DLC Idea...

+
This wouldn't be a huge full length thing, just something fun to be added to the game.
[DISCLAIMER: This thread is all in fun. any and all Poo Pooing comments that say cliché crap like "That would be a waste of resources." will be ignored. Have some imagination, and let people have some fun]

I came up with this idea a LOOOONG time ago. so far back that the idea was originally something I thought would have been cool to see in GTA San Andreas. years later I pitched the idea on the forums for Saints row 2, and some people seemed to like it, but it the devs didn't say anything, so i guess they didn't.
That's fine, I think it'll fit better in Cyberpunk 2077 anyway.

The idea, is a set of strange side missions. to even get these missions you need to be in the right place at the right time. the opportunity will present itself once every in game day in the form of a phone ringing in an abandoned cabin far off the beaten path.

When you answer that phone, there's a voice on the other end that will give you an odd fetch quest. upon finishing that fetch quest a compartment will open up somewhere in the cabin. like a cabinet of the refrigerator, and inside will be your payment in the form of a bizarre sci-fi gadgets. There will be 5 of these side quest and 5 weapons.

The weapons will be...
A Mr. Freeze style ice gun, that freezes them solid and makes the shatterable if you shoot or bash them

a personal cloaking device that lets you literally turn invisible for a very short amount of time.

A Love ray that makes them like you so much that not only do they no longer want to kill you, but they turn against their friends for you.
(You could also maybe use this to win back the good graces of a companion or love interest)

A teleportation blasters that warps the target away to some 100% random place. be that the room next door, the a holding cell in the police precinct, or just in some other random place on the map. from anywhere in the city, to the badlands, or even the middle on the ocean.

and las bun not least A Shrink Ray, that works pretty much like in Duke Nukem, but if you don't want to kill people maybe there could be some kind of grab mechanic that lets you pick them up and do other things with them?... something none-lethal?

all these items would run on the same ammo, and that ammo would be VERY expensive, so players would have to use these items sparingly..

Thoughts? suggestions?

Couple issues.

1) Generally DLC’s need to be in the players face a bit. Who wants to buy (unless it’s free) some content, and then only have access to it for a limited time.

2) The rewards aren’t really consistent with the tone of Cyberpunk 2077. I don’t think CDPR would implement weapons such as those. They seem very cartoonish.

maybe have the phone call come through when the dlc is downloaded, and it leads you to the cabin.

the rewards could be changed to end-game weapons, augments, or vehicles that CDPR wasn’t able to get in the final cut of the game on the first go-around.

The freeze ray you described is basically already in the game. There are special types of ammo that will let you freeze or set enemies on fire.

Other than that, you're basically suggesting gimmicky weapons that sound like mods, and fetch quests. I don't think this will go over well in a DLC...

Couple issues.

1) Generally DLC’s need to be in the players face a bit. Who wants to buy (unless it’s free) some content, and then only have access to it for a limited time.

maybe have the phone call come through when the dlc is downloaded, and it leads you to the cabin.
You misunderstood. its not a limited time.
You can miss the phone call, but that window would open up again at the same time every in game day.

Also, this is a small free DLC idea meant to be more like an Easter Egg for anyone that's willing to explore.

Video games are grossly dumbed down anymore. Not to sound like an old man, but back in my day, you had to pay attention to the details of the quest/mission, search for things, and think critically.

Modern day quest/missions are so boring.
Example of a quest in a modern game:
1. they tell you "Go kill guy."
2. then put an indicator on your compass(So you magically know which way he is at all times).
3. they put a trail leading to the target on your mini-map.
4. they put a big glowing arrow over the guys head when you get there, so you know to "KILL THIS ONE!"

Its broken down and made so overly simple, so that even the smoothest of smooth-brains cant possible mess it up.
At that point, it stops being a game and starts feeling like a paint by numbers coloring book..

That lack of hand holding, is one of the reasons why I'm drawn to Cyberpunk 2077... The devs created a mission structure that allows for people to use their brains. there's so many options for approaching a situation and having things play out in so many different ways.
Like the devs know we can think and aren't just drooling idiots.. I LOVE IT!

