DO NOT SCRAP JEWELRY (junk items - unless you're rich already)

+
Sorry for the caps lock, and to some of you this is a captain obvious moment... but for me I'm about 20 hours into my playthrough and only just now noticed that thinks like earrings and necklaces sell for a SHITTON of money to vendors (~750 eddies each).

I didn't realize this, so I kept scrapping everything in junk without really paying attention to sell price.

I know this should be a no-brainer, but after seeing the "automatically scrap junk items" perk I just assumed there was no such thing as valuable junk. If I noticed this earlier I'd be a rich guy... so I'm just throwing out a heads up to you all.

Have fun.

Compared my characters - (TECH+INT) and (COOL+INT). Tech one was with Autoscrap perk. Same route around Watson secondary yellow and blue quests (before biochip heist). With Autoscrap - around 40k eddies, without - 55k eddies (selling only valuable trash items). Welp, a notable design mistake from the devs :facepalm:

Auto-scrapping junk is a useless perk IMO especially if it's at the cost of early eddies.I bought my first car just on the valuables I sold from the prologue.

Sorry for the caps lock, and to some of you this is a captain obvious moment... but for me I'm about 20 hours into my playthrough and only just now noticed that thinks like earrings and necklaces sell for a SHITTON of money to vendors (~750 eddies each).

I didn't realize this, so I kept scrapping everything in junk without really paying attention to sell price.

I know this should be a no-brainer, but after seeing the "automatically scrap junk items" perk I just assumed there was no such thing as valuable junk. If I noticed this earlier I'd be a rich guy... so I'm just throwing out a heads up to you all.

Have fun.

Great PSA! Save the junk ;)

Have fun.
Or you could watch the SpiffingBrit and never worry about eddies again :ok:

That's just a price I chose to pay for not having to spend time scrapping the junk I find, lol. Sure, I've lost out on well over 15K from these things, but it's not hard to make money in the game from selling upgrade components and such.

Honestly i dont like this crafting system in the game at all.
I imagine in was cool in age of minecraft and like but here its just plane stupid.
Crafing super complex crap in your pocket from recycled soda bottles...jeez.
And making super complex microchips to stick into your brain lol.
Converting components from common to upper tier one click itch x hundreds what fun it is!
Witcher system was so much logical. You bring/ buy components and correct vendor crafts it for you.
You became attached to stuff this way too.
Changed it to mindless grind, Good idea CD Project

Anyway excuse me for this rant.

What's the point of scrapping anyway? It never feels like crafting matters that much. I always sell all the junks and scraps some guns when my capacity is full.

I've seen people post this numerous times. It's not like there are thosands of these things. $750 is nothing, and there is no reason really to buy anything in the beginning. You can make your own ammo, guns, whatever you need to keep going.
You get way more money in scraping after the city opens up and you can get the good stuff.
The worst part about crafting is you have to make it one at a time. Or scrap one at a time. This perk is more than worth it.
You guys are fighting over a store coupon here. Actual value is 1/100th of a penny.

Guest 4421288

There is so much weapon loot drop in this game. Luckily I play alot of Tom Clancy's Division 2, so kind of used to getting 50 weapon drops in 30 mins.

There should be a way to mark multiple weapons to breakdown in one go whole instead of one by one. Also a way to "favourite" some weapons so you can't accidently breakdown until you unfavourite, same as Division 2 game.

Wish there was auto crafting ammo as well. But that is another bug because it lets you waste components crafting ammo when ammo limit already reached without realising it.

Yes Scrapper perk can make you lose money. But it certainly saves time in breaking down common components constantly to craft ammo.

Wish there was auto crafting ammo as well. But that is another bug because it lets you waste components crafting ammo when ammo limit already reached without realising it.

So that's why no matter how many times I try crafting my Sniper ammunition, it never goes over 100?! There is no indication (or documentation in-game) that there's an ammunition limit or that it even differs per ammunition type.
:cry:

Guest 4421288

So that's why no matter how many times I try crafting my Sniper ammunition, it never goes over 100?! There is no indication (or documentation in-game) that there's an ammunition limit or that it even differs per ammunition type.
:cry:

Yup there are ammo limits and zero indication so you're eating away wasting components crafting nothing. Major design flaw. At least prevent crafting if ammo limit reached.

Yeah, hard limit for Sniper and Shotgun ammo is 100, 600(?) for pistol, and 700 for rifle.

I restarted my character because of taking that perk, and might take it later just to speed up junk disposal, hehe. Not entirely useful early on, depending on how much you are hurting for cash.

Yup there are ammo limits and zero indication so you're eating away wasting components crafting nothing. Major design flaw. At least prevent crafting if ammo limit reached.
I've not once needed to craft ammo, but still, what the hell?

Guess I also unwittingly screwed myself over by taking Scrapper.

Guest 4421288

I've not once needed to craft ammo, but still, what the hell?

Guess I also unwittingly screwed myself over by taking Scrapper.

If you're not willing to roll back save then only way is to visit a Ripper Doc to buy respec. See photo.

This can only reset perks but NOT attribute allocations

Costs 100,000!

Attachments

• respec.png
    respec.png
    78 KB · Views: 104
Top Bottom