DLC: What do you prefer? The poll. ! ENDING SPOILERS !

+

What kind of story do you hope to see in DLC?

• Continuation of V's story. Hope he/she survives (finds a cure/way out of cyberspace)

• Prequel to V's story. Events before meeting Johnny

• Prequel to Johnny's story. Events before meeting V

• Additional story within the main game, after meeting Johnny and before infiltrating Mikoshi

• A story not related to V or Johnny. Quest about a new hero or some of V's friends

Results are only viewable after voting.
I want to be able to play after my Arasaka (back to earth) ending. I want to find a cure and I want to romance Takemura and go to Japan with him.

84% for the one that is not going to happen

You might be right

there are way too many different outcomes after the main story
But there are literally just two outcomes for V, dying body or cyberspace. Not harder to reconcile the the lifepaths in the prologue.

After the endings, retcons are no problem anymore, because the integrity of the lore and story are already compromised.

Not necessarily, if Alt and Hellman are lying or being purposefully literal and their motives are made evident.

But there are literally just two outcomes for V, dying body or cyberspace. Not harder to reconcile the the lifepaths in the prologue.

Not quite;
Cyberspace can be integrated with Alt or in Mikoshi.
Dying can be on space station / return to night city or on the road (pretty conclusively taking one last look at Night City that one too)
Or outright dead.
Not to mention the variations on other characters as well.

I get that people really want their V post ending, but canonising an ending or retconning EVERYTHING is really the only way to go. The stories genuinely felt that they wrapped up with enough openness for the player to headcanon what they want. As well as the fact that undoing that choice for post game effectively removed the biggest (only) world state changer the game gives us. People are already unhappy there isn't more choice /consequence - undoing the only major one would be ... brave.

Optimism is awesome, but false hope just sets people up for failed expectations.....again...

Unless they've got one major ace up their sleeve - they dun goofed.

84% for the one that is not going to happen
there are way too many different outcomes after the main story
But on the more serious not, any DLC would require do a retcon. From story POV, Watson is closed in Act 1, in Act 2 you are fighting against time, plus they would need to have more Johnny lines and MoCaps.

Not to mention that from what I saw here and on Reddit people mostly bought those endings as nothing more than cliffhangers

It would still be a retcon of the retcon and story telling on the level of a 4th grader.
You could technically write an expansion same way as the main story

- lifepath of ALT auxiliary overwrites the mind of a fried Netwatch agent, complete with chargen
- lifepath of Afterlife merc brings up details for their one last and greatest contract
- lifepath of Arasaka corpo gets a call about a possible cure for their condition
- lifepath of Aldecaldo gets a lead from an Aldecaldo contact
- lifepath of Mikoshi construct gets either woken up or recovered after suicide and brainwashed, loaded into a body of an inefficient employee (suicide) or a comatose troubleshooter agent (Hellman's contract) and sent on an Arasaka mission

Johnny if not deleted can turn up for a mission, either as an ALT auxiliary or V

You could technically write an expansion same way as the main story

- lifepath of ALT auxiliary overwrites the mind of a fried Netwatch agent, complete with chargen
- lifepath of Afterlife merc brings up details for their one last and greatest contract
- lifepath of Arasaka corpo gets a call about a possible cure for their condition
- lifepath of Aldecaldo gets a lead from an Aldecaldo contact
- lifepath of Mikoshi construct gets either woken up or recovered after suicide and brainwashed, loaded into a body of an inefficient employee (suicide) or a comatose troubleshooter agent (Hellman's contract) and sent on an Arasaka mission

Johnny if not deleted can turn up for a mission, either as an ALT auxiliary or V
That's basically the only way. 30 minute prequel and then the real dlc starts.

I would nonetheless exclude the default arasaka endings for the reasons I mentioned before.

Btw if Alt could simply overwrite a person with an engram, she would not be in the net anymore.

Seriously, has no one noticed the preponderance of dark open ended stories in Sci Fi before now? You didn't get to find out if Deckard really has his happily ever after, Takeshi Kovacs wanders off in search of his happy ending (bad example cause AC did get a 'DLC' for him) the examples could go on and on.

I'm not totally convinced the V story isn't finished as is. Free DLC may get more options for changing looks or maybe an added skill tree/attribute updates. There might be a few sidequests to fill out the experience more, a level cap increase & NewGame+. The big Expansions will probably add a couple more major story plots, maybe a new Lifepath or two that could extend the total game a bit.

But, if CDPR's track record is to be considered, the W3s expansions, changed nothing in the main story. The first one was a drop in for mid-to-late game content and the B&W expansion gave the player a chance to tack onto the end of the story if they wanted a nice conclusion to the Geralt tale. But you COULD play both expansions before ending the MAIN story doing so had no impact, no effect on the overall game ending.

I hope I am wrong but, the tried and true methods are usually the easiest to implement...and the ones companies tend to gravitate towards.

I hope we can get a DLC/expansion for the Nomad ending where we can with Panam and the other Aldecaldos find a cure for V in AZ :LOL: . Oh, Btw, I only said Panam because it's my favourite character and because I played with male V but of course for the ones who played with female V it would be amazing to also have Judy by our side too since she goes with you to AZ too and it seems a lot of people also loved her as well.

T
Seriously, has no one noticed the preponderance of dark open ended stories in Sci Fi before now? You didn't get to find out if Deckard really has his happily ever after, Takeshi Kovacs wanders off in search of his happy ending (bad example cause AC did get a 'DLC' for him) the examples could go on and on.