2) The rewards aren’t really consistent with the tone of Cyberpunk 2077. I don’t think CDPR would implement weapons such as those. They seem very cartoonish.

the rewards could be changed to end-game weapons, augments, or vehicles that CDPR wasn’t able to get in the final cut of the game on the first go-around.

The freeze ray you described is basically already in the game. There are special types of ammo that will let you freeze or set enemies on fire.

Other than that, you're basically suggesting gimmicky weapons that sound like mods, and fetch quests. I don't think this will go over well in a DLC...

the fact that they're fantastical weapons is kind of the point. I didn't go into much detail about what the missions should be aside from saying that they should be strange and that they should be "Fetch Quest"(get something, and bring it back here)...

What you have to get, where it can be found, and what/how many hoops you have to jump through to get it, are all what decides how fun or interesting a quest is..
If you have to receive a pepper shaker from Jamie's Diner, then yeah, that's gonna be boring AF.
But having to recover some kind of alien Gaboo from Aria 51?... That's a bit more interesting, aint it?

Hell, maybe the shrink ray's fetch quest is to actually go and receive a person. You have to sneak into their penthouse, shrink them, and slip back out with them in your pocket making a bunch of conspicuous noises(making you way more noticeable to guards). and if things go sideways and people start attacking you, then every time you get hit there's a chance your captive may die.
That's technically still a fetch quest as you're going some place, getting something, and bringing it back.

The missions and the "Gimmicky" items they give you are supposed to be a break from the norm. not just watered down and boring.. lol

Last edited:
it would be cool to have DLCs that will add some of the missing features like mini games ,car/apartment customization ,a new playstyle and since they have said that the quality will be on par if not better than HS/B&W a new area will be absolutely amazing.

You misunderstood. its not a limited time.
You can miss the phone call, but that window would open up again at the same time every in game day.

And so you’re stuck waiting 3 hours in real time for the call to come back. And depending on how CDPR implements a “meditation” system, we might need to backtrack to the apartment and try again. Very tedious.

Also, this is a small free DLC idea meant to be more like an Easter Egg for anyone that's willing to explore.

I’d rather see CDPR work on dlc that amounts to more than an Easter egg.

Video games are grossly dumbed down anymore. Not to sound like an old man, but back in my day, you had to pay attention to the details of the quest/mission, search for things, and think critically.

Modern day quest/missions are so boring.
Example of a quest in a modern game:
1. they tell you "Go kill guy."
2. then put an indicator on your compass(So you magically know which way he is at all times).
3. they put a trail leading to the target on your mini-map.
4. they put a big glowing arrow over the guys head when you get there, so you know to "KILL THIS ONE!"

Its broken down and made so overly simple, so that even the smoothest of smooth-brains cant possible mess it up.
At that point, it stops being a game and starts feeling like a paint by numbers coloring book..

Video games have become more mainstream, and they appeal to a wider audience. The reason for all the indicators is so people don’t spend all their time looking for a place instead of enjoying what the developers intended for the player to experience.

if you don’t want the waypoints and indicators then turn them off. Nearly all rpgs have that option. It’s pretty disingenuous of you to assume that the hand holding can’t be turned off.

Most open world games let you deal with the quest in multiple ways. As much as I like CDPR, they aren’t a pioneer in that.

the fact that they're fantastical weapons is kind of the point. I didn't go into much detail about what the missions should be aside from saying that they should be strange and that they should be "Fetch Quest"(get something, and bring it back here)...

The missions and the "Gimmicky" items they give you are supposed to be a break from the norm. not just watered down and boring.. lol

These fantastical weapons don’t fit in the lore of the game. I have a feeling this game is going to take itself seriously. Meaning nothing will be in it that goes against the source material. Freeze rays, shrink rays, teleporter rays, and love rays definitely go against the source material.

I get that you’ve had this idea for something like 15 years, but it’s a bad fit for Cyberpunk 2077. It clashes with the lore which hurts the story telling aspect that CDPR worked so hard on.

In something like saints row or gta or any game that leans more towards a sand box than a story would be more fitting for this. But it’s a bad idea for Cyberpunk 2077.

You could just be a man and own up to the fact that you don't like the idea. you're allowed to not like it. you don't have to bend backwards making excuses for why... lol

But i'm bored anyway, so I'll go ahead and burn each of your poorly constructed strawmen..

