Do dwarven women have beards?

+
Do dwarven women have beards?

Hello there folks, this is probaly a question for those of you that know the whole Witcher world by heart, or similiar.My question is concerning dwarven women. No, not because I am desperate ;)In many other fantasy books and stories, dwarven women have beards or almost beards. In Lord of the Rings, Gimli mentions something to that sort and the german books "Die Zwerge" even feature dwarven women with a semi-beard.So I thought, do dwarven women in Sapkowskis world have beards?I appreciate every answer ;)

Hmm i was reading it at least seven deys ago hmmm i think woman dwarfs don't have beards but they are wery ugly-it was even in book;] .

Female dwarves don't have beards ;D At least they don't have in Warhammer Online, Age of Reckoning. See the Army of order class dwarf engineers, last pic http://www.warhammeronline.com/armiesofWAR/dwarfs/DwarfEngineer.php I remember they had more dwarven women pix but I can't find them any more. I guess there was even an article about female dwarves when this class was introduced the first time.

here's a bearded one :) ... but most of the images i've found seem to suggest that they certainly aren't lacking in the chest department :)

Does this bearded dwarf woman belong to a certain game or fantasy universe or is it just a drawing? Just the idea of women with a beard gives me creeps ;D

Different IP's different dwarf women.I really hate Tolkien for what he did to the dwarf ladies.Even if it's fantasy that's just rude. :wall:I'm so happy Warhammer has no bearded ladies yay.Btw I'm a big dwarf fan. :] Khazukan Kazakit-ha!

I agree, Powaz from Rivia.It was jsut one of those curious questions I found myself thinking about, since I knew that in some "worlds" they have beards and in other they don't.Thank you for your answers, y'all :D

i know someone who knows a bearded woman in real life. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but some people do live with it (she doesn't shave) :peace:I know ... a friend of a friend and all that, but still!

I don't know if your friend of a friend really knows such a person but there are women with beards in RL http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypertrichose

oh i assure you it's not a joke ... but i've personally met a woman with a pretty thick moustache ... it was blonde (as was she), but you could not miss it. She was a secretary at the first university i attended and i remember her well :)

gamewidow said:
oh i assure you it's not a joke ... but i've personally met a woman with a pretty thick moustache ... it was blonde (as was she), but you could not miss it. She was a secretary at the first university i attended and i remember her well :)
I have seen a woman with a moustache too. She overall looked "manly" and was fat also, so you could be confused, but it was still creepy as hell.

I've wondered that, too, because if dwarven women do NOT have beards, then why are all of the dwarves in the non-human quarter men? And it seems as if the elves in the non-human quarter are all women. Where are the female dwarves and male elves?

male elves are in woods fighting or in old visima ghetto. femaler dwarves are rare and precious to dwarves so they stay safe in mahakam mountains. i dont think they have facial hair, maybe few have some problems like human women game widow mentioned :p but its not a rule. "i dont think" because i dont remember any fragment about this issue in books

This is a sneaky question Corylea ;D Maybe CDPR didn't know how to portrait female dwarves, so they stay indeed save at home.

To me the idea of bearded dwarven females is a bit horrifying. Such thing is certainly not in my imagination of any fantasy setting.I deal with the lack of dwarven women in the Witcher game with idea that they all stay in Mahakam. Dwarves in my feeling are apparently very patriarchal society with clearly prescribed gender roles. Only males venture to the outside world in business matters. To me dwarves seem much more misogynistic than humans. On the other hand, both races can't be compared to elves who seem to have gender equality.

Sneaky little humans. You desire our women, oh yes, I know - everyone does. You'd like to have our beauties for yourselves and start such threads trying to find out their whereabouts! No way, spies!

Vindici said:
Sneaky little humans. You desire our women, oh yes, I know - everyone does. You'd like to have our beauties for yourselves and start such threads trying to find out their whereabouts! No way, spies!
You misinterpret the situation. This is just for the sake of research intension... to learn about an other race and to live in peace with each other :peace:

Vindici said:
:whistle:It is exactly as Petra Silie said it is :teeth:

Top Bottom