DLC: New characters or more content with existing ones?

+

DLC: New characters or more content with existing ones?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I honestly prefer DLC that expands the game regardless of the finish of the main story (like Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine). "Filling in the gaps" DLC doesn't appeal to me as much as expanding the game, and adding on to what can happen.

Whilst I would enjoy doing more with Jackie, helping and hanging out with Judy, Panam, and Viktor and all that, but it would just be me either starting over and pretending I don't know the inevitable story conclusion for these characters anyway including Jackie and V, but hey here's a couple more missions with your buddies. :facepalm:

Nah, give us some fresh concepts, new characters, new story where no one is in my head and making me sick and killing me, stalking and having commentary on almost everything I do.
Your comment gave me an idea based on what you said that we know the inevitable conclusion.

I gotta ask if people are willing to entertain the following:

What if at the point of no return where you are going to go meet Hanako there is a separate main questline introduced with an entirely new set of endings? Where you would lock yourself on that path if you choose to go that route instead of Hanako.
I feel this could be a way to expand on what is already in the main story in terms of endings.

Am curious as to what people feel about this? Is it worth its own thread? Worth advocating for?

I'd like a second Heist.

I'd like the Heist to have Panam, River, Judy, and Kerry working with you.

I think that would be fucking HILARIOUS.

Judy is the Tech Support, Panam and River are the muscle, and Kerry is just there to be an enormous distraction.

I didn't know I needed this in my life, but I do!

Whole quest should be structured like the most cliché heist movie.

Your comment gave me an idea based on what you said that we know the inevitable conclusion.

What if at the point of no return where you are going to go meet Hanako there is a separate main questline introduced with an entirely new set of endings? Where you would lock yourself on that path if you choose to go that route instead of Hanako.
I feel this could be a way to expand on what is already in the main story in terms of endings.

Am curious as to what people feel about this? Is it worth its own thread? Worth advocating for?

I'd be fine with this, in fact, I'd like to see it.

There is a very clear ending missing from this game - and it's a shame it isn't available if you meet a set of criteria.

Need to flesh out the current characters more, Witcher 3 comparison here is not valid because almost all the characters you meet in The Wild Hunt are returning ones from previous games.

Need to flesh out the current characters more, Witcher 3 comparison here is not valid because almost all the characters you meet in The Wild Hunt are returning ones from previous games.

More or less. There are quite a few central characters that made their (game) debut in W3.
Yennefer, Ciri and Emhyr to name a few.

They're mentioned before, sure and if you've read books, they are familiar. But still.

Really?
Hell yeah! They can even expand on the endings like "a new beginning" DLC where the new DLC questline starts differently depending on the players vanilla ending. A time jump and maybe a slightly different Night City, returning characters, new characters, more romance, and a new perspective based on the legend of V or........ maybe V is revitalized.

It's definitely something to think and talk about.

I honestly prefer DLC that expands the game regardless of the finish of the main story (like Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine). "Filling in the gaps" DLC doesn't appeal to me as much as expanding the game, and adding on to what can happen.

Whilst I would enjoy doing more with Jackie, helping and hanging out with Judy, Panam, and Viktor and all that, but it would just be me either starting over and pretending I don't know the inevitable story conclusion for these characters anyway including Jackie and V, but hey here's a couple more missions with your buddies. :facepalm:

Nah, give us some fresh concepts, new characters, new story where no one is in my head and making me sick and killing me, stalking and having commentary on almost everything I do.

Yeah this is what is bothering me too and making it difficult for me to decide on what kind of dlc I'd go for.

I mean I'll probably play it still if it had Jackie in because .. well .... Jackie! But still I'm not sure it would have the same impact for me now that I know the outcomes for these characters.

I also feel like we will still get a playable version of that montage too, some day. So it is frustrating to have it all technically spoilt already.

Maybe if it was given to us for free I'd more willing to accept this kind of dlc, otherwise yes I'll have to agree give us new characters!

Either that or change the story somehow, though I doubt they will actually do that but who knows?...

What would you want to see in the first DLC?

Something like Hearts of Stone where the main character is spending most of their time with newly introduced characters?

Or would you want characters that already have close ties to V - like Vic, Judy, Panam, River, Kerry, ect - to have prominent roles in the DLC's quests instead?

The main characters could stand to have some more quest lines added. They're like main characters in a TV show, you probably want more episodes with them. Though new characters would be welcome too.

