Do NOT duplicate weapon/armor mods.

+
Might be old news to some of you, but at this point I think it's most people know how to duplicate items in this game. You might think it would be a easy way to get multiple legendary mods with the duping exploit. I'm here to tell you don't bother, at least for the mod itself.

Duplicating a mod, counts as a single mod. Say If I have 4 Legendary armadillo mods that I duped from one I originally picked up, and I put them all into a single armor item, they only count as 1. So you armor value is much lower than it should be. Remove one of them will also bug out the others. So instead of say +200 armor each, the other ones will now only give you +11. When you sell them, it also only count as one in the rebuy menu.

I'm guessing there is some sort of unique ID assign to each mod in the game, and game game calculates the armor value based on how many different IDs you have.

And more important. don't drop the item. This is an armor with 4 purple armadilos in it. I droped it and picked it up again.
well...
1608507794237.png

You can craft them dude. At lower levels they are grey, but they get better and better as you near level 50
I've been able to craft up to Epic armadillo's now but I just reached level 50. Legendary ones are chance based as well? Just need to craft and hope? :confused:

I've been able to craft up to Epic armadillo's now but I just reached level 50. Legendary ones are chance based as well? Just need to craft and hope? :confused:

Ya but it's not like they cost a lot to make lol. And, really, the difference between epics is completely irrelevant.

Damn the dupe thing is all the rage currently. Trying hard to understand why so many people are into cheating but i'll probably never get a clear answer. Same for Skyrim back in the day when the restoration glitch got out and videos of it were gathering millions of views...:facepalm:

Damn the dupe thing is all the rage currently. Trying hard to understand why so many people are into cheating but i'll probably never get a clear answer. Same for Skyrim back in the day when the restoration glitch got out and videos of it were gathering millions of views...:facepalm:

Man, I remember reading a Skyrim forum once and people going on about a bug to get some item or something ON PC! I was like "dude, there's a console, you can spawn anything you want" and they were all confused and shit.

People are so dumb.

Might be old news to some of you, but at this point I think it's most people know how to duplicate items in this game. You might think it would be a easy way to get multiple legendary mods with the duping exploit. I'm here to tell you don't bother, at least for the mod itself.

Duplicating a mod, counts as a single mod. Say If I have 4 Legendary armadillo mods that I duped from one I originally picked up, and I put them all into a single armor item, they only count as 1. So you armor value is much lower than it should be. Remove one of them will also bug out the others. So instead of say +200 armor each, the other ones will now only give you +11. When you sell them, it also only count as one in the rebuy menu.

I'm guessing there is some sort of unique ID assign to each mod in the game, and game game calculates the armor value based on how many different IDs you have.

You know, saw those videos but never tried it myself, but seeing as Panam's rifle and other items get duplicated by themselves by different actions ranging from upgrading to just plain changing weapons (at least in ALL my playthroughs they did) I'd say there's either a logical error or they don't have uniques, maybe something along the lines of bad bd design and end up with several FKs or even constraints went wrong somewhere, idk to be honest but there are tons of better ways to get money and items rather than just duping, or everyone can just wait until the console is back (if it isn't already) and then just play with it lol

I don't know if duplication is intended to be done by the side of devs or its an oversight, does anyone have info on that please?

Personally I haven't done any duplication because I felt it was cheating and breaking the game for myself and it wasn't a way to enjoy it but I don't judge people that go into it. I am running a glass cannon build anyways I die in 2 or 3 hits but I prefer to play that way too on the edge.

I don't know if duplication is intended to be done by the side of devs or its an oversight, does anyone have info on that please?
While I honestly can't say that I know for certain, as I don't work for CDPR, I'm 99.9% sure that duplication is an overlooked glitch. Developers don't glitch anything (Well QA guys might and should). Developers can simply use a console to give themselves whatever items they want. Yes CP2077 has a console, which is hidden, but can be unhidden with mods).

Ya but it's not like they cost a lot to make lol. And, really, the difference between epics is completely irrelevant.
Do you neet to have a specific level in crafting, like maybe 18? I just dinged 15 in crafting and still only epics and pretty sure I've crafted hundred armadillos.

Do you neet to have a specific level in crafting, like maybe 18? I just dinged 15 in crafting and still only epics and pretty sure I've crafted hundred armadillos.

I had to check and apparently you can't craft legendaries according to the wiki. Odd, I'm sure I had some but now I think I might have been wrong. Coulda just been bugged ones or something.

Top Bottom