DLC and internet connection

+
DLC and internet connection

I just picked The Witcher back up to play again yesterday. I am on version 1.22 and have both Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine downloaded, along with many of the free DLCs. I don't have a internet connection in this room so I have to run a cord into another room when I either want to play online games or if I need to update games. It's worked fine in the past, I played all of Hearts of Stone without a internet connection. Last night I started a new game + without a net connection, and played for a couple of hours. I just went to play now and it says both DLCs are available to download, even though I already bought and downloaded them. So I tried to load up my game from last night and it says I need both DLCs along with a list of other DLCs I've already loaded a while ago.

I don't know if this is a PS4 issue or a Witcher issue. I can't hook up to the internet right now, but I'll try that later when I can get to the plug. Has anyone had this issue or know what is going on? Any way to fix this? The PS4 has a hell of a time picking up the wifi signal, and keeps dropping it so that doesn't work. I really hope I can play this without a internet connection or I'm going to be shit out of luck.

If you get your internet up and running again, do that:

Select
(Settings) > [PlayStation™Network/Account Management] > [Restore Licenses].

Normally you shouldn't have any problems with your DLCs again. [You must be online to make the above step!)

After that, you can go offline, and play the game as you usually would.

Thanks, I'll give that a try later when I can get to the plug. The nearest working connection is in someones bedroom, and they are asleep now. I'm not sure why the PS4 drops the wifi connection, it worked for the PS3 and my laptop. Technology drives me crazy sometimes.

Why you don't make a wired connection with your modem (Router) to the PS4,
moving your modem (Router) near to the console?

That would be the easiest and the most reliable connection.

How to:

Select
(Settings) > [Network] > [Set Up Internet Connection], and then follow the on-screen instructions to configure network settings. Connecting with a LAN cable (for a wired connection)

Select [Use a LAN Cable]. If you select [Easy] and follow the on-screen instructions, setup is automatic.

Afterwards, test your internet connection
To test an Internet connection and display the results, select
(Settings) > [Network] > [Test Internet Connection].

Last edited:
It's not my house so I can't do anything about the router or the jacks. The router is in the basement, I'm on the second floor. Since I don't normally need the internet connection it's not too bad. I have a cable that reaches but I have to run it down a shared hallway. But that jack is finicky and sometimes it won't connect. The closest consistent hookup is in someone else bedroom, and I can use it if needed. But when I connected to the net today my PS4 updated and everything is working now, for now.

Guest 4399916

Yes, I had the same problem, and I have made the conclusion, that the best way of solving this issue is to delete your system 32. To be honest, I did not know about that when I was struggling through the same issue as you last year. I started to broadcast on YouTube how I am playing different games on my PC, and when I had some issues with my internet connection the first thing I could ever think is that I have some Internet provider problems. I mean I thought it was because the Internet source was overloading and dropping all the connections. So to say, I changed my internet provider after I looked for the best option for a couple of days, but I was lucky when I found this service https://usave.co.uk/ . It saved me a lot of time and money, so I was able to pick the best offer on the market and I had to pay the same money as I used to pay before, but the problem remained and I found out that I need to delete the system 32 files so now I have a strong and a great Internet connection that is going fast and smooth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom