DLC Prevents Offline Play (PS4)

+
DLC Prevents Offline Play (PS4)

Greetings and salutations, yesterday I found myself without internet access (ISP problem) and I thought since I couldn't work or do homework I would get some witching time in. Much to my dismay I found I could not play offline. When I attempted to load my save I was given a message along the lines of "You do not have the necessary DLC installed to load this save" which then listed all the DLC (Beard, Yennefer look, Miner Contract, etc.) that has been released so far and that I had previously installed! Today my internet connection was restored, so I booted up the game and was able to load as usual. I then disabled internet access on my PS4 and again successfully loaded my save.

So I guess my question is, why could I not load the first time my internet went out, but I could the second time when I manually disabled my connection? The game and my PS4 don't know the reason they don't have a connection so it shouldn't matter, and yet it did. My internet rarely goes down but if it happens again I want to be able to play. If anyone else has seen this or has a good idea of what happened please share.

Cheers.

P.S. Loving the game so far, no game/quest breaking bugs/glitches yet, just good fun

I don't think there's anything CD RED can do about that. This is just how Sony online policies and PSN DRM functions. PC end through GOG this is not the case of course.

Last edited:
Just now realized, I do game sharing with my little bro, so the PS4 I play on is actually his primary and his is mine. That is probably where the problem is coming from because I think you need to "check in" every so often with the PSN when not playing on your primary PS4.

Top Bottom