DLC's are so stupid.

+
Those DLC's will get modded after week and I bet you will be able to downolad them all. They are free so no harm here :)

Ecstasy said:
Those DLC's will get modded after week and I bet you will be able to downolad them all. They are free so no harm here :)
What you are suggesting is illegal.You see even if this mod is just alittle part of the game its still piracy.

yawnnnnnn, and I thought only italians were able to create a heated discussion out of something entirely unimporrtant...PLEASE LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE: a memorable game is about to be released. DLC's are free and completely "cosmetic" in their nature. You don't need ANY OF THEM to enjoy and beat the game. Why do you whine about them? This is a 18+ game, what is a bunch of 13 years old spoiled whiners even doing in this forum? I'm talking about mental age of course :p

If these minor, meaningless dlcs help them boost sales then I hope they help.In the future though, I hope they won't go down the same line as BioWare did with their crappy ass dlcs.

Braag

Forum veteran
Yeah, Dragon Age did this as well. It's kinda annoying since they cut content from the game and sprinkle it around to different retailers.It's not a deal breaker to me but it doesn't mean I like it either :/I wish they just gave the same in game content to everyone and give bunch of cool physical extras to those who buy the limited edition.

I can't stand reading people saying that CD Projekt don't care about fans after they spent an almost 4 years' work in this game to do the best possible RPG inspired in the world of Geralt of Rivia.Those DLCs are meaningless in comparation from the rest of the HUGE and BIG game. Especially because they aren't DLCs of twenty more quests, five more subplots, seven more scenarios to explore or something like that :S

Purpleknight said:
I can't stand reading people saying that CD Projekt don't care about fans after they spent an almost 4 years' work in this game to do the best possible RPG inspired in the world of Geralt of Rivia.Those DLCs are meaningless in comparation from the rest of the HUGE and BIG game. Especially because they aren't DLCs of twenty more quests, five more subplots, seven more scenarios to explore or something like that :S
im sorry that my viewpoint offended you. But in the end thats how I feel.

I'm afraid that day won't come soon though, I think it's a business model that Microsoft and Sony are forcing upon all developers, with their Microsoft Live and PSN networks. It's all part of a much bigger plan - merging gaming with social networking, brain washing gamers and turning them into obedient little consumers. As all plans for world domination it's deemed to fail spectacularly, but just not yet ;)

i Join the Cause for free DLC!Free DLC, is good! Pay DLC is the Worst thing to gaming in the last 10 years!LOL...but i mean it!

Brag said:
Yeah, Dragon Age did this as well. It's kinda annoying since they cut content from the game and sprinkle it around to different retailers.It's not a deal breaker to me but it doesn't mean I like it either :/I wish they just gave the same in game content to everyone and give bunch of cool physical extras to those who buy the limited edition.
Are you talking about Dragon Age 2? If yes there was the signature edition that offer most of the DLCs which was the best choice and it was not shop specific. Aside from that there were 5 items that you could only have if you buy something from a store or a game and 2 of them were a armour and a weapon. The rest didn't have a form in the game because there were belts and pendants. I really do not see anything wrong with DLC but only when I can have access to it directly and I hate DA and ME DLCs policy. I am sorry but this is just like EA/bioware and if I am not wrong there is even a finish move(animations) that only some ppl have access, never saw anything like this before not even with EA :/

Mihura said:
I am sorry but this is just like EA/bioware and if I am not wrong there is even a finish move(animations) that only some ppl have access, never saw anything like this before not even with EA :/
Actually, about the finishers, it's just an animation. Without it, you're still able to perform finishing moves. The animations are picked from a pool, and the dlc adds two additional ones.

Kodaemon said:
Kodaemon said:
I am sorry but this is just like EA/bioware and if I am not wrong there is even a finish move(animations) that only some ppl have access, never saw anything like this before not even with EA :/
Actually, about the finishers, it's just an animation. Without it, you're still able to perform finishing moves. The animations are picked from a pool, and the dlc adds two additional ones.
I know that we have finish moves but isn't that kinda odd? I mean they are animations they are part of the gameplay. I never saw a dlc like that before well at least it is not relevant to the story but they sure seem to be embracing this DLCs policy.

Eh, the gameplay remains the same in this case, the only thing changed is the visuals. It's less of a change than the new items in the other DLCs.

If the game is released with a toolset i bet that there will be plenty of free DLCs known as mods.Personally i never buy single releases .Gerald needs some horse armor !

Alalzia said:
If the game is released with a toolset i bet that there will be plenty of free DLCs known as mods.Personally i never buy single releases .Gerald needs some horse armor !
You know for some weird reasons.. sometimes people DO prefer official content ;). But i honestly hate the DLC Item pack thing. It's either they release a FULL expansion or a MEATY DLC with storyline, new quests, new characters, new items/weapons, new skills/talents/signs/etc.

Kodaemon said:
There's also an unspecified DLC available in the next issue of the polish gaming mag CD-Action which they claim it's not available anywhere else.
Update: they were bxxxxxxxx. It's the alchemist suit.

Ptosio said:
Pathetic DLC is pathetic.
Agreed, this was much worse in other games like Mass Effect 2 where they cut out almost all of the weapons and armor drops in favor of a supposed "streamlined" approach. Which in other words means "here's some dlc crap that was suppose to be in the game but we cut so that we could charge you extra for it".

Top Bottom