Do Monsters Attack as much as others?

+
Do Monsters Attack as much as others?

Hi All,

Ive been playing monsters and I dont know much about the other factions but noticed that Monsters are mostly about getting your own numbers up and not attacking your opponents down. Aside from Bronze - Wild Hunt warrior (-1), Wyvern(-3), Silver - Speartip(-2), Nithral(-2), Gold - Draug(-7), Imerlith(-3)

Most of these require an additional card to play except the bronze cards and Draug and are mostly 1 time hits. This leaves most damage against opponents by neutral or special cards. Just noticing that other factions have turn based cards that do damage as the round progresses but Monsters have none.

Am I wrong?

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
GamerGawd;n8303160 said:
Ive been playing monsters and I dont know much about the other factions but noticed that Monsters are mostly about getting your own numbers up and not attacking your opponents down. [...] Just noticing that other factions have turn based cards that do damage as the round progresses but Monsters have none.

*cough* weather *cough*

Okay, fine, weather cards are neutral. Nevertheless, weather is a viable deck for Monsters which hurts a lot, though not in the strictest sense that it does damage.

Yeah, weather is neutral, and clear skies eliminates ALL weather conditions, so its not a really good strategy for damage. I guess Monsters are really about breeding not killing.

Monsters is about buffing ur own units way more than attacking the other player. Commander's horn is perfect card to monsters and won me many games. unless he uses a dimeritiim bomb , it gives you a +20 strength in a single play and if you use weather immune cards like i do, you can still weather the buffed row for a finisher without affecting your buffed units.

Deferigon;n8315300 said:
I find weather works best with Moster decks.
Except SK does it better, and its a fairly popular meta deck)

Michelazz;n8314130 said:
Monsters is about buffing ur own units way more than attacking the other player. Commander's horn is perfect card to monsters and won me many games. unless he uses a dimeritiim bomb , it gives you a +20 strength in a single play and if you use weather immune cards like i do, you can still weather the buffed row for a finisher without affecting your buffed units.
Monsters have litteraly 1 card that buffs (Speartip). And it buffs entire row, so it doesnt help to stagger against scorches... so no, buffing doesnt have much to do with monsters identity)

I don't think that its a major concern to unequally spread wounding capabilities among the factions, because that ultimately helps to define their unique identities. In that regard, it seems fine to leave effects like ticking siege-like dmg to NR or give more wounding to SK

For the most part monsters are interested in tempoing lots of value via consumes, so how consume monsters win is by getting big nekkers and fat keeps for the next round, Although some monster variants do run old speartip and some spells as removal, the consume win condition is to outvalue your opponent.

Yeah consume rulz, but before i understand it was playing with chrones and wild hunt riders buffed with thunderbolt, which was to risky...

Monster Decktypes are either Aggro, Consume or Weather, but they all are pretty powerfull - If u know how to play and if u have the right Cards.
Weather is not too popular right now, but my main Deck (Winrate around 80%, stopped playng ranked at rank 13) is in fact a Weather Deck.
So yes, it is very powerfull.

Top Bottom