And so you’re stuck waiting 3 hours in real time for the call to come back. And depending on how CDPR implements a “meditation” system, we might need to backtrack to the apartment and try again. Very tedious.
Minor knit-picking, Well f**k me then, I'm convinced.. XD

I’d rather see CDPR work on dlc that amounts to more than an Easter egg.
Some body didn't read the Disclaimer in my original post.
Rowlix said:
[DISCLAIMER: This thread is all in fun. any and all Poo Pooing comments that say cliché crap like "That would be a waste of resources." will be ignored. Have some imagination, and let people have some fun]

Video games have become more mainstream, and they appeal to a wider audience. The reason for all the indicators is so people don’t spend all their time looking for a place instead of enjoying what the developers intended for the player to experience.
You mean using their brains, thinking, and figuring things out?.... People that don't like THINKING in their RPGs should probably be playing CoD, or one of 2K's annual sports games reskins..

if you don’t want the waypoints and indicators then turn them off. Nearly all rpgs have that option. It’s pretty disingenuous of you to assume that the hand holding can’t be turned off.
It’s pretty disingenuous of you to accuse me of being disingenuous..
Why you trying so hard?

Most open world games let you deal with the quest in multiple ways. As much as I like CDPR, they aren’t a pioneer in that.
Now who's being disingenuous? we both know that CDPR didn't invent it, but it's not as common as you seem to be trying to imply..

These fantastical weapons don’t fit in the lore of the game. I have a feeling this game is going to take itself seriously. Meaning nothing will be in it that goes against the source material. Freeze rays, shrink rays, teleporter rays, and love rays definitely go against the source material.

I get that you’ve had this idea for something like 15 years, but it’s a bad fit for Cyberpunk 2077. It clashes with the lore which hurts the story telling aspect that CDPR worked so hard on.

In something like saints row or gta or any game that leans more towards a sand box than a story would be more fitting for this. But it’s a bad idea for Cyberpunk 2077.
I sure would hate to see someone mix a dash of 'conventional sci-fi' into my 'dystopian sci-fi'... they're so different after all... lol

The idea of those types of gadgets existing in the Cyberpunk universe is only unbelievable to you because you are choosing not to believe it..
As was stated before. a "freeze ray" is already in the game, so did CDPR just ruin the game? lol

[...] The idea of something like a shrink ray existing in a lab somewhere in the Cyberpunk universe isn't so unfathomable in a world with flying cars, smart guns, cyber limbs/full borgs, and mega corps literally nuking each other in the middle of a city...

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Personal attacks, rudeness, ridiculing others, and the like are not welcome here. Please make sure to, and I quote the forum rules, always treat others with kindness and respect.

You could just be a man and own up to the fact that you don't like the idea. you're allowed to not like it. you don't have to bend backwards making excuses for why... lol

But i'm bored anyway, so I'll go ahead and burn each of your poorly constructed strawmen..

Minor knit-picking, Well f**k me then, I'm convinced.. XD

Some body didn't read the Disclaimer in my original post.

You mean using their brains, thinking, and figuring things out?.... People that don't like THINKING in their RPGs should probably be playing CoD, or one of 2K's annual sports games reskins..

It’s pretty disingenuous of you to accuse me of being disingenuous..
Why you trying so hard?

Now who's being disingenuous? we both know that CDPR didn't invent it, but it's not as common as you seem to be trying to imply..

I sure would hate to see someone mix a dash of 'conventional sci-fi' into my 'dystopian sci-fi'... they're so different after all... lol

The idea of those types of gadgets existing in the Cyberpunk universe is only unbelievable to you because you are choosing not to believe it..
As was stated before. a "freeze ray" is already in the game, so did CDPR just ruin the game? lol

[...] The idea of something like a shrink ray existing in a lab somewhere in the Cyberpunk universe isn't so unfathomable in a world with flying cars, smart guns, cyber limbs/full borgs, and mega corps literally nuking each other in the middle of a city...

[...]

Fine. It’s an absolute shit idea. I was giving you constructive criticism to make it less shitty.

