DLC Hope: Life after the Wild Hunt

+
DLC Hope: Life after the Wild Hunt

At the request of subsequent posters, I have wrapped the contents of this post in spoiler tags.

I was so bummed when I saw the storyboards at the end, as I was hoping to see the dust settle and Geralt settling into the life he chose for himself via all the decisions made throughout the game. For instance, if Triss was chosen as a partner, to be able to actually see their home in Kovir and maybe just a snippet of Kovir itself -- it wouldn't even require the creation of a whole new zone (though, how sweet would that be), and a repeatable quest where you help her with the Sorcerer's Lodge or something along those lines. I just want a sense of closure, personally. I was left feeling kind of bleak after the sudden disappearance of all the NPC's from the world, after having gone through something so intense together. Would love to be able to maintain some kind of rudimentary access to them that is based on your decisions from the main game. Enough that it feels more concrete than the storyboards at the end, but not so much that the devs are having to make an all new game. Does that sound like a possible thing, or is it just wishful thinking on my part?

Last edited:
They should do it like GTA 5 where the game is still alive even after the credit rolls, sure it's different from when the mainstory's still there, but there are still post ending contents and the characters still stay in contact.

btw you should add *spoiler* in the title, let's just hope people will catch what you mean by saying it life AFTER the wild hunt.

I was so bummed when I saw the storyboards at the end, as I was hoping to see the dust settle and Geralt settling into the life he chose for himself via all the decisions made throughout the game. For instance, if Triss was chosen as a partner, to be able to actually see their home in Kovir and maybe just a snippet of Kovir itself -- it wouldn't even require the creation of a whole new zone (though, how sweet would that be), and a repeatable quest where you help her with the Sorcerer's Lodge or something along those lines. I just want a sense of closure, personally. I was left feeling kind of bleak after the sudden disappearance of all the NPC's from the world, after having gone through something so intense together. Would love to be able to maintain some kind of rudimentary access to them that is based on your decisions from the main game. Enough that it feels more concrete than the storyboards at the end, but not so much that the devs are having to make an all new game. Does that sound like a possible thing, or is it just wishful thinking on my part?

I hope for the exact same thing, life after, extended romance, just a little bit of a continuation of the story, and continued contact with the main characters

Doing it like GTA would be perfect. Although I'm not entirely sure how the AI compares, since the main characters in GTA are actually moving around in the world. I don't think they could do that...but maybe they could do something to kind of simulate that, like have certain people you've met, show up at different places. Example would be: you go to a bar in White Orchard and see an old companion there or something

OP should put 'Spoiler' tag to warn others that his thread may contain spoilers.

I do agree that there should be life after the ending. I would reckon this would happen in the form of mods if CDPR doesn't officially implement it.

OP should put 'Spoiler' tag to warn others that his thread may contain spoilers.

I do agree that there should be life after the ending. I would reckon this would happen in the form of mods if CDPR doesn't officially implement it.

There is a console command mod out now that allows you to spawn any of the NPC's to tag along with you, but they have no other function than just following you around. It's just not the same thing. =(

There is a console command mod out now that allows you to spawn any of the NPC's to tag along with you, but they have no other function than just following you around. It's just not the same thing. =(

Yeah it's definitely not the same feeling and it's a shame at that. However, from what I gather reading articles and comments made by others who have read the book
Geralt and Yennefer died and Ciri transported them to another world(Island of Apple Trees) where they could live together.
so that would explain why CDPR doesn't inject anymore life in the aftermath as doing that would break Andrezj Sapkowski direction on the ending he wrote in his book.

Yeah it's definitely not the same feeling and it's a shame at that. However, from what I gather reading articles and comments made by others who have read the book
Geralt and Yennefer died and Ciri transported them to another world(Island of Apple Trees) where they could live together.
so that would explain why CDPR doesn't inject anymore life in the aftermath as doing that would break Andrezj Sapkowski direction on the ending he wrote in his book.

Sapkowski and the developers aren't on really good terms now. Much like Christopher Tolkien and Peter Jackson.

Wow, really? I thought Sapkowski was somewhat neutral about all this.

Sapkowski was initially very supportive and ADORED all the attention he was getting (also the money). Then he did a 180 and said that not only were the games not canon but the idea of a mere video game being a SEQUEL is idiotic.

Sapkowski was initially very supportive and ADORED all the attention he was getting (also the money). Then he did a 180 and said that not only were the games not canon but the idea of a mere video game being a SEQUEL is idiotic.

If that's the case the rift might have started even before TW3 was even planned, might be as early as the making of TW2?

I want to give this thread five stars. Thank you for bringing this up! Yeah while. It happened with TW2 too, until they released the final polish version the EE where they made the game the best they could, so I hope history repeats and they look at these points as well.

