DLSS 2.2.11 works miracles (Remember to update Nvidia Drivers)

+

DLSS deactivates and its greyed up in the menu for me for no reason at all from time to time. 3070Ti here.​

DLSS deactivates and its greyed up in the menu for me for no reason at all from time to time. 3070Ti here.​

Game is pretty borked, yo. Since 1.3...or 1.31,some layers of RTX reflections won't even function without DLSS, and when they do work; The reflections somewhat inverted during specific weather conditions... on top of it reflecting the sky and not the volume clouds even though it collects and uses screenspace data that's not stored in the depth buffer. If I use 4k Quality, I get more 'ghosting' than 1440p Performance(I like testing things) - which should be less work and delay for the ai upscale. Am I missing something here? It's actually worse than before. :rolleyes:

I wonder if it could be due from something who did not properly work time to time on which DLSS version is used. From what I understood, Drivers don't use the DLSS file from the game but the lastest one present in the driver update.
(just a guess, but it's possibly something which CDPR don't have any control...)
Though.. I just checked and my game is still using 2.3.4.0 (from the .bin file in the Nvidia-generated folder). Does that mean the later version isn't officially certified for CP2077? Or is my system not updating as-intended?

PS just checked, if I remove the 2.3.4.0 file, it is re-downloaded on starting the game, so the in-game update is working, just not fetching nything newer yet.
I don't know, it shows Nvidia is confident in newer DLSS version being superior than older DLSS versions. From that standpoint, many libraries are updated during a driver update without the user being specifically asked or notified.

btw anyone experienced patch 1.5 using the latest dlss version 2.3.7? how does it compared to the in-game dlss default version patch 1.5 (dlss version 2.3.4)?

I haven't tested it yet, but what I have discovered is that the driver does not hot-swap to 2.3.5 like it did pre-1.5. Hence, I assume CDPR considers 2.3.4 superior to 2.3.5 at least.

My DLSS issues are solved with this patch.
Post automatically merged:

btw anyone experienced patch 1.5 using the latest dlss version 2.3.7? how does it compared to the in-game dlss default version patch 1.5 (dlss version 2.3.4)?

I updated it manually. Works fine, looks better at least for me.

The game has been officially updated to DLSS version 2.3.4.0.​

I 've noticed that verifying the game files via GOG or Steam will no longer install the original DLSS version 2.1.39.0
(nvngx_dlss.dll located in Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64)
For a fair comparison of graphics and performance in Patch 1.5, I think we should stick to this new default.
The difference between any variant of 2.3 is not as big as the jump from 2.1.39.0 to 2.3.4.0.

That being said, when comparing Patch 1.5 with an older game version, I think it's very important to install an appropriate old Nvidia driver before launching the old game version, because since the release of Patch 1.3 (or maybe 1.31), the driver has been using file 160_B9DB490.bin (located in C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA\NGX\models\dlss\versions\131844\files), instead of nvngx_dlss.dll (located in Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64), which means that If we want to compare an old version of the game (e.g. Day One Patch VS 1.3 or 1.5) without changing the driver, all game versions would be using the same DLSS version 2.3.4.0.

2.3.7 runs much better for me on my system and is not subjetive. And 2.3.5 addresed most of the ghosting around moving objects back in the day.

2.3.7 runs much better for me on my system and is not subjetive. And 2.3.5 addresed most of the ghosting around moving objects back in the day.
Interesting. When using 2.3.5 in Shadow of the Tomb Raider, the ghosting on Lara's bow became extremely obvious, compared to 2.3.2 so I've decided not to use 2.3.5 in CP. However, it might depend on the distance of certain objects. In patch 1.5 while using default 2.3.4, I've seen ghosting on red car lights from cars driving in front of me, but so far I haven't seen it on my own car. My theory is that the distance at which the ghosting appears, is determined by the dlss file. So it might just depend on the in-game situation, or on what the player pays attention. Maybe all DLSS files would produce the same amount of ghosting, but each at a different distance...

Interesting. When using 2.3.5 in Shadow of the Tomb Raider, the ghosting on Lara's bow became extremely obvious, compared to 2.3.2 so I've decided not to use 2.3.5 in CP. However, it might just depend on the distance of certain objects. In patch 1.5 while using default 2.3.4, I've seen ghosting on red car lights from cars driving in front of me, but so far I haven't seen it on my own car. My theory is that the distance at which the ghosting appears, is determined by the dlss file. So it might just depend on the in-game situation, or on what the player pays attention. Maybe all DLSS files would produce the same amount of ghosting, but each at a different distance...

It may be a viable theory anyway the dlss usually come out with a new game so they are trained for that game, at least that's the impression I got.

I 've noticed that verifying the game files via GOG or Steam will no longer install the original DLSS version 2.1.39.0
For a fair comparison of graphics and performance in Patch 1.5, I think we should stick to this new default.
The difference between any variant of 2.3 is not as big as the jump from 2.1.39.0 to 2.3.4.0.

That being said, when comparing Patch 1.5 with an older game version, I think it's very important to install an appropriate old Nvidia driver before launching the old game version, because since the release of Patch 1.3 (or maybe 1.31), the driver has been using file 160_B9DB490.bin (located in C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA\NGX\models\dlss\versions\131844\files), instead of nvngx_dlss.dll (located in Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64), which means that If we want to compare an old version of the game (e.g. Day One Patch VS 1.3 or 1.5) without changing the driver, all game versions would be using the same DLSS version 2.3.4.0.
Agreed, since (at least for me) it's mostly interesting to see how a current version compares with an earlier one as it would have looked. So it would be nice if the guys on YouTube doing those side-by-side videos could use 'legacy' footage instead of running an older version with contemporary drivers.

That said - I still like seeing those videos. They show a 'best-effort' view of the older versions versus the current, so I think can still show if the core graphics system has been downgraded/upgraded.

Hmm buy why? If it doesnt do that much of a differance? I swapped too 2.3.7 the second i saw the ghosting taillights and now i dont have that anymore.. Not quite sure i get your resoning here... Is it for the apples too apples compare?

Hmm buy why? If it doesnt do that much of a differance? I swapped too 2.3.7 the second i saw the ghosting taillights and now i dont have that anymore.. Not quite sure i get your resoning here... Is it for the apples too apples compare?
When I wanted to create this thread for benchmarks, I thought it would be difficult to compare different results if a DLSS version significantly impacted performance.

Last edited:
When I wanted to create this thread for benchmarks, I thought it would be difficult to compare different results if a DLSS version significantly impacted performance.

I posted in your thread to see whether there is a significant difference between the default in-game dlss version 2.3.4 and the latest one (version 2.3.7).

So i noticed today after updating my Motherboard bios (have a asus rog crosshair 7 x470) that the former issue with huge dropped fps in start of bench mark is gone. went from 29 minimum too 49 minimum. Seems there was something with the former bios or something that made that issue worse?

Top Bottom