DLSS doesn't work

+
Um, no? I think turning DLSS on is a more-or-less instant effect, no need to 'train', maybe takes a few seconds to reconfigure when changed but that's all. So I got Ryzen 3600, RTX 2600 , some overclocking, and I def see benefit of DLSS all the time.

I wonder if guitarfan has FPS limited in Nvidia control panel?
Post automatically merged:

Um, no? I think turning DLSS on is a more-or-less instant effect, no need to 'train', maybe takes a few seconds to reconfigure when changed but that's all. So I got Ryzen 3600, RTX 2600 , some overclocking, and I def see benefit of DLSS all the time.
Oops - RTX 2060, much as I love the retro sound of a 2600.

Last edited:
I wonder if guitarfan has FPS limited in Nvidia control panel?
FPS could be locked to the monitor's refresh rate if Gsync is enabled for windowed mode, or if Vsync is enabled in the global 3D settings, but guitarfan said that sometimes it exceeds 60 FPS.

Noticed that if you disable TAA trough mods/software it would also disable DLSS. Im guessing its a bottleneck tho. Even my cpu is struggeling at 1080p and gpu usage without DLSS never goes over 80% usage with dlss it gets too like 90%. at 4k its 99% constantly so i think its just a bottleneck choking the GPU.

You could test if it's a bottleneck by increasing the internal resolution a bit. For example if you increase the scale to 150% (DLSS off) and then turn DLSS on, you might see a difference.

Still it's safe to say that you'd bottleneck anyway as we're talking multiplei times the relative power between the components. Don't get me wrong, for HD Gaming your CPU is fine, but it will just not keep up with your GPU. That's impossible!

But at least you should get different frame rates across both CPU's so that is probably not it.

There is a possibility that the games you tested have DLSS solutions that cannot scale below Full-HD, but that's just a guess. Although I think I remember that you could scale Controls DLSS down to absurdly low resolutions.

if you find nothing on the hardware side, look on the software side, it might very well be a panel controller issue.

If it were just Cyberpunk there would have been the possibility that it's just a bug. I once had a bug where my FPS would flip between 60 and 65 constantly with extremely unstable frame times, making the game basically unplayable. I had to uncheck all sync options once, get out of the game, relaunch it and then enable the sync options again to fix it.

About your "bottlenecked " theory. My CPU is not the reason why DLSS doesn't work at all otherwise it would work with ryzen 7 3800x and it wouldn't work with my CPU ryzen 5 1600 in 3DMark. Do you think that only last AMD gen 3 will turn DLSS? You think it's only 3 gen technology? I know that's my GPU is outdated and sure new ryzen CPU would make more FPS boost with DLSS but that's not the reason that the DLSS doesn't work. It shoud works and make at least even little difference between DLSS on and off.

About your "bottlenecked " theory. My CPU is not the reason why DLSS doesn't work at all otherwise it would work with ryzen 7 3800x and it wouldn't work with my CPU ryzen 5 1600 in 3DMark. Do you think that only last AMD gen 3 will turn DLSS? You think it's only 3 gen technology? I know that's my GPU is outdated and sure new ryzen CPU would make more FPS boost with DLSS but that's not the reason that the DLSS doesn't work. It shoud works and make at least even little difference between DLSS on and off.

Try to configure the game from GeForce Experience.
annoying bug,
goes and comes
sometimes certain changes are still intact from the game menu.

Like I said before, you need at least a Ryzen 7 5800x, better Ryzen 9 5900x to utilize your RTX 3090 and then you will start seeing a massive FPS boost from DLSS.
Depends. @4K, a Ryzen5 3600 is all you need.
It certainly doesn't [...] make textures look blurry. In quality mode you can barely differentiate it from native mode honestly, while it doubles the FPS.
No, it doesn't double the FPS in DLSS_Quality mode, at least not in Cyberpunk 2077, and it actually looks more crisp at native resolution.

I tried to use ryzen 7 3800x 2 days ago - didn't change anything. That's not the reason why DLSS doesn't work on my PC. I tried to use DLSS on my second PC with 2080+ryzen 7 3800x and DLSS works fine. So i put ryzen 7 with my 3090 and it didn't help. Then i tried to play game Control and there is same problem. DLSS doesn't change FPS. I don't understand why is this happens. Is there some other ways to check DLSS works properly? Maybe there is something wrong with my 3090 or something else. I need to figure out but i don't know how

I tried 3DMark DLSS test and the difference between DLSS off and ON is 88FPS and 97FPS in 1080p Performance mode. I don't know if it's ok or no, but in games i didn't get even 10% FPS boost

As far as I know, in Cyberpunk: (Regarding FPS)
DLSS_Performance at 1080p = DLSS_Quality at 1080p ;
DLSS_Performance at 1440p = DLSS_Balanced at 1440p .

If you don't see a difference at 1440p between DLSS_Off and DLSS_Balanced, maybe there's something wrong with your BIOS.
  1. Download the latest BIOS beta version for your MSI_b450_gaming_plus: here.
  2. Flash your BIOS by using this instruction.
  3. Make sure your DRAM is installed correctly:
    DRAM_DaisyChain.png
  4. In the BIOS:
    1. If available, enable XMP profile1 for your DRAM
    2. Set PCIe x16 generation to 3.0 (Alternatively: try AUTO) !
    3. leave all other settings on AUTO

Hope that works.

PS.:
I think your 3Dmark test result is great, considering that your CPU is quite old.
Here's a 5950x for comparison:
(PBO, air cooled, SMT_disabled)
DLSS_feature_test_5950x.png

Last edited:
I think your 3Dmark test result is great, considering that your CPU is quite old.
Here's a 5950x (air cooled) for comparison:
View attachment 11236699
Thats because it dont stress the cpu at all. tested it myself and never saw over 20% usage on the cpu while Cp2077 is around 50% So cpu does very little for the "score"
edit* seems it increases cpu usage when DLSS test is running so guess it does stress the cpu more need too test this in cp2077!

Last edited:
That's because a Ryzen 7 3800x is still too slow for your RTX 3090. The 3800x can't keep up and bottlenecks your system before your 3090 gets a chance to take off and get a high boost from DLSS. If anything, you would only notice a slight boost in 4K with DLSS in quality mode.

Like I said before, you need at least a Ryzen 7 5800x, better Ryzen 9 5900x to utilize your RTX 3090 and then you will start seeing a massive FPS boost from DLSS.

On your other system with a 3800x + RTX 2080 you do see an FPS boost from DLSS of course, because the 2080 is much slower than your 3090, meaning in that system you're not bottlenecked by the CPU. A 3800x + RTX 2080 is a very well balanced system.
Well, a Ryzen 7 3800x should be siginificantly faster than a Ryzen 5 1600, and he claims there is no difference.
However, he didn't say if his framerate was higher without DLSS at 1080p.

As actually it seems rather ridiculous to game at 1080p with a 3090.
I think you run in CPU limit even maxed out, maybe even with the 5900x.

Top Bottom