DLSS 3 PC Hotfix

+
after so many disappointments regarding performance on non RT @ DX12 with anything above 4.00 HF #2 (December 2022) i don't even tend to try this new patch especially if it doesn't announce fix for non RT players. Thankfully there aren't any other game bugs i run into that needs to be fixed.

after so many disappointments regarding performance on non RT @ DX12 with anything above 4.00 HF #2 (December 2022) i don't even tend to try this new patch especially if it doesn't announce fix for non RT players. Thankfully there aren't any other game bugs i run into that needs to be fixed.
For non rt players patch 4.02 is like a must have, thanks to bring back HBAO+, u didn't know that?

You have no problem with 32gb ram, me too but some user told me that increasing virt. Memory helps him solve stability problem with in w3, because he had 16gb ram.

[...]
If you tick the top checkbox then Windows will automatically increase the page file size and you'll never run low unless your drive is too full. Like I said this really hasn't been a thing since XP but the myth still continues. If you are going to use a fix sized page file them make it is at least 3 times your memory and 4 times is even better. Even more true if you are running Discord in the background for chat in multiplayer games.

The problem with that is sure that size page file might be plenty for Witcher 3 but for other games it might still be too small like my modded version of Skyrim

Last edited:
I don't get a very good experience with game at moment.
128GB Ram, 7950x CPU, 4080 card and 4K Display= crashing at random with Witcher Crash Report coming up and game freezing after every time a menu is open/close to where it like everything is sticking.
All drivers updated and even done clean install but no joy.
Still play it but gets annoying that I can't get even an hour of play without waiting for the crash at a fight or when horse riding.
Bought Cyberpunk when first released and even hearing about the bugs in it still think it an amazing game but would love to finish Witcher and be ready for 4 but this time get it from GOG lol

This game has become unplayable for me since this new hotfix. I have a 4090 GPU and 32GB RAM but gameplay is now lagging massively. I'm not much of a computer wizard so not sure how to fix this. I don't understand why a hotfix designed to improve the performance of 40-series graphics cards has actually made performance worse! I'm new to Witcher so disappointed that I can no longer play until this problem is resolved :(

This is so sad and disappointing.
It is now a full month that patch 4.02 was released - and broke the game totally for so many players on PC. One full month of crashing every few minutes.
And not even a word from CDPR about the topic. Not a "working on it". Not a "sorry". And certainly not any patch that makes this wonderful game playable again.
😭

Naindurth:​

Work around for dodging updates:

Run the game from its home directory. Don't load it through the GOG interface.

Find the path under:
Right click game Witcher icon in GOG: Manage installation: Show Folder.

It will open up to the initial game folder. From there it's "bin\x64" witcher3.exe.

(
Shut GOG interface down before you start the exe.

Taskbar:
(on mine its) Show hidden icons: Right click GOG Galaxy select exit.
)

Double click "witcher3.exe" and you're up and running. Or make a shortcut to it and paste it on your desktop.

You don't get achievements. But the game doesn't get screwed by updates that don't work either.

I've given up on them. I'll wait it out until they eventually get it right or admit defeat. But then I have many copies of the game including the original CD's.

Mmm 11 of them in various stages of disarray on the same drive. Some waiting for me to fix issues from Mods. Some as backups for the inevitable need a copy because I pushed it too far. Copy and paste is a wonderful ability. :).

Cheers Bob.

Last edited:

A hotfix for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is out on PC. It improves the stability of the game running on the GeForce RTX 40 Series Graphics Cards related to DLSS 3. The game version won’t change.
i have a 3090 and the memory leaks are back ive been waiting for a fix for a month now. i love the witcher ive been playing this game since it released and i didnt play another game, i love roaming in this beautiful game, im so attached to it, please dont tell me this is gonna be the last updaate

i have a 3090 and the memory leaks are back ive been waiting for a fix for a month now. i love the witcher ive been playing this game since it released and i didnt play another game, i love roaming in this beautiful game, im so attached to it, please dont tell me this is gonna be the last updaate
what exacly memory leak you had?

A hotfix for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is out on PC. It improves the stability of the game running on the GeForce RTX 40 Series Graphics Cards related to DLSS 3. The game version won’t change.
Post automatically merged:

how can i download this hotfix?i wanted to start witcher 3 today(gog version) and the game stutters. maybe i am to stupid but i do not find a downloadlink for your hotfix

how can i download this hotfix?i wanted to start witcher 3 today(gog version) and the game stutters. maybe i am to stupid but i do not find a downloadlink for your hotfix
There is not.
If you're on GOG and installed the game later of this post (or let auto-update activated), the hotfix is already installed.
ABout stutters, do you have an AMD CPU ?

There is not.
If you're on GOG and installed the game later of this post (or let auto-update activated), the hotfix is already installed.
ABout stutters, do you have an AMD CPU ?
no four intel i5 7400 with 3,0 Ghz
Post automatically merged:

no four intel i5 7400 with 3,0 Ghz
i ran the Nvdia Optimize tool and now it seems to work

Last edited:
Top Bottom