DLSS 2.2.11 works miracles (Remember to update Nvidia Drivers)

+
If I recall correctly, it's very easily implemented and yields significant results. People are running Cyberpunk with FSR on Linux already, since Steam's Proton support (which lets Windows games run on Linux) supports FSR. Ironically, this means Cyberpunk runs at a higher framerate on Linux than on Windows. However, it would run even faster with native FSR support.
Yea i heard its easy too implement too but most "tech" says that and i havent really done any reserch into it. Also theres quality and other stuff to consider. From what little ive read about it it looks promising, especially with the bigger support for it then DLSS has. Could also be a deal with nvidia thats in the way since i think they were pretty involved with CP2077 when it was developed. Those that can wait will se i guess. Gonna be hard too run this game on ps5 and xbox without it with RTX on im guessing so i think thats why its taking so long...

I think Lizzie's gun has it
Could you post a screenshot please? I haven't updated DLSS yet and I think there is an issue with the crosshair in the vanilla version of the game as well. (Would need to report the bug, but didn't take a screenshot yet.)

Thing is, Screenshots won't do you much good. Dlss at least in this game is sharp when standing in one place... well sharpish. It's when you move around in the game world that it becomes significantly blurry. You can stop and look around as long as you don't move your character and everything will appear as advertised, but as soon as you take a step the world will defocus and then as you stop, refocus.

For me it's a deal breaker and I wish to god yall would just tell us the parameters to fix to keep the blur at least consistent. Like Ill take the variables that manage screen space reflection grain as fair trade... not exactly, sure... but at this point yall broke me and I would just love to have one ridiculous thing that shouldn't be in my cake and at least smell it... I gave up on eating along time ago.

DLSS in Quality mode with a good sharp filter like CAS from reshade (not the issue sadly, would have been too easy that was my first suspect as to the cause... alas removing reshade or disabling cas or rolling back updates or "updating" DLSS or updating the game or drivers ect. had no effect...

If I turn DLSS on, and move in the game, the screen blurs and no one seems to talk about it save for some of the COD players.

Now you could say but its a single player game, not a comp shooter.... Motherf-er its a shooter... its a game with a 3d world that you move it... alot... so unless I'm taking screenshots or vid cap trying to show the difference and thus standing in one place like Digital Foundry or some crap, usually I'm moving around.

Yes you can nill the initial temporal upsample blur with a good sharp... no this does not fix anything with regards to it DEfocusing while moving... turning DLSS off does... then it's fine. I get that NVIDIA has some acnecide rules about how you can display the options for dlss in the menu; but I read through those releases and docs hard trying to figure this out...

They said you had to display the parameters in the menu as hard labels... But they never said you couldn't tell people what was in them.

Honestly in the spirit of alot of rushed implementations it would be nice for a comprehensive breakdown of alot of things actually. I get this was shoved in a box and tossed out the door, sucks for yall major and I really get that. But help us help yall lol... How long did it take before there was an official rebind of the use key? Like amoung other things and many that are focus priorities I am sure... so hey why not drop some of the basics so we can at least tune it to our systems or maybe do things like make the image upscaling not a faulty iphone camera with focus?

I mean how the game runs values of known graphical terms isn't exactly top secret proprietary info and given how no one has actually figured out anything that governs the SSR filter or any other but have been up and down the scripting (which IS a CDPR unique thing unlike... SSR filters or the LOD stream values for DLSS to resolve or jitter or color or whatever, it's stupid complicated what it wants to run well, but whatever it is, it's almost there... just needs a push is all.

This sounds bitter. Been a long day, as like a moron, every few months I set out to solve these gaslit questions of mine and fail miserably. The Dlss sdk inspired this one and as luck would have it, my search is paused by that announcement of a zoom compass and perk reset thing hit this morning.*

So please don't take this as a dig... honestly I'm more pissed at the people not bringing this up and showing examples that would never point it out and yet are also the majority of the state that an action game would have the player (moving). But as is tradition I will attempt to ask plead beg and point out this go round... therapy I guess.

* And as well the whole thing with the world is burning and while no one cared yesterday or the weeks and months before (years, lets be real) they all went into collective WHA WHAW HWWWAAAATTT! So I guess we can see how long till they inevitably conveniently forget (Friday? not that anyone could find Afghanistan on a map anyways in my country).

You guys are lucky with dlss.

I was one of those campers trying to get my hands on one of them 3080s.But after trying ended up giving up and ended up getting an MSI GAMING X TRIO 6900XT. and I would rather have dlss like you guys.

Congratulations to all of you, seriously.

I was one of those campers trying to get my hands on one of them 3080s.But after trying ended up giving up and ended up getting an MSI GAMING X TRIO 6900XT. and I would rather have dlss like you guys.

Hopefully they will get FSR implemented soon and AMD can enjoy some better FPS and hopefully using RTX too.

Are you all currently changing the DLSS library in the game's folder?
I manually replaced the default one from patch 1.3 (still using dlss file version 2.1.39) with the most current DLSS file version 2.2.16 and I noticed there is a significant performance gain without decrease in quality post patch 1.3. (1440p; RT on, Ultra settings, DLSS Quality)

Here is the fps average generated screenshot using Razer Cortex after playing roughly three hours (side note: new character / not from a previous save file; vanilla no mods installed or using reshade) and some screenshots from in game

Attachments

• CP 2077 patch 1.3 Performance Test.jpg
    CP 2077 patch 1.3 Performance Test.jpg
    355.8 KB · Views: 117
  • photomode_19082021_192439.png
    photomode_19082021_192439.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 102
  • photomode_19082021_201304.png
    photomode_19082021_201304.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 92
  • photomode_19082021_201445.png
    photomode_19082021_201445.png
    5 MB · Views: 92
  • photomode_19082021_202302.png
    photomode_19082021_202302.png
    5 MB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Yea ive been playing some today too. No increase in fps for me but feels more stable. Even looks better some stuff, not sure what has changed but lighting is a bit diffrent and some of the effects are more noticeble. Finaly got the game stable too i think :D no crash in like 4h game play.

