DLSS 2.2.11 works miracles (Remember to update Nvidia Drivers)

+
I usually run the game around 45-50 fps with my RTX 2080, with occasionally in heavy combat dropping below 40, I rarely ever run above medium settings.

I knew DLSS was able to improve performance but I didn't like the loss of quality. Well then, 2.2.11 has come out out which has vastly improved image quality and fix the annoying blur effect (called Ghosting) when driving too fast with car along with generally improve quality and fps, so I decided to finally test it out and I wonder if you could see the difference if not labeled by me (and of course the lower fps with it). Also there is known issue with certain weapons their crosshair borders are visible in DLSS 2.1 (I think Lizzie's gun has it).

Everything ultra maxed:
1626713096632.png

1626713154263.png

When I turn DLSS 2.2.11 on
1626713231184.png

DLSS balanced:
1626713293667.png

1626713434109.png

If you play with Nvidia card I highly recommend uploading the latest DLSS file from for example here:

It's quite safe and won't corrupt your PC (I hope, since I'm currently using it) and it's "installed" by copying the file in your Cyberpunk folder.
For example for me it's "\Steam\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64".

I wonder if next patch will also update this file, but you can do it before the official patch to enjoy this quality improvement without loss of quality before the patch is released.

It still gets a little bit blurry if you go with performance and high performance, but with quality and balanced mode it's hardly noticeable, and you can maintain 60fps with all maxed out settings, how crazy is that?

More information about DLSS 2.1 what the game is currently using vs the unofficial 2.2.
Post automatically merged:

On the negative side: This might cause crashing (so far haven't done for me) if DLSS is incompatible.

Also REMEMBER TO UPDATE NVIDIA DRIVERS, otherwise it will not work.

Last edited:
Undoubtedly one of the tools that will allow you to play the game with everything to the fullest on mid-high range computers without going below 60 fps. Surely they will announce it to us from CDPR in the not too distant future, I hope.

thanks choom, now it works as charm....RT on Psycho, DLSS balanced mode, platform: GOG (before I used dlss version 2.1.39)

photomode_20072021_162930.png

Attachments

• photomode_20072021_162857.png
    photomode_20072021_162857.png
    5.3 MB · Views: 558
  • FPS2Capture.JPG
    FPS2Capture.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 563
Last edited:

iCake

Forum veteran
3070 Ti. DLSS quality, 1080p target.

Tried the new DLSS library and unfortunately, I don't see any discernable difference from 2.2.6.0 (which already removes most of the ghosting the original DLSS that comes with the game has) that I had previously. And, still, the City Center is a shitshow with frames dipping into low 50s and sometimes even high 40.

The only thing that I can say may have gotten better with the new library is that the performance mode seems to look very very good now, still not as crisp as quality though but now it looks like a very appealing option, with even the City Center being locked at 73 (have a 75 Hz monitor with adaptive sync). Might switch to performance as balanced is not enough to clear up the performance dips.

P.S. Yeah, RT is maxed out as well as pretty much everything.

RT is a proper preformance hog, i run at 4k max everything (no film grain or chroma tho) and even with balanced DLSS i get dips into 40s. Turn off RT and you double fps. and sometimes it just feels weird with it on, like shadows are pretty much invisible cuz lights are everywere. Looks good when it all clicks tho.. Not prettiest game ever but looks very nice. photo mode allways makes it look even better tho since i think they load all high res texture and ignore viewdistance thats ingame

When I try this, DLSS option is forced off with no option to turn it on. If I put back the original dlss.dll I can enable DLSS again. This is with 2060super.

When I try this, DLSS option is forced off with no option to turn it on. If I put back the original dlss.dll I can enable DLSS again. This is with 2060super.
Well that sucks.

Are you trying the 2.2.11? The website has earlier builds like 2.2.6 as well if you have troubles.
It worked on mine first try.

But I did get some weird glitch (which may have happened even in DLSS 2.1) where wherever I point there's a weird shadow that starts emerging, and it starts to cover up the screen.

