DLSS Ghosting issue

+
Hi,

I have a extreme case of ghosting caused by DLSS it seems.
RTX2060SUPER, 1080P
Raytracing ON, DLSS Quality mode

Its even way worse in motion, but some pictures attached:

moarwheels.jpg

ghosting2.jpg

ghosting.jpg

Last edited:
It is same for me on RTX 3080. Disabling DLSS helps, but then I can't benefit from Ray Tracing. Hopefully this will get patched.

Turn off motion blur
Also bare in mind DLSS runs better the higher the resolution you game at. Running it at 1080p means the actual render res is closer to 720p so more details will be lost than if you were running it at a higher resolution

Turn off motion blur
Also bare in mind DLSS runs better the higher the resolution you game at. Running it at 1080p means the actual render res is closer to 720p so more details will be lost than if you were running it at a higher resolution
I am sure they have motion blur off. I did and still had this with DLSS. However, ya'll should bear in mind, DLSS is taking lower resolution samples and upscaling them. These artifacts can be a side effect of that and a livable impact.

You can change the DLSS settings to reduce the ghosting, but I don't think it will go away. Blur may be a component of DLSS in CP2077 that hasn't been exposed yet.

I can confirm i am having this same issue with my 3090 with everything on ultra
Post automatically merged:

they need to fix this crap now lol

Last edited:
Turn off motion blur
This. DLSS to my eyes looked distractingly not good at 1080p so I opted for running on ultra without being fussy about framerate with raytracing turned on, using a 3070. There was simply no point in running raytracing otherwise because a fuzzy image with nice lighting is, primarily, a fuzzy image, and that's what DLSS delivered.

I think the raison d'être of DLSS is 4K and the next rung down. At 1080p the sacrifices it makes in image quality are extremely obvious.

DC9V

Forum veteran
@valahraun @meitemar Did you already report it to the tech support? Should be able to be fixed within a future update.
If your monitor supports resolutions above 1080p make sure to check if it also occurs at higher resolutions.
Post automatically merged:

I asked in some modding discord, apparently its supposed to work/be like this.
There's no way it is supposed to be like this. If it disappears by disabling DLSS then it's obviously some visual bug / glitch / artefact.

Last edited:
yes this occurs at any resolution, well i dident test at 800x600 etc, but its apparent on 2k and 1080p

Last edited:
Same at me. Mostly when crounching/in stealth. Screen "wobbles" on movement, like I see about 3 angles at same time.
RTX 3080, RTX ON Ultra, DLSS on Quality.

Try downloading version 2.2.6.0 or 2.2.10.0 and replace the DLL in your bin folder (where the cp executable is) with the one you just downloaded. Make a backup of the older one before. The new dll will get rid of most of the ghosting.

In any case, I hope cdp is working on another updated dlss version specifically made for cyberpunk.

Top Bottom