1) Seems like a pretty core idea of yours to have the “mysterious phone call at a certain location at a certain time” dogshit mechanic for any video game.

2) your disclaimer doesn’t mean anything lol. This is a forum meant to discuss ideas. If your idea can’t stand up to scrutiny it’s a bad idea.

3) it’s not hard to THINK about where to go. Waypoints just make it quicker for navigation.

4) Don’t throw a tantrum because you don’t bother looking at options and toggles on games.

5) Deus Ex, Assassins Creed, Fallout, GTA, the Elder Scrolls, and a plethora of others.

6) Yeah I want the 60’s style “ray guns” to stay the fuck away from modern cyberpunk games. They have no place.

Sure, cryo bullets are in the game making any type of “freeze-ray” redundant. Love, teleportation, and shrink rays though? Ridiculous.

You’re more than welcome to dive into the source books to try and prove me wrong with this asinine idea of yours.

If there isn't an area like this already, I would LOVE some kind of abandoned undercity full of mutants and chuds. They could go full on horror with it.

How about the subway system that got cut as a DLC? Huh? Huh?

Anyone? No one?

Fine it stays cut.

b45ef85bb2226f4fa19964884a604c3d0a36930e_00.gif

In all seriousness; they seem to be doing something special with their environments in this game, so anything that adds more places to explore would be something i'd love to see.

A really large subway system... erm, i mean sewer system perhaps? something subterranean?

A terraforming DLC?

Several posts deleted. If you cannot be civil then do not post.

Tempted to just lock the thread, considering the OP's attitude, but I'll give it one more chance...

My DLC ideas are:
  • MOD SUPPORT
  • Working subway with moving trains that you can board and travel in seamlessly.
  • Add a bunch of tunnels and underground areas to increase the verticality of the city even more.
  • Corrosive ammo type that does more dmg to vehicles and robots. (Maybe this already exists)
  • Add a flamethrower weapon if it doesn't already exist.
  • Control-like physics cyberware weapon.
  • More base vehicles.
  • Purchasable houses inside and outside of the city.
  • Player-controllable Flying vehicles.
  • Player-controllable Aquatic vehicles.
  • Hireable companions or robots (like flathead) that assist in combat.
  • More skills / abilities, specifically wall-running with mantis blades.
  • More classes that you can spec into.
Those are just the ones that I can think of without playing the game first. Maybe some of them are already in the game, and others are maybe good enough. I'll have a better list in mind after I get to play the game. Also would be nice to get a native linux release.

Story driven DLC with your romance option character, deepen V's relationship on action mission like only CDPR can produce.

1). Mod support. That will keep your game fresh and selling for decades with very little intervention or over head

2). A expansion on in game activities to flesh the world out. Make the restaurants and clubs and doll houses accessible through out the world. I figured with the last gen consoles we would see a bit taken off the top but it would be cool to see the option to add it back with a Content Pack

3). (kind of a cont. of 2) I was really bummed to see the combat drugs and hell the recreational favors as well, from cigarettes to MDMA(lol) or something in between. add to that club party thing.

4). maybe a full DLC with a new area of Cali or hell Reno! I heard a Noman talking about there supply's being stuck outside Reno....just sayin lol.

Just keep making Games for the forks who love 'em not just for shareholders and you will keep killin it.
thanks for another awesome "game of art"

My idea is to make sidequest which will be at least witcher 3 standard of storytelling, i spend 3 days on "cleaning" map from this question marks and 80% was boring ubisoft style gameplay, if there wasn't some effort in things like main story and interesting city with amazing cyberpunk visual - people will think about it as some mediocre watch dogs bullsh*t or any title that ubisoft making since 2013.
Ubisoft is a golden standart stupid games with zero intelligence at making plot, sidemissions, even main story mission in every ubi game try to show same thing you did 10-20 hours but with more "intense", with some "family kind drama", do you know who else tried to copy that style of gameplay?Hangar 13 with they big project with big past as Mafia 3, Mafia had interesting prologue but nothing more than that, they build main gameplay on repeating same "capture the blockpost" thing ubisoft thought as genius gameplay feature, i'm sorry that my english is soooo pain for eyes to read but i hope you get the idea, i wish someone from CDPR really read this poorly written opinion, i like cyberpunk 2077 and not regret that i preorder it, i wish, really wish that you will never rely on ubi style ever again, they betrayed game industry as some nasty parasite should do to live like a cockroach or worse, they even steal your gameplay style of witcher 3 and you know that, everyone know that but they can't steal your talent workers CDPR because of ubi's lack of brain, get your rest, fix problems, add new amazing content, add features that was under a knife because of deadlines, Night City should breathe and knock out every rival, i don't want to be dissapointed by you.
Eh, sad that cdpr will never actually read this just to get some inspire or motivation in making things that will "change the game" of entire videogame industry, people tired of "froggy taste" in Every. Single. Game. Who else could save industry from stagnation, take it in your hands and you will success, i and not only i believe in you CDPR.

