DLC Beard still grows.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
DLC Beard still grows.

Regardless of whatever I choose it still grows back for some reason. As others have said, it seems to be tied to the main quest progression and just general progression.

---------- Updated at 03:10 PM ----------

Just tested and it seems it also grows after loading a saved game. Seems to be growing to a full beard but only sometimes. Okay, not sure what affects it but it shouldn't be growing in the first place. I have the trimmed and short beard on Geralt in case anyone is wondering what beard. Didn't test any other beards but it's most likely the same. Pain in the bottom to go to the barber each time.

Last edited:
Funnily enough, I like that. Even with another game they made a mod that makes you grow a beard during game play. Also, for me it adds a level of realism since if you watch each day that passes the beard gets more pronounced. This tells me that it is an intended mechanic to get a shave every so often if you want to be clean shaven. The hair, I would like to see more styles, or maybe a progression like the beard.

Wasting tons of time going from marker to marker and looking for a barber. They said it won't grow when choosing a certain style besides clean shaven. Hope they fix this.

Wonder if there's a setting that controls the growth in a .ini file or something like that. Should just implement an option in the gameplay menu for beard growth so we can switch it on or off.

I actually have a reverse problem. It stopped growing after a clean shave, before I installed the DLC. No matter how much timed had passed, meditation and fast travel, Geralt was still clean shaven.

Same with other beard styles after I installed the DLC. It never grows for me.

Last edited:
I also have the reverse problem. After I got a clean shave, it stopped growing altogether. I don't have the DLC installed. It's not really that important, but I liked the beard growth :)

That's really weird... it seems to grow constantly for me, after quests, after some times passed, when loading saves and so on. It's cool and all that it grows, I get it but they said it will stop growing once you pick anything that isn't a clean shave so this is clearly a bug and not to mention it also stops growing for others. This is probably easy to fix but there's probably also a setting somewhere that controls it. I looked around in the files but I'd rather not mess anything up, if anyone is more knowledgeable with the engine and files and could look into this and share their expertise it would be appreciated. Minor problem, I know but it ruins the point of the DLC and I'm going crazy here with all these roads to the barber, plus it doesn't help that barbers don't show up on the region map and only on the minimap and close proximity.

Beard grow. Because its dlc you think it shouldn't grow?

When you very deliberately pick a particular beard option at the barber, yes. It's not unreasonable to ask that these options stay for a little longer than one or two quests before they turn into full santa mode.

Mine also grew from full beard short. I thought it was a feature, not a bug. :p
The goatee seems to be fine though. Rest looked too horrible for me to put on.

When you very deliberately pick a particular beard option at the barber, yes. It's not unreasonable to ask that these options stay for a little longer than one or two quests before they turn into full santa mode.
How does that work in real life? I'm just asking.

Exactly. Besides, the devs said it themselves that they shouldn't grow but it seems bugged for many people atm. I guess it's to be expected but I'm just pointing it out.

---------- Updated at 01:53 PM ----------

How does that work in real life? I'm just asking.

It's a game... I have nothing against Geralt's santa beard but if the game keeps forcing that on me despite my choices then we have a huge problem. Also, didn't mean to give redpoint... oops, oh well.

OP are you looking the face of Gerqalt non stop .. why do people even complain about such coool and realistic feature .. I LIKE having a growing beard !

OP are you looking the face of Gerqalt non stop .. why do people even complain about such coool and realistic feature .. I LIKE having a growing beard !

Maybe I'll stop once you learn to read. It's the DLC beard that bothers me, it isn't supposed to grow. Considering I don't really have a choice and I have to spend nearly all of the game looking at his face, your point is really moot.

---------- Updated at 03:21 PM ----------

For anyone else asking why I care so much.

Last edited:
I also have this problem, it's really annoying, because the beard growth isn't even immersive, it goes from the short beard to a massive fullblown beard in seconds sometimes, for example from starting a fistfight to the cutscene where you're announced as the winner, the beard is suddenly massive.

Could we please have the option of just completely disabling beard growth? It's annoying enough to have to trim my beard in real life every week, having to visit a barber every hour of playing if you want to keep a neatly trimmed beard is insane.

I agree to that... please add a option/choice to stop the beard growth.
Or please tell community "Where and in which files we find the process for the beard growth"?

This is really worrying me. I don't care if cutting hair or shaving won't grow it back. I just want constancy. Some people say if you do clean shaven the beard will grow back and others say that's not the case. I for one did clean shaven and then meditated a lot but my beard never grew. It's a shame because i want to try the other hair and beard styles but i don't wanna lose the full beard which is one of my favorites. I wonder why something simple as that couldn't have been done it's not even complicated to code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom