DLC and platform exclusive content

+
For the first time since 2009 I will pay for a DLC (if they release the extent one) because I trust and love the way CD RED treats their fans. Simple like that. Just read the hate upon Ubisoft and lately Bungie with Destiny.

THANK YOU, CD P Red !

I hope RED never charges for DLC's or gets into some kind of exclusive-content bull****.

It's a massive rip-off for publishers to charge for an extra skin or an additional weapon. This should be illegal. Those people are all about money and don't really give a s*** about you and me. Watch Dogs, for example, was diseased with this crap.

RED, on the other hand, are about delivering the best gaming experience possible. They care about their game, their fans and they are truly the only free developer out there. I hope they never change. :clap:

And don't get me started on the season-pass; I spit on it.

Last edited:
On an interview (I don't remenber which), one of CD RED said that smal content (armors, weapons, one quest and so on) would come at a free dlc and big contents like new lands, story, more game hours and so on would be a paid expansion.
I trust CDPR at their decisions. I pre-ordered TW2 and never felt betrayed.
But, as some people said, I agree 100% that they should open an Merchanding store! I want a set of dice poker!

On an interview (I don't remenber which), one of CD RED said that smal content (armors, weapons, one quest and so on) would come at a free dlc and big contents like new lands, story, more game hours and so on would be a paid expansion.
I trust CDPR at their decisions. I pre-ordered TW2 and never felt betrayed.
But, as some people said, I agree 100% that they should open an Merchanding store! I want a set of dice poker!

It was a recently interview. And they say that DLC would be around 20 hours for example.
It's BIG for me! I took 57 hours to finish Dragon Age: Origins (yeah, I only play 2/3 hours per day and enjoy every bit of a game).

Never bought DLC, never will. Give me an expansion fine, but I don't want to be drip fed stuff for extraordinary prices. CDPR are doing it right. Even if there would be just bug fixes and no additional content. But this is even better.
Still won't pre-order though. I want to buy my game on my own terms and this means, that I see the reception first.

I happy to pay for an Expansion Pack too, but as a fan of witcher who will be playing TW3 on a Console, I would like to have access to various outfits, armours & weapons. So please CD Project Red make them all available on the consoles as well.
I don't want to miss playing as Geralt, Yen, Triss (if possible Ciri) in different outfits and hair styles.

I would like to have access to various outfits, armours & weapons. So please CD Project Red make them all available on the consoles as well. I don't want to miss playing as Geralt, Yen, Triss (if possible Ciri) in different outfits and hair styles.
What are you even talking about?

Even if most DLCs cost something like $6,99, just imagine a game where you have something like 10 DLCs with different content or stuff you need/want.
That means you have to pay ~$70 just for extending a game where you have already paid $60/$70 for.
Do you really think anyone thinks this is ok?

It's necessary for games that are [at this point] the last of a trilogy, etc. I would rather pay another 70 bucks for a lot more content of a reaaally good game than have none at all.

Is $50 worth of DLC worth it for games that have yearly installments? Not to me.
Is it worth it for a game that isn't likely to have a sequel (due to narrative, etc)? For me, yes.

As much as I want to say I want PC exclusives, I just cannot. Knowing how bad it feels as a PC user to see the consoles getting the better treatment every time.
I'd gladly pay for good quality DLC or possibly an old school type of expansion. I just hate it when developers stop supporting their products when there's untapped potential.

Joni

Forum regular
Are DLC for Witcher 3 intended?

i have ideas

learn new skill

but its only a reason to talk about when dlcs are intended

Witcher rock!

They have said that their DLC is always free on an interview. So I would assume that they plan on releasing some. :D

If they keep the tradition, they will probably launch an Enhanced Edition with some new content after a while. But new quests and itens are very likely going to happend.

Joni

Forum regular
hope witcher series never ending next 5 years. nearby star citizen is the witcher with eventual the division the only game can play mature on pc. hope they have a lot of ideas ready for future. i do not can belive a end of the witcher series.

darksoul i like but the gameplay is to slow for me i like the witcher moves much more

no i do not like to say it at all lol

i send it to cd red bether :)
but i think they have no interesting about it because its theyr work so maybe i have a good idea but maybe they have it before and when its a good idea how lot of it is true and what is unknow mmmh i hope they make awesome dlc's
so i think i can say: skill: grave cold ( stop vampires and gives a dark aura for humans feel escape ) learn by a vampirewich and important to kill a bossmonster maybe fireelemental or something. i like that :)

http://youtu.be/E3NGrG6UEaM

new cool oldscool stuff

http://youtu.be/61m-oXf5D9Q

Last edited:
Some poeple believe that there will be 20 h expansion to the TW3 before the end of 2015 - there are some hints about it from interviews of Michał Kiciński (he said that they will support TW3 and there willl be strong sales impulse of the game in time of next Christmas) and from company's strategy showed to shareholders (they want to create in next years 2 smaller games, with 20 hours of content, that will support the main game). It will be probably done by CDPR branch from Kraków (they recently wanted to hire writer with knowledge of Sapkowski books).

All I'm gonna say is that I want the full game for the money I pay for it.
If there's gonna be DLC I consider that it should've been in the game to begin with.
I get it that you might wanna release some content after the initial release of the game to keep the marketing fresh, but then it should be free.

If CDPR go with platform exclusives and paid DLC, count me in i'll gladly delete my GOG account. They said with meaty expansion packs but i haven't seen it on TW2.

As far as I know nothing was ever said officially about an expansion pack for Witcher 2 but we got the Enhanced Edition for free and that contained new characters and quests . However the devs have repeatedly said that DLC`s like swords or armor would never be charged for .

Top Bottom