I loved how the game ends, but still there are these blank spaces left, like all the people you grew close to as the game ended, they're gone. What? The game does say when you're done with the credits "The world will be in the state of the final chapter of the main story before the final end."
So that does mean, for eg:
Ciri is alive, made the sword for her with her first witcher contract, there you stop playing. Then the game fastforwards to the future saying how he taught her everything he knew and they split ways, she went on to become a legend like her father, and he relaxed with chosen romantic option. Or not.

The point where it fast-forwards into the future must be the final endings which the game says, and this can be verified with the official prima guide walktrhough as well.

So on all worldstates, it is possible to have something running. Not necessarily a full fledged plot, but something which keeps the game and Geralt's world personally alive. (btw anyone remembers the excellent Mass Effect 3 final DLC Citadel?) ;)

Sapkowski and the developers aren't on really good terms now. Much like Christopher Tolkien and Peter Jackson.

Not really sure where you heard this. Sapkowski has never really said anything bad about the games. In fact all he says is that he congratulates them on their success and that he doesn't consider the games canon.

---------- Updated at 09:37 AM ----------

If that's the case the rift might have started even before TW3 was even planned, might be as early as the making of TW2?

Sapkowski has never mentioned a rift, nor has CD Projekt. This is just baseless speculation. If he wasn't afraid to bash The Witcher TV series, he wouldn't be afraid to bash the game.

His quote on the matter: "'The Witcher' is a well made video game, its success is well deserved and the creators deserve all the splendour and honour due. But in no way can it be considered to be an 'alternative version', nor a 'sequel' to the witcher Geralt stories. Because this can only be told by Geralt's creator. A certain Andrzej Sapkowski."

So what rift were you talking about? He compliments CD Projekt.

Last edited:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...r-of-the-witcher-books-thinks-about-the-games

Go read this for more information on the subject of Sapkowski and the games.

"I've never played any computer games, be it fantasy or others."

"If we level the field between books and their adaptations in other media, only the former can be the ones telling a story," he stated. "There can never be a different relation between a book and its adaptation, other than the one that without the book the adaptation would not exist at all."

"I believe it is the success of my books that significantly affects the popularity of the games," he returned. "That in reality, the games used this fact, as my success beat the games to the punch.

"A story can only be contained in a book."

"It is also important to note that there is a negative aspect, damages if you like, that I bear because of the game," he went on, "but neither the game or, God forbid, its creators can, of course, be blamed for such state. Some foreign publishers are doing me a disservice by painting my books with artwork borrowed from the games, and including game advertisements and game related blurbs inside.

"Though I praised the knowledge and familiarity of fantasy readers, there are some among them who have less of it. Sometimes, by looking at the covers, they reject books as game novelizations, products secondary to the game."

Let's just say... considering all 3 'major' endings, it's not really possible.

It would be... at least as far as Geralt, his love interest and some of the other characters are concerned. Also, all three main endings leave the world more or less untouched, the only thing that really could to be changed would be some of the guards and banners in Novigrad and Velen, to reflect either Temerian/Redanian or Nilfgaaardian rule, and not even that would be a must, since the war will still go on for some time, no matter the outcome.

It would take some work, sure, but it could be done...

Excellent post. I had the exact feelings you did after the credits. I enjoyed the storyboards and felt it added to the folklore and mystique of the the world but then it felt like a rug got pulled right out from under me. This may just go to their skill in creating an immersive experience that you don't want to let go of but I would have almost preferred a fade to black rather than that feeling of being dunked in ice water with a message telling you that all the characters you've grown and worked with have been removed from the world. I agree with Smurfin that something similar to GTA V's post-story experience would be a perfect way to taper off. I can't tell you how much I would love to see the new game extensions take place after the main quest but I guess that might not be possible.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...r-of-the-witcher-books-thinks-about-the-games

Go read this for more information on the subject of Sapkowski and the games.

"I've never played any computer games, be it fantasy or others."

"If we level the field between books and their adaptations in other media, only the former can be the ones telling a story," he stated. "There can never be a different relation between a book and its adaptation, other than the one that without the book the adaptation would not exist at all."

"I believe it is the success of my books that significantly affects the popularity of the games," he returned. "That in reality, the games used this fact, as my success beat the games to the punch.

"A story can only be contained in a book."

"It is also important to note that there is a negative aspect, damages if you like, that I bear because of the game," he went on, "but neither the game or, God forbid, its creators can, of course, be blamed for such state. Some foreign publishers are doing me a disservice by painting my books with artwork borrowed from the games, and including game advertisements and game related blurbs inside.

"Though I praised the knowledge and familiarity of fantasy readers, there are some among them who have less of it. Sometimes, by looking at the covers, they reject books as game novelizations, products secondary to the game."

Sapkwoski talks too much. It's capitalism Sapkwo, you wanted to be part of this.

Top Bottom