It'd be interesting to know what caused it but hopefully it gets fixed soon. I think it might have happened to me twice.

I had a strange response to putting 2.2.11 in my game. It no longer allowed any form of DLSS to be turned on. It was greyed out.
Full quality but... not adjustable.

RTX 2080 ti in this case. So I swapped it back for the previous version - fixed it.

Indeed my problem was my drivers. Updated to latest and enjoying DLSS 2.2.11! Thanks!
But I did get some weird glitch (which may have happened even in DLSS 2.1) where wherever I point there's a weird shadow that starts emerging, and it starts to cover up the screen.

It'd be interesting to know what caused it but hopefully it gets fixed soon. I think it might have happened to me twice.
I got this shadow glitch occasionally on DLSS 2.1. I don't believe it's connected to DLSS. I find it happens after advancing time, when it happens I need to restart the game to fix it, loading an old save doesn't work.

Last edited:
Indeed my problem was my drivers. Updated to latest and enjoying DLSS 2.2.11! Thanks!

I got this shadow glitch occasionally on DLSS 2.1. I don't believe it's connected to DLSS. I find it happens after advancing time, when it happens I need to restart the game to fix it, loading an old save doesn't work.
I just arrived in new location and started sneaking in, raised an alert and died.

After that I reloaded the autosave just before I entered the area and started hacking people from distance... I don't know what happened but maybe it's more to do with the menu pulled up and down too quickly or something, since there wasn't anything really exceptional that I did.

Tried the new DLSS library and unfortunately, I don't see any discernable difference from 2.2.6.0 (which already removes most of the ghosting the original DLSS that comes with the game has) that I had previously. And, still, the City Center is a shitshow with frames dipping into low 50s and sometimes even high 40.

Ive had great deal of ghosting problems with DLSS in other games than CP2077. For example Red dead 2 and watchdogs legion. Still present in those games, but not in CP2077.

My game doesn't like driving at high speeds in Night City while RTS is on, regardless of settings. Other than that the game runs pretty well and looks amazing with RTS on. I however used to play with RTS off because of better performance.

Ive had great deal of ghosting problems with DLSS in other games than CP2077. For example Red dead 2 and watchdogs legion. Still present in those games, but not in CP2077.

My game doesn't like driving at high speeds in Night City while RTS is on, regardless of settings. Other than that the game runs pretty well and looks amazing with RTS on. I however used to play with RTS off because of better performance.
Interesting, for me it's the other way around. I used to play with everything maxed-out. But now I've disabled RT, playing at 4K with DLSS_Quality. Sometimes I enable RT reflections or lighting with DLSS_performance, depending on the area.
Edit: Since local RT shadows have been added, RT sun shadows is the only RT effect that I keep disabled.

Last edited:
It's good to see other people experimenting with the DLSS version :)

I would also like to point out that the DLSS quality can be fixed like so:

However, there might be issues with some ini-tweaks:

It's quite safe and won't corrupt your PC (I hope, since I'm currently using it)
:LOL:

Tubit

Forum regular
I'm kind of surprised that CDPR haven't included FSR support yet. It would represent a significant performance boost to a lot of people. It's the "best bang for the buck" improvement they could add to to game.

I'm kind of surprised that CDPR haven't included FSR support yet. It would represent a significant performance boost to a lot of people. It's the "best bang for the buck" improvement they could add to to game.
Probably comming in "the next gen" update since its supposedly supported by ps5 and the new xbox. Not sure how easily its implemented tho and what kinda preformance it gives..

Tubit

Forum regular
Probably comming in "the next gen" update since its supposedly supported by ps5 and the new xbox. Not sure how easily its implemented tho and what kinda preformance it gives..
If I recall correctly, it's very easily implemented and yields significant results. People are running Cyberpunk with FSR on Linux already, since Steam's Proton support (which lets Windows games run on Linux) supports FSR. Ironically, this means Cyberpunk runs at a higher framerate on Linux than on Windows. However, it would run even faster with native FSR support.

Top Bottom