Do dev's actually see our suggestions or concerns

+
Just a question i feel i need to ask, if we have suggestions or concerns should we contact youtubers who have dev connectoins or will our concerns and thoughts on this forum actually reach devs. I see a lot of concerns regarding the bugs and saves and stuff be locked without ever recieving dev consideration. Or is this forum solely meant for fan discussion?

A lot of us have made threads with this hope in mind. from what they've told us, they do in fact monitor the official reddit and forums which is what motivated me to make my original thread, which thankfully gained quite a bit of traction and certainly left me hopeful someone somewhere read it to understand a lot of the player base's frustration.

Also wondering as I can't find a response or predict /figure out the way they will move now CP2077 made such a crash landing.

I think you're question is actually two fold. The first is, will he devs see our concerns. It's probably but not guaranteed that they will. Probably someone or the mods or something is filtering through the forums, finding select things, and making reports that will or will not land on a devs desk depending on how management feels about the subject.

The second point is, will they actually do anything about it if they actually see it. That's a whole different question right there. Just because they saw it doesn't mean they can actually fix it, either because of hardwired coding, or because they're not going to be allowed to fix it, because of some policy the management has in place.

PR must be in damage control mode, I think the devs are up to it with fixing things they know already aren't working.

Guest 4406876

I don't know if they do personally, but if this was my company I can assure you I'd take a week off with a "don't disturb" sign out of my office to just read people's feedback, and have the rest of the team to fix the issues I already know the game has. Only reason to enter my office would be to bring me coffee and in silence (or death or a natural disaster).

It's an odd thing to think about, but a lot of companies dispite having their own website and forum, only read/reply to reddit.
So it depends on CDPRs practices, and which has a higher audience.
But chances are they don't read their own forums, favouring more popular forums.

The second point is, will they actually do anything about it if they actually see it. That's a whole different question right there. Just because they saw it doesn't mean they can actually fix it, either because of hardwired coding, or because they're not going to be allowed to fix it, because of some policy the management has in place.

I see what your saying, but I'm more curious about the validity of our complaints. Certain things have been brought up that I would just like developer acknowledgment on. I realize some things that are broken will not receive quick fixes, but it would be nice to at least know which things have been seen and are being worked on. That way if say a topic has a large swath of fan attention it would be nice to know if that is something that is for sure broken or working as intended.

All i would really like is clarity from a dev so we can let simmer certain concerns while we await fixes. Thus my asking if our concerns are being viewed here or if i need to go elsewhere.

Just a question i feel i need to ask, if we have suggestions or concerns should we contact youtubers who have dev connectoins or will our concerns and thoughts on this forum actually reach devs. I see a lot of concerns regarding the bugs and saves and stuff be locked without ever recieving dev consideration. Or is this forum solely meant for fan discussion?

Of course the devs see what's here.

Just because they're not actively participating doesn't mean they're not reading or getting feedback. They are. So are the execs. So are the shareholders.

You can be certain that even those who aren't looking at the forum as part of gathering feedback are looking at it on their own. They're fully aware of the situation, I have no doubt.
Post automatically merged:

I see what your saying, but I'm more curious about the validity of our complaints. Certain things have been brought up that I would just like developer acknowledgment on. I realize some things that are broken will not receive quick fixes, but it would be nice to at least know which things have been seen and are being worked on. That way if say a topic has a large swath of fan attention it would be nice to know if that is something that is for sure broken or working as intended.

We are not gonna get acknowledgements on any specific issues until a public statement is written and approved.

Don't expect it.

Yes they check the forums for feedback. There's an awful lot of posts right now so there's little guarantee they'll see a specific post. But that's one of the main reasons we mods merge threads ... so CDPR can quickly see "oh there's hundreds of posts about this issue, we should check that out." There's no guarantee that results in changes, but it at least let's them see what community is saying without having to sort through 500 threads a day.

They aren't going to comment much as historically speaking users are frequently unkind to devs when they dive into discussions.

As far as I know, they do check out the forums as much as they can. But keep in mind that it's pretty much impossible to see every suggestion and every bug report, and so on.

Do mods send any of the concerns on the forums to a dev email or anything or is it pretty much just reliant on right time, right place for devs to see things here? Not attacking or anything like that, genuinely curious how this all works. Especially since were dealing with a company in Poland and I have no clue if they have dev offices in the US or if language is a partial barrier.

As far as I know, they do check out the forums as much as they can. But keep in mind that it's pretty much impossible to see every suggestion and every bug report, and so on.
I think as moderators you could greatly help us to make them see the most crucial suggestions and concerns e.g. by pinning some of the threads created here (like this one) :)

I can't imagine any other way. This is why we should raise our voice about missing contents. They have to accept it is a major concern for us.

But at the same time, we must be realistic. Honestly, I don't think any suggestion about main story is realistic. We should talk about small but important things.

Bugs, world interactions, eating/drinking animations, braindance sequences, nudity etc.

I am sure the devs are currently preoccupied fixing the enormous mess the suits have made... and how much devs can influence the direction is debatable anyway. CDPR once was gamers making games, but it is no longer that. Like most they went the way of corpos, and now it's suits making money for shareholders; and that means that their decisions are hardly ever in our favor...

I do hope, as do many others, that this game will be fixed and eventually become the game we were waiting for, at least partially, but it might take some time, and it will probably not be because devs read the forums...
But, and that is important, we still have to make noise, post our grievances, make suggestions, share ideas and let them know we are rooting for their game, and for them. fuck them corpos, but root for the coders! ;)

I can't imagine any other way. This is why we should raise our voice about missing contents. They have to accept it is a major concern for us.

But at the same time, we must be realistic. Honestly, I don't think any suggestion about main story is realistic. We should talk about small but important things.

Bugs, world interactions, eating/drinking animations, braindance sequences, nudity etc.

"Honestly" - These 'terms' are subjective, absolutely subjective and absolutely personal, keep that in mind. Reedit to better understand: i agree with you*

Do mods send any of the concerns on the forums to a dev email or anything or is it pretty much just reliant on right time, right place for devs to see things here? Not attacking or anything like that, genuinely curious how this all works. Especially since were dealing with a company in Poland and I have no clue if they have dev offices in the US or if language is a partial barrier.

There's no language barrier, CDPR is an international company.

And yes, we're trying to help with gathering feedback, mostly about technical issues at the moment. That's why it's so important that they are well documented and described in the TECHNICAL section of the forums as detailed as possible, so it's easier to recreate certain bugs/issues.

Patience is definitely needed though. Currently the amount of feedback and other "issues" we need to deal with on forums prevents us from dedicating too much time to prioritizing issues & providing feedback.

Guest 4406876

"Honestly" - These 'terms' are subjective, absolutely subjective and absolutely personal, keep that in mind. Reedit to better understand: i agree with you*
1 subjective + 1 subjective+1 subjective etc etc all talking about the same stuff, makes a lot of same subjective things that add up.
Anyways bug fixing and performance priorities were applies are the absolute priority, as you can't add content to something that doesn't work.

Top Bottom