Ok, I've taken the plunge and exchanged the game's library with DLSS 2.2.16. Currently, I haven't noticed any difference but I also haven't been playing for 2-3 weeks. Thus, it's bit difficult to compare performance and image quality. However, thus far I haven't noticed any DLSS ghosting which is a good thing :)

Considering I assumed I got a few FPS out of the new DLSS library I switched RT lightning from Ultra to Psycho which yielded a 10% difference at first. Personally, I was OK with this trade-off and kept it on Psycho. However, later in Night City - I switched in the Badlands - I noticed a performance difference of 20% which was a bit too much for my taste. Thus, I switched back to Ultra and I've learned that Psycho will be for the successor of my current GPU, which will either be a 4090 or a 7900XT.

MEH... we'll see bout that, so far its functionally unusable as far as I'm concerned... at least in this game, I still haven't tried inserting the SDK module and seeing if I can kill the blur when moving... still kills me how absolutely terrible it looks even on quality, at 1440 and albeit better, still bad at 4k when walking, but then it turns into what all those 'testing dlss' videos you see from Digital Foundry and the like as soon as you stop...

It looks like your vision if you've ever had a blocked tear-duct for a good while and no vysine to be found... then go stare at bright lights in the dark... Stop moving and look around and the world immediately sharpens to the advertised quality like a deer in the headlights, or a cat that thought it was sneaky till you noticed it and ruined the whole affair... dlls goes: what blurriness, there's no blur here... *dodidotidooo*. Then you take a step forward and bam right back to hazy-ville.

DC9V

Forum veteran
Ok, I've taken the plunge and exchanged the game's library with DLSS 2.2.16. Currently, I haven't noticed any difference but I also haven't been playing for 2-3 weeks. Thus, it's bit difficult to compare performance and image quality. However, thus far I haven't noticed any DLSS ghosting which is a good thing :)

Considering I assumed I got a few FPS out of the new DLSS library I switched RT lightning from Ultra to Psycho which yielded a 10% difference at first. Personally, I was OK with this trade-off and kept it on Psycho. However, later in Night City - I switched in the Badlands - I noticed a performance difference of 20% which was a bit too much for my taste. Thus, I switched back to Ultra and I've learned that Psycho will be for the successor of my current GPU, which will either be a 4090 or a 7900XT.
I got the impression that 2.2.16 looks more washed-out than 2.2.11, but has better performance.
With 2.2.11 I got increased GPU temps and occasional decreased performance by up to 40%, which lasted until I loaded a save-file.

A new version of DLSS is available again (2.2.18). Has anyone tested it yet?
Same managed too get some gametime again since i saw script extender is here.. not that i have any mods using it yet but o well :D
Post automatically merged:

So been testing some, Latest driver + DLSS and testing out some more +sharpening and normal sharpening.

+Sharpening looks better but cant be enabled trough NVCP so it has a hit on framerates. Havent noticed the weird gfx glitches i got before updating the driver but gonna test at the same spot later.

Sharpening does a pretty good job in unblurring, tho not as well as +sharpening. But dont have that big of an inpact on FPS. Atm im leaning towards just ignoring +sharp tbh.. Preformance DLSS should get me 60 fps or its just not worth it tbh ^^

Last edited:
yes, I'm currently using it. I think it's safe to use.
Cool, according to nexusmods it apparently has a bit more ghosting with a bit more performance. That being said, the guy who stated this rightfully noted that it is just his rig and he didn't really do any kind of extensive testing.

+Sharpening looks better but cant be enabled trough NVCP so it has a hit on framerates. Havent noticed the weird gfx glitches i got before updating the driver but gonna test at the same spot later.
Are you sure? I think I saw it there. How much of a performance impact does GFE have? Do you have any kind of article on that? I mean it sure does have some kind of impact because every program has, but I always konsidered it to be negligent.

Sharpening does a pretty good job in unblurring, tho not as well as +sharpening. But dont have that big of an inpact on FPS. Atm im leaning towards just ignoring +sharp tbh.. Preformance DLSS should get me 60 fps or its just not worth it tbh ^^
The guy from the forum post apparently went to performance DLSS + sharpening+ on 3840x2160 because it seems to produce higher image quality than the balanced without sharpening+. So, this might definitely be an option.

Since I'm on 5120x1440 I considered anything below quality not that good looking, but it might be worth going down to balanced with sharpening+ if this person's claim holds.

Are you sure? I think I saw it there. How much of a performance impact does GFE have? Do you have any kind of article on that? I mean it sure does have some kind of impact because every program has, but I always konsidered it to be negligent.

The guy from the forum post apparently went to performance DLSS + sharpening+ on 3840x2160 because it seems to produce higher image quality than the balanced without sharpening+. So, this might definitely be an option.

Since I'm on 5120x1440 I considered anything below quality not that good looking, but it might be worth going down to balanced with sharpening+ if this person's claim holds.
Hmm not sure how much. 5-10 fps id say for me on average without really testing it. Just the old sharpening i can run without any impact that i notice but +sharpening has texture sharpening too and has too run trough GFE. Think the forum post linked in the post i think you made said 5-10%? sounds about right too me.

For 1440 im not sure. for me on 2160 i do notice a differance. havent used quality/balanced for a long time. Even feels much more smooth on preformance even in the spots where fps are similar. i get dips down too around 50 but still feels pretty smooth.

Top Bottom