Do mods stack?

+
Do same mod effects on items (critical chance for example) stack?

I have a jacket that gives 15% crit chance, and an undershirt that also gives 15% crit chance. But in my stats screen it only shows 30% crit chance, when it should be 45% crit chance in total. This is counting in my 15% crit chance that I got from my perks.

I'm not sure how their math works at all. I've got 5-6 of the +15% mods and my total crit chance is only 33%, as well as quite a few +30% crit damage, and my damage stats show as 111% right now.

I have the same issue, likely a bug with either display or how they apply - but needs visibility.

-tv

Forum regular
Seems inconsistent, but definitely visually confusing. For armor, it seems it stacks as long as it is split between different items. For Crit Chance/Damage, it doesn't work this way.

Some mods don't even apply at all (Movement Speed, Fall Damage Reduction).

I think it's a technical issue. It's possible that mods weren't supposed to stack (kind of like cyberware)? That makes sense for some of the mods (like Shock/Thermal/Poison/etc immunity)...but not others.

Technical thread:

Last edited:
even better, it seems if you have 2 mods with the same bonus, if you remove one of them you no longer get the bonus from either.

i have a shirt with +15% crit, and pants with +15% crit.

1 on = 23% crit
2 on = 23% crit
removing either of them = 8% crit

I have a jacket with 4 slot and two of them are running speed +20, so I suppose to have running speed +40, yet the jacket still show as running speed +20.
So I don't think two same mods on one cloth piece will stack. or maybe it's a BUG.

Top Bottom