DLC Blood&Wine Date of release? [Spoilers]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
@yobsoddoth I guess it's too late for our charades now... :sofa:

What is the problem with announcing release date anyway? Unless it's not yet defined? This whole excessive secrecy doesn't make any sense.

What is the problem with announcing release date anyway? Unless it's not yet defined? This whole excessive secrecy doesn't make any sense.

It's possible that, as you said, the release date is not yet defined. They may also want to make some last minute changes or additions to the expansion, and not providing a firm release date gives them some latitude in that regard. It's worth bearing in mind that the first teaser for Hearts of Stone didn't even drop until September 8th, and the game came out on October 13th, so that was about a month in advance. If they are planning for a June release, we should be hearing something soon. I would just hold your horses. Also, no offense, but you haven't even played the base game yet, have you? Not sure why you are fretting about the second expansion.

the whole world knows the release date by now

I mean until now. And by now it wasn't even announced officially.

---------- Updated at 02:41 PM ----------

Also, no offense, but you haven't even played the base game yet, have you? Not sure why you are fretting about the second expansion.

I'm more interested in CDPR's communication practices than in the expansion. At least for the time being, until they'll release a playable game for Linux. As you can I see, I was asking about reasons for secrecy, not about "why it's delayed" and such.

I saw this today on Steam when I searched "The Witcher 3" to compare the price. I didn't see that store page, but I saw Blood and Wine DLC in the search tab. Guess I was not being delusional after all :)

cyseal

What? 31.May? But that ruined my plan for June/July release.

The ability to order the Gwent decks should be up soon as well. A few days ago I was looking at the J!NX website as well as redeemgwent.com, and I saw an option to order the Blood and Wine and Hearts of Stone decks provided that you had a redemption code. They pulled the sites a short time later, but it's pretty clear that they've got something in the works.

;D

I'm not sure why there's so much hubbub about the release date. When they know, we'll know.

Gives me time to tire myself out on Dragon's Dogma, meanwhile...

I just don't see a May release, even on the 31st. My bet would be somewhere in late June.

I'm more interested in CDPR's communication practices than in the expansion. At least for the time being, until they'll release a playable game for Linux. As you can I see, I was asking about reasons for secrecy, not about "why it's delayed" and such.

You mean it's bad that they're not trying to whip up a frenzy by announcing the date well in advance, thus encouraging people to pre-order without details of the expansion? Sometimes, you surprise me, Gilrond ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom