DLC: What do you prefer? The poll. ! ENDING SPOILERS !

+

What kind of story do you hope to see in DLC?

• Continuation of V's story. Hope he/she survives (finds a cure/way out of cyberspace)

• Prequel to V's story. Events before meeting Johnny

• Prequel to Johnny's story. Events before meeting V

• Additional story within the main game, after meeting Johnny and before infiltrating Mikoshi

• A story not related to V or Johnny. Quest about a new hero or some of V's friends

Results are only viewable after voting.
They've been fixing stuff, including driving and the police, for eight months so I'm not sure what the first line means.
Mods so far fixed more stuff or added or restored more content than the devs. You should check nexus mods or similar sites to see what i mean. Its a nightmare to see what could have been and still can but is not added or restored by some unknown reasons.

Mods so far fixed more stuff or added or restored more content than the devs. You should check nexus mods or similar sites to see what i mean. Its a nightmare to see what could have been and still can but is not added or restored by some unknown reasons.

None of which applies to consoles and are tested for stablity so its still a statement I don't understand.

Mods can add DMX's "X is gonna get you' to RE2 but that doesn't mean that the people at Capcom aren't working.

"Canon" is largely irrelevant in this type of setting. Even if V kills himself as the ending, there are further considerations that could feasibly "bring him/her back".

I think if CDPR were to extend the endings, I don't think we would be likely to see a continuation of the suicide ending.

I think if CDPR were to extend the endings, I don't think we would be likely to see a continuation of the suicide ending.

Perhaps not. But they'd most certainly need to come up with something. Which makes the Embers point of no return the most logical point for everyone to continue from. Anything less would essentially require those players to replay the entire game to make a different choice.

I am glad to see that almost %80 (as may be indicated by the poll) are on the same page! (y)

Seemed like half the people did not believe V could survive into the DLC in another thread I read many months ago. I am pleased that there is contrasting evidence that players may believe otherwise.

I am glad to see that almost %80 (as may be indicated by the poll) are on the same page! (y)

Seemed like half the people did not believe V could survive into the DLC in another thread I read many months ago. I am pleased that there is contrasting evidence that players may believe otherwise.
Even if I think that "V's goose is cooked", if CDPR add a way for V to survive, I will be happy anyway :)
(in short, I prefer "more content", whatever this content could be...)

Even if I think that "V's goose is cooked", if CDPR add a way for V to survive, I will be happy anyway :)
(in short, I prefer "more content", whatever this content could be...)
I believe that both Alt and Arasaka may be unreliable narrators and lie to V about six months. Both of them want to keep V, in one way or another.

That said, i doubt CDPR will ever fullfil their past promises and restore all content. Like reasonable reputation system among gangs, affecting the endings. Like, if you have high enough street cred and good relationships with 1-2 gangs, you can call them to assist you in final battle, instead of nomads or helping them (possibly saving their named characters, like Saul).
Cyberpsychosis, Zen master and Tarot quest chains, affecting the endings.
Interlude with Meredith Stout, unlocking the option to peacefuly withdraw Militec forces from excavation site in nomad ending.
Humanity attribute, declining with each implant V installs and affecting the ending choice - if V has more implants than Robocop, V will risk cyberpsychosis (unless V found a cure from Cyberpsychosis quest line) or will just decide to go with Alt, because V became more machine, than man, and eager to leave rotting meatbag and enter the digital world.

I believe that both Alt and Arasaka may be unreliable narrators and lie to V about six months. Both of them want to keep V, in one way or another.
For someone who could be in "good health", V coughs up blood badly. If that happened to me, I wouldn't think "everything is fine" :(

For someone who could be in "good health", V coughs up blood badly. If that happened to me, I wouldn't think "everything is fine" :(
Yeah, but that would be low point of recuperation curve. Biochip is now re-writing body for a new chip owner, V, so everything should be fine

Yeah, but that would be low point of recuperation curve. Biochip is now re-writing body for a new chip owner, V, so everything should be fine
If you want to think that, as you wish :)
(damaged Biochip, not really working anyway)
Nothing lets me think that Alt could lie (for Arasaka, I have more doubts). But she just got all the engrams from the richest and most powerful people on the planet, why the hell would she care about V, a poor unknow little street merc... No I think she's telling the truth, unfortunately :)

If you want to think that, as you wish :)
(damaged Biochip, not really working anyway)
Nothing lets me think that Alt could lie (for Arasaka, I have more doubts). But she just got all the engrams from the richest and most powerful people on the planet, why the hell would she care about V, a poor unknow little street merc... No I think she's telling the truth, unfortunately :)
This damaged chip successfully rewrote V's body for Johnny, biologically it worked just fine. What could possibly stop chip from work just fine some more and rewrite V's body again?

As for engrams, Alt is not a human anymore, and may estimate engram's worth differently than we do. Maybe V caught her eye by being so lucky and persistent in surviving.

why the hell would she care about V, a poor unknow little street merc... No I think she's telling the truth, unfortunately :)

To learn.

Why did the irreparably damaged chip work for V? What was so special about V, that it affected his physiology the way it did.

To a sentient AI, one could deduce that "knowledge" is the most powerful and important thing in existence.

"A story not related to V or Johnny. Quest about a new hero or some of V's friends"

Does this choice include Jackie?

I don't think we would be likely to see a continuation of the suicide ending.
...why not? It was a very vague ending (at least if I am thinking of the right one). In mine, V throws away the pills that will prevent Johny from taking control and after some more moments the camera moves away and we hear a gunshot. That hints about us killing ourselves, but it also leaves the possibility that in the last second Johny goes 'fuck I don't want to die' and move the gun:)
...ofcourse from other endings we (or at least I was left with the impression) that Johny kinda wants to die...but maybe they can disregard that if you are continuing from the 'suicide ending'...? I don't know:)

...why not? It was a very vague ending (at least if I am thinking of the right one).

I don't know how serious you're being but I don't know how more explicit they could've gotten. I'm for one quite glad I didn't have to see my V top himself on camera.

I don't know how serious you're being but I don't know how more explicit they could've gotten. I'm for one quite glad I didn't have to see my V top himself on camera.
I don't see how you can see that ending and go 'yup, there is only one conclusion here':)

Top Bottom