I want more interaction with existing characters, particularly romantic interests. Once you get into a relationship with someone, you have zero ability to continue to date them. After going diving with Judy, you can talk to her in her apartment once while standing at the window, and... that's it? Seriously??? How about some dates? How about more than one set of vidphone dialog options? How about some missions where you can get together with several of your friends at once? If you're in a relationship with both Judy and River, or both Panam and Kerry, how about the possibility for some interactions between them? (Including a poly option for those who want it. The scene where Triss and Yennifer tease a threesome in TW3 was funny, but there are people who are cool with not being monogamous.)

More missions where you work with your friends would also definitely be welcome. The game starts out with you partnered with Jackie, teasing future cooperative missions, but then there's only a handful of missions like that throughout the rest of the game, mostly during questlines with possible romantic interests. Having a bit more interaction with your partner during such missions would also be nice.

I was disappointed that your romance option fell off the map after there romance arc was done . I hope the dlc will add more content with the current romance options as well as adding the option to hang out with them outside of missions like going for beer, pool, dancing and darts maybe introduce V's romance option to v's closest friends like Mama Wells Vic and, misty maybe get all the V's friends to come over for a b.b.q as well as adding the option to take your romance option out on repeatable dates and calling for booty calls every few real hours in game If the dev's added stuff like this I would happy and grateful It would also be awesome If V[ not Jonny ] could romance Rouge

I would want to see a story of "Something happens (for example Vik dies) and then that opens a story". I don't want Vik to do for but I was just spit balling lol

i wanna see some brain dance videogame thing in this game...
like use the same mechanism but forge like replayable mission. would be great that some replayable mission isnt just go to help those faction with some side-gig but in sort of VR set that use braindance to play videogame, in videogame. haha

we had already seem some thing in the River's rescue mission but something more exciting and collectable.
or just some videogame shop in the city that sells hack and rent pew-pew-pew VR shit
Post automatically merged:

well there is a side-gig with that bartender in where jack's mom works.
quote 'i think my wife cheat on me'

i wanna see some brain dance videogame thing in this game...
like use the same mechanism but forge like replayable mission. would be great that some replayable mission isnt just go to help those faction with some side-gig but in sort of VR set that use braindance to play videogame, in videogame. haha

we had already seem some thing in the River's rescue mission but something more exciting and collectable.
or just some videogame shop in the city that sells hack and rent pew-pew-pew VR shit
Post automatically merged:

well there is a side-gig with that bartender in where jack's mom works.
quote 'i think my wife cheat on me'
Pepe? He is a loser! With that name he essentially begs to be cuckold!

Takemura
Mama welles
Jackie
Tbug
Viktor
Misty
Rogue
all these characters need to have their own side quest and its quite disappointing that they dont have any

I hate gigs system in Cyberpunk. It really feels like a Ubisoft game in Gigs. You don't even talk to NPCs in those quests. Instead Fixers serve as quick exposition dumps.
So I needWitcher 3 like quests where Fixers are absolutely not involved.
i strongly agree ,it quite baffles me to see how they hyped up quests just for the overwhelming majority of them to be nothing but ubisoft tier copy and paste BS oh dont forget about the shards ,everyfucking where a shard is thrown ,i honestly even prefer treasure hunts from the witcher 3 over most of the gigs in the game

i strongly agree ,it quite baffles me to see how they hyped up quests just for the overwhelming majority of them to be nothing but ubisoft tier copy and paste BS oh dont forget about the shards ,everyfucking where a shard is thrown ,i honestly even prefer treasure hunts from the witcher 3 over most of the gigs in the game
Yeah... I personally feel like shard and any situation where game relies heavily on written exposition is just a bad choice.
THey did a much better job at exposition and lore with the radio commentaries and news flashes in the elevator TVs.

Honestly I'd like more immersion not solely connected with short-term 'friends' you make along the way and definitely more character/weapon customization(s) would be a big plus. If you play all three ...uhh...Vs ie, Corpo, Street Kid and Nomad, the choices seem almost endless to me which is awesome depending on which route you take. To have this or not have this(?) (Am I making ANY sense?) Instead of wibble-wobbling through a cemented story arc, your choices give you the option(s) to invest more time on said path which is great. I don't know. I am looking for more depth. On what, exactly, I just don't know for sure. Yet I feel something is missing besides the obvious. More romance options would be wonderful as well.

Top Bottom