I'm not totally convinced the V story isn't finished as is. Free DLC may get more options for changing looks or maybe an added skill tree/attribute updates. There might be a few sidequests to fill out the experience more, a level cap increase & NewGame+. The big Expansions will probably add a couple more major story plots, maybe a new Lifepath or two that could extend the total game a bit.

But, if CDPR's track record is to be considered, the W3s expansions, changed nothing in the main story. The first one was a drop in for mid-to-late game content and the B&W expansion gave the player a chance to tack onto the end of the story if they wanted a nice conclusion to the Geralt tale. But you COULD play both expansions before ending the MAIN story doing so had no impact, no effect on the overall game ending.

I hope I am wrong but, the tried and true methods are usually the easiest to implement...and the ones companies tend to gravitate towards.
TW3 was undisputed hit, this is a train wreck.

They literally traded their “10 years of hard workl” reputation for this game.

It will need more than hotfixes, patches and 2 mid game dlc.

The way the whole beginning of the game is cut out and replaced with a single cut scene needs to be addressed with a full character development before the main events with Johnny.

One has to wonder whether that was originally part of the game adding at least 20 hours of main story line, before huge cuts were made to the whole game to make the release date.

It would still be a retcon of the retcon and story telling on the level of a 4th grader.

Don't two retcons cancel each other out? :smart:
I see your point, it's just the best options for me all things considered

Not quite;
Cyberspace can be integrated with Alt or in Mikoshi.
Dying can be on space station / return to night city or on the road (pretty conclusively taking one last look at Night City that one too)
Or outright dead.
Not to mention the variations on other characters as well.

The 6 months ending can very easily converge in a single mission with just a phone call/message about a lead. The Mikoshi/Cyberspace is tougher, and V would need a new body. Suicide would definitely have to be retconned or made non canon if you choose to play the DLC.

In any case, I voted "post ending DLC/continuation of V's story" but I would also be interested in a DLC about Jackie and V starting out as mercs, more Johnny content and additional stuff in general (more interactions with other characters, visible cyberware, NC activities, apartment customization and so on), my interest just depends a lot on how things end for V because she's my favourite character.

I want a conclusion of V's story. Dying or surviving is not a problem for me. But this unsure, maybe stance the endings took is why I hate the endings. Because all it is, is sequel/DLC bait. It's like we're thinking about the next game. Please finish your story properly. But I also want DLC that is basically the 6 month gap. Because all that intro to characters lost. Totally messed up the story.

Don't two retcons cancel each other out? :smart:
I see your point, it's just the best options for me all things considered

The 6 months ending can very easily converge in a single mission with just a phone call/message about a lead. The Mikoshi/Cyberspace is tougher, and V would need a new body. Suicide would definitely have to be retconned or made non canon if you choose to play the DLC.

In any case, I voted "post ending DLC/continuation of V's story" but I would also be interested in a DLC about Jackie and V starting out as mercs, more Johnny content and additional stuff in general (more interactions with other characters, visible cyberware, NC activities, apartment customization and so on), my interest just depends a lot on how things end for V because she's my favourite character.
Why? Living endings - one mission about finding cure
Mikoshi/Blackwall - character creator for those who want or newcomers.
How? They have writers to make some plausible explanation. It can’t go more bad than with DNA plot cancer.

Then converge all endings into one world stage (Arasaka had a Mikoshi backup, Hanako went into hiding gather forces and defeat Yori, on Arasaka endings Alt plant a Trojan in V and once connected she do hers magic).

You start either as
- freelancer/street kid (Going solo)
- nomad (siding with Nomads
- corpo (siding with Arasaka)

Welcome to the act 4.

Honestly, I don't think there's nearly as much cut content as people think.
It depends on who.
I think it realy cut much, but most of the ending is planed.
There are only two ending which is add to matching the story been cut.
One is the divel-ending which I believe was part of main story, another is the hidden ending which is obviously rushed.
The world is almost completed, side mission and gigs have been done either.
So I believe they just cut the story part which is build in parallel, because they failed to finish it in time.
I can see the writter is still good and skilled, I don't believe they would let the story we seen now come out.
It's almost humiliating.
I'm not saying there is no living ending, I'm saying the story structure.
Although living ending is important, but it should be a problem which would cause their manager headache. And a competent manager should force them to add one, because whatever they want now, they will add it in the end. Look at the vote, FO3 have a dead ending and they dig him up from the grave at DLC.

Last edited:
Honestly, I don't think there's nearly as much cut content as people think.
There's a lot of story errors and inproper use of the time jump to "explain characters". Padre only makes sense with the street kid intro. He does not work with the other two. He just pops up, and you know him. 6 month jump showcased Vik and other characters. As a way to try to introduce them. But Padre: Oh hi guy I never met that I'm talking to. In a barley established friends funeral. And all the lifepath's should have had ways to influence all the main endings.

Ex: Corpo LP, Hanako ending, Mikoshi choice. I'm going into your machine. But you have a year. I got dirt on your company Hanako. That will be released by various people. And they will screw your company over. If you don't actually honor our deal. Because I know your lying. Make a new Relic chip and put me back into my head. This still leaves the abiguious ending they wanted to do. But screws Arasaka. So that their ending doesn't feel 100% they won, and we got all fucked. Because I would have been recording the Yorinobu moment with the BD machine.

Corpo, Hanako ending, Takemura survives, leaving choice. Takemura, you're going back to the devil? I respected you for what you did. These people can't be trusted. They, like many others have used you. And you crawl back. Just like that. Leave with me. If you hit the right dialog during his story. He will join you, or won't. That is the type of choices I had expected with LP's.

Last edited:
Top Bottom