DLSS 2.2.11 works miracles (Remember to update Nvidia Drivers)

+
If I turn DLSS onto Performance mode in 21:9 (2560x1080) aspect ratio I get the following visual bugs at the bottom of the screen. Does not happen in 16:9 (1920x1080) or when DLSS is in any other mode. Latest drivers, update, etc. I have a 2060 Super GPU.
2022-09-22_0803_1.png
2022-10-01_1500_2.png
2022-10-01_1459_1.png

I don't know if this holds much significance given that the new patch (with DLSS 3) is around the corner, but there a new version of DLSS 12 has been released. According to guru3d it works better than DLSS 12v1:

So which version of DLSS 2 is the best for Cyberpunk? It seems that 2.4.12_v2 is sharper than 2.4.6, but there's abit more ghosting for flying objects, or am I wrong?

Last edited:
So which version of DLSS 2 is the best for Cyberpunk? It seems that 2.4.12_v2 is sharper than 2.4.6, but there's abit more ghosting for flying objects, or am I wrong?
As far as I know, 2.4.6 is one of the best which I'm also "using" at the moment. Note though, that I will wait for the RT Overdrive patch with DLSS 3 to continue playing Cyberpunk 2077, so I do not have any experiences with 2.4.12v2. The common agreement appears to be that 2.4.12v1 sucks, but 2.4.12v2 seems to be on par with 2.4.6.

Yeah about that. I recently noticed since updating my drivers and doing that hotfix solution that during story sequences the FPS drops to around 55-45 FPS, however once I'm done with the scripted sequence the FPS jumps back to pretty much locked 60. Anyone else having this issue?

2070 Super
I7 9700K
16 GB DDR4

Still no news on the RT Overdrive update (I just got a 4090 for Christmas so I'm waiting for the update, too), but I found an interesting information about DLSS 2.5.1 (the latest DLL version). DLSS Sharpening is no more, and with 2.5.1 it does nothing in-game. Quote from NVIDIA:

Yeah DLSS sharpening is now deprecated in the latest version. We’re recommending devs use NIS (Nvidia image Scaler) sharpening instead.
NIS has an arguably superior sharpening technique and can also provide a cross platform, non-RTX hardware fallback for upscaling.

I've always turned off the sharpening myself, but I thought this might be of relevance to some.

It's been a while but DLSS has been updated a few times. with the current newest version being 3.1.1. It is still DLSS 2, because DLSS 3 is Frame Generation which uses a separate library which can also be updated:

However, one thing I wanted to point out is the following project on GitHub:

Apparently DLSS 3.1.1 was that first version of DLSS 2 that shipped with presets A - F, whereas previous versions had a hardcoded preset. The tool above can be used to switch to a different preset. Moreover, DLAA can be forced and (using a beta version) the DLSS scale factor can be modified. So for example, while DLSS Quality is usually at 66% one could raise it to 80%.

I haven't played around with this tool yet, but I definitely intend to do so. I was also curious if other's here have tried it and what the best preset for Cyberpunk 2077 would be.

I haven't played around with this tool yet, but I definitely intend to do so. I was also curious if other's here have tried it and what the best preset for Cyberpunk 2077 would be.
DLSS 3.1.1 has few cool new features, like the auto-update for instance. No more manually downloading/swapping DLLs, or having to go through 3rd party apps / GeForce Experience.

As for the new preset, it's called "Ultra Quality", and sits at 77% upscaling. I'm playing on a 3440x1440 ultrawide, and it seems like the sweet spot for me at that resolution (haven't tried it yet in Cyberpunk, will do later). Interestingly, Hogwarts Legacy detects the new mode when swapping DLLs, but it doesn't seem to work in-game :

hl.jpg

With a 4090 and Frame Generation, sometimes I don't even need upscaling to get a good framerate, so if I could have DLAA along with FG, that would be perfect.

DLSS 3.1.1 has few cool new features, like the auto-update for instance. No more manually downloading/swapping DLLs, or having to go through 3rd party apps / GeForce Experience.
I have missed the auto update, it this documented somewhere?

With a 4090 and Frame Generation, sometimes I don't even need upscaling to get a good framerate, so if I could have DLAA along with FG, that would be perfect.
DLSSTweaks would allow you to force DLAA in Hogwarts Legacy.

I have missed the auto update, it this documented somewhere?

Straight from the official Developer's Guide:

2.4 Getting the Latest Updates

Applications now have the option to opt-in to receive updates to their Presets (section 3.12) via Over the Air (OTA) updates. The following call triggers this update if available

NVSDK_NGX_Result NVSDK_NGX_UpdateFeature( const NVSDK_NGX_Application_Identifier &ApplicationId, const NVSDK_NGX_Feature FeatureID);

ApplicationId: If not using NVSDK_NGX_ProjectIdDescription, this contains an ID provided by NVIDIA for this app. If your NVIDIA contact did not provide you an ID for this purpose, use ProjectDesc with NVSDK_NGX_ENGINE_TYPE_CUSTOM as the engine type.

FeatureID: Valid NVSDK_NGX_Feature enum corresponding to DLSS v3 Feature which is being queried for availability

If the update is successful, the update will not be applied until the next time that NGX is Initialized (i.e., NVSDK_NGX__Init() is called again. See section 5.2 ). We recommend using this API, as this will allow NVIDIA to deliver the most up to date IQ and performance improvements to the Application.

This API should be called on its own dedicated thread. This is because the time taken to download an update can vary based on factors outside of control, such as network connectivity / internet speed.

I hope Cyberpunk implement this API call in the next version. You can read the rest of the docs here by the way:

Finally a technically thread I can respond to as well.

Anyway, as some might have noticed there is already a new version of DLSS2 (3.1.11) and thus far it works as expected. As of 3.1.1 I am using DLSSTweaks and I'm forcing preset "D" on all quality levels. Has someone tried and tested any other preset?

Also, are there any experiences in changing updating the FG dll (https://www.techpowerup.com/download/nvidia-dlss-3-frame-generation-dll/)? Afaik, Cyberpunk 2077 should be using 1.0.7.0 so there has only been one update yet. On Hogwarts Legacy though, it did improve the FG quality though.

Another idea that popped in my head was that now that I know how to get FG working I could actually use FG without DLSS2 and check which method yields higher perceived visual fidelity. However, I scratched this idea since I'm waiting for RT Overdrive and than I will probably need FG + DLSS Quality or DLSS Balanced to play the game at a decent enough framerate on 5120x1440.

Top Bottom