they don't someone at Nexus mods will do it eventually

People say this without thinking about it at all, apparently.

Street Fighter II had 8 characters and cost about £50, or about £75 adjusting for inflation. Street Fighter IV had over 30 characters and cost about £35-40. What exactly did they remove in order to add in some DLC characters or costumes? Look at just about any game that has a roster of selectable characters and it's many times larger than it was in the past. I've seen people complain about DLC for games like Dynasty Warriors, and how they "take out characters" yet the most recent DW game had about 3 times the amount of characters as the earlier games in the series. I saw people complaining about how they've "removed" civilisations from Civ: Beyond Earth to put as DLC later, yet it had more civs in it than Alpha Centauri.

There are some examples of games that feel gutted compared to the previous one in the series, like Saints Row III according to my friend, but these are actually very rare. It's the same as this weird idea that games are shorter than they used to be, or that short games are a modern thing. Wildly popular games from the 90s like Mario and Sonic took just a few hours to complete, Street Fighter takes about 10 minutes to complete, Mario Kart took about 15 minutes to complete. Same goes for Mega Man and in fact most famous games from that era. Even relatively epic games like Link to the Past take a single digit amount of hours to finish.

Top Bottom