DLC Brain Dance Gaming

+
This would be an easy way for DLCs to take place in exotic places without having to explain too much.

Just make them be Braindances. Buy the newest bd, chip in, and you can play in new, far off locations.

This opens up the possibilities for DLC locations to even be in the past, with bd games set in the Central American Conflicts or the Corporate Wars.

Other locations with various sci-fi or fantasy themes could also be possible, all being bought or found in NC. Later ones may be rewards for or acquired during missions. A later one could be an as of yet unreleased bd that you can physically steal or hack into their database to get ahead of release.

This also frees the devs from having to make up some explanation for V to leave NC, or make a way to move between both locations as the bd could be exited at any time, though the bd may require checkpoints to really give the feeling you're playing a game within a game.

Your skills in NC would transfer to in the bd, and maybe you could learn new skills introduced in the DLC through these bds.

Add. Thoughts:
This could also be a chance for the devs to include references and jabs to other games, like being offered in-game microtransactions (not in real life!) or having to defeat griefers in online combat bds.

Last edited:
I imagine they'd be like the videos in the original Watch_Dogs.

Which, frankly, I could do without.

Braindance gaming would surely be part of an arcade somewhere, Wouldn't surprise me if that's one of the multiplayer option if/when they finally get around to it.

I was just disappointed to see all the arcade cabinets in the game and not a single one of them is playable

I think it would be cool if they integrated brain dances into crime investigations, bounty hunts, corporate espionage missions and so on.

I think it would be cool if they integrated brain dances into crime investigations, bounty hunts, corporate espionage missions and so on.
Yeah, brain dances only appeared occasionally to shift the games action scenes to investigative puzzles.

What i have in mind are more like various new areas we can explore and fulfill objectives in. There could be combat, investigative, or pure stealth ones.

I also thought this could be a good way to make jabs at other games by including micro transactions in-game (not in real life!), or having to fight griefers in online combat bds.

Yeah, brain dances only appeared occasionally to shift the games action scenes to investigative puzzles.

What i have in mind are more like various new areas we can explore and fulfill objectives in. There could be combat, investigative, or pure stealth ones.

I also thought this could be a good way to make jabs at other games by including micro transactions in-game (not in real life!), or having to fight griefers in online combat bds.

I love this. It's amazing how under-developed brain dances are in this game. They could add SO much more depth and uniqueness. I really hope they get more attention down the road.

It's definitely an under utilized mechanic, but it can be tedious at times with having to look for clues.

That's why I'd think a vr style gaming system using bds would be a cool way to explore it more. I remember one of the trailers featured a kid playing such a game, giving us the option to would give a lot of freedom to explore new places.

Top Bottom