Do not over-nerf Francesca or Dwarves to the ground because of the loud voices of a few misguided people

+
The only change or fine-tuning the needs to be overseen in Dwarves is the removal of the armour from Rowdy Dwarf - elsewise, other Tier 1 decks like Arachas Queen, Calanthe, Nilfgaard Steal and more show good resistance to its shenanigans and is not as "unstoppable" or "broken" as claimed by a few people after barely diving into the meta.

It is strong, but by no means "busted".

Let's all just tech epidemic. Problem solved.

The Sukrus/Covenant hack vanished overnight because everybody puts Korathi, Invocation, Philipa, etc., in their decks. So if everybody annoys the net-deckers by playing a frustrating counter, they'll soon stop.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Yesterday i tried a deck to counter Echo dwarves, but unfortunately the matchmaking is mocking me and now decides i wont be matched against that, but i think it will be very effective.

It's a NR Meve engine deck (because everyone else is using Calanthe), but packed with row damage specials: 2 arachas venoms, lacerate, surrender, Triss TK for another of those,...

But i've also read people have had success in countering Echo dwarves with NG seize and SC harmony dryads (which is further proof Mystic Echo is the main problem here)

There is much that needs nerfed. Dwarves for sure but then cards like replay a leader need changed. defenders make cards like this almost uncountable. It didn't take long before this season was unplayable.

So we just left a tier 0.5 Francesca format and patch 4.0 practically does not touch Fran's ability.
Surprise, surprise ST becomes very problematic again and it is the exact leader ability responsible.

And considering all that you still suggest to just keep the most toxic leader ability since the original DJ and giving Dwarfs a pseudo-nerf to pretend something would be done about this clear issue ?

The Echo has been here for a long time and was never problematic, even being effective in neutral cards. Who says Fran was more than a meme a few months ago would be denying the reality of the game at that time, all ST was in poor performance.

Specifically ST...currently what gives strength to the two main decks is to be able to skip the "play only one card per turn" rule.

Brokylon Waters are 2 engines and the opponent can answer only to one, the same with Novigardian justice.
The newest is Figgiz Merluzzo that not only leaves 3 bodies, the strongest is a Taunt and cancels the possibility of eliminating the others(some exceptions like Treason)that will be converted into engines the next turn.
And of course, Portal.

It is not a matter of Echo or the Busted dorf, it is a matter of how many you can put on the board each turn.

Here(attached img) I used the Call of the forest in a berserker simply to show how you can quietly not use the ability in something of double invocation.
Additionally notice that my opponent used Damien and Stefan without restrictions.

Since the restriction to decks without units and the new updates the game has been based more on generating points than on denying them, the problem is that there are people who don't want to understand it and keep trying to work wonders with a bronze lock that is completely outdated.

I think we can expect new buffs or some powercreep in other archetypes, I doubt that some other Sihil nerf style , or in that I hope so.

Attachments

• 2019-10-07_1527_2.png
    2019-10-07_1527_2.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 276
So we just left a tier 0.5 Francesca format and patch 4.0 practically does not touch Fran's ability.
Surprise, surprise ST becomes very problematic again and it is the exact leader ability responsible.

And considering all that you still suggest to just keep the most toxic leader ability since the original DJ and giving Dwarfs a pseudo-nerf to pretend something would be done about this clear issue ?
This is the gwent community.They love playing whatever is broken even if it kills the game in the end

Dorfs are strong, but I think the main problem comes from that it is a quite straightforward deck that everyone may use effectively. The lower part of the ladder is thus bullied by something that appears unstoppable because it requires a good overview of the game mechanics to respond approprietly.

The question is: do we nerf dorfs to satisfy the majority of players ? Or do we balance the game for the pro ladder , i.e. we consider that no nerf is needed because it is just a strong deck amongst others?

Imo the meta is shaping very well this month. Lot of variety, lot of strong decks, I have much pleasure with all factions.

I agree with OP.

Deck is still a big problem. Novigrad Justice needs to be changed to a syndicate card only or mystic echo needs to go.

Deck is still a big problem. Novigrad Justice needs to be changed to a syndicate card only or mystic echo needs to go.
In my experience it's still strong but not noticably stronger than plenty of other decks. Enslave NG is especially tough.
Post automatically merged:

Curious to see this thread's fMMRs. Would definitely kill this discussion.
MMR is meaningless isn't it?

In my experience it's still strong but not noticably stronger than plenty of other decks. Enslave NG is especially tough.
Post automatically merged:

I just auto forget when I see enslaved. No card should be able to replay a leader for one. Your right is just aaas bad. Dwarfs is a different kind of bad. 24 points in 1 turn with the setup for another 10plus each turn after.

Not in this case. It shows their "best" played faction and you can check public profiles for the winrates. For curiosity's sake I checked a couple of profiles from this thread and that confirmed my doubts. Not that they were any subtle to begin with.

I play at R5, NG size snd MO dead wish control is superior to Dwarves in my view. People again realised the best strategy is not to give opponent targets snd kill/size everything that hits the board.

I don’t see any meaning in MMR in HC. I don’t care what my MMR is, should I?

Top Bottom