Attachments

• Shia_LaBeouf__Just_Do_It__Motivational_Speech_(Original_Video_by_LaBeouf__Rönkkö___Turner)_0-4...png
    Shia_LaBeouf__Just_Do_It__Motivational_Speech_(Original_Video_by_LaBeouf__Rönkkö___Turner)_0-4...png
    591.7 KB · Views: 44
OUT OF NECESSITY to improve the game experiences & interactablitiy, I propose this short "feature-like" DLCs instead:
+ MAKE OVER SHOPS: for opening character customization again & also provide some additional customizations (like a colored skins & implants, more hairstyles, more cyberware designs, more face & body tattoos, etc)

+ JOYTOY SHOPS: There is no actual interactable "brothel-like" places & in this game you only have max 4 joytoys to "romance" in the game (not main chars romances). This very low numbers is like a crime for a CDPR & Cyberpunk genre game imo, especially that have such explicit sex ads & environment in the game. I can't believe that Witcher games has more sex contents than actual Cyberpunk game ...

+ TRANSMOG/VANITY SYSTEM: regardles if you can see your V or not in FPP, this game really need a transmog system badly. A great examples to this would be the trasnmog & crafting system from NioH & MHW games.

+ MEMORIES MISSIONS WITH JACKIE: I want that 5-6 months crime-life montage in the prologue to be actual game experience for players. Based on the footage itself, we could at least have 7-8 missions from V living together in Jackie's home (Mama Welles introduction) to V finally have enough money to afford a new car & a new apartment room. i don't even mind if it's more of non open world short levels like Johnny Silverhand's memories. JACKIE DESERVED MORE!
Here's the montage footage:

+ NEW CYBERWARE ARMS TYPES: for this case I propose some ideas...
- "Akimbo" arms: basically this cyberware will provide dual wielding system for V with the stability & auto speed loader for the guns, "Wolfeinstein" style. the guns that is being use will be weapons from slot 1 & slot 2.

- "Shielder" arms: As the name suggest, the arms provide a full mobile retractable shield while you can use a handgun, SMGs, & one handed melee weapons with other hand. The advantages of these cyberware, you can use your weapons & blocking simultaneously.

- "Torretta" arms: basically this cyberware arms will feature a mobile turret gun system for V. the "gun" being used for the mobile turret would be weapon slot 2.

- "Familiar" arms: the name "familiar" basically cyberware that will feature a detachable arm turn spider-bot for techie/stealth/netrunner builds. The spider-bot acts as your additional partner & can use melee attacks

- "Hooker" arms: pun name aside, its basically an arms that feature grappling hook system

- "Rocket" arms: MGSV style Rocket "arms" (yes, both hands as full guided rocket). THIS REALLY SHOULD BE A THING LOL

My DLC or expansion...

- girlfriend to V :3 (in my case) with multiple functions in game and dialogs :D like... 'babye, you need a coffee?' or or, 'hey, amore, I'm slightly pregnant' (XD);
- Fly cars :D
- Smart police LOL
- more apartments :3
- more cloth's
- 'randomic mission generator' (a challenge to devs - IF dont have yet)
- randomic events :D (another challenge to devs - IF dont have)
- calm, CALM, music :B
- job rotine (wait...)

And, of corse, a history to tell :)

I think this Status of game. very hard too make DLC or mod game not stable and mod or DLC make game use more resource

If is true resource is game problem. They cut a lot of thing to make lowest using resource.

Top Bottom