Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I like his friendship.

Votes: 24 48.0%
  • Other (Please List Below)

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • He's all Hype

Votes: 7 14.0%

• Total voters
So, I'm not really hip on the Jackie character. I've seen him hyped up, but I haven't seen a reason as to why. So here I am asking the question. Do people really like Jackie or is it just hype?

Yeah I think he is cool. Has cool personality and his own personal view on whats important to him.

I think its cool how he is a bad ass cyberpunk, but keeps loyalty to family and friends as his back bone and has his soft side for those in that circle

He's a ganger.
He doesn't speak well (to you).
He's forced upon you. I like to be able to tell who my character likes and who he doesn't. It's like someone forced James Vega on my Shepard.

As much as I hated James Vega (who was just a poorly written two dimensional character, only existed to get the SPACE MARINES vibe going to be honest), you have no evidence for any of the supposed facts you listed.

Anything you saw in the gameplay trailer could be subject to change. Gameplay itself could be designed to show off the game and it probably doesn't reflect the actual game at all. It is too early to tell.

As much as I hated James Vega (who was just a poorly written two dimensional character, only existed to get the SPACE MARINES vibe going to be honest), you have no evidence for any of the supposed facts you listed.

Anything you saw in the gameplay trailer could be subject to change. Gameplay itself could be designed to show off the game and it probably doesn't reflect the actual game at all. It is too early to tell.

That also means people have no reason to like him.:think:

That also means people have no reason to like him.:think:

People like what they see because they haven't seen much else as of yet. They have to start somewhere..

If it helps, after the game finally gets released I am sure majority of people will like other characters more.

He's a ganger.
He doesn't speak well (to you).
He's forced upon you. I like to be able to tell who my character likes and who he doesn't. It's like someone forced James Vega on my Shepard.

He`s not a ganger anymore cos Mum said so :cry: How sweet .
When doesn`t he speak well to V and don`t say the 48 min demo , he was nick names and affectionate names only a close friend would use .
How many games ( millions ) give you a squad / friendship group to start the game ?

Jackie is (just portrayed to be?) charming and looks like to be a bro. The material shown suggests Jackie will be loyal to V and becomes a friend (I assume the level of friendship will depend on the player's choices). Most people are drawn to what we have seen of his personality, so hence the hype.

Whether this is "all hype" is irrelevant, because it is down to personal preference to how you relate (or don't relate) to Jackie in-game, choomba.

So far it's almost a 50/50 split on people's opinion on the guy. I'm still leaning to people are liking him primarily because he's the "buddy" we see V hanging with and doesn't appear to be a bad guy. He may walk a dark path, but he's also a family man. People are hung up on him quitting a gang as though this makes him bad or good, but he's not good for having quit or bad for having been in. What's he doing with V? Typically theft, murder, and crimes. This may be how one might get ahead in this world and one can argue that there's no other way, but that's up to a person's individual perspective. I can not tell if Jackie is good or bad simply from what we've seen. He has been portrayed in a way that makes him likable and relatable so it would be very odd if people generally didn't like him.

He`s not a ganger anymore cos Mum said so :cry: How sweet .

Unless I see him killing other Valentino's if front of me he's still a Valentino who will betray me as soon as I will attack them.
It's C2020, not My Little Pony. Trust no one (unless you're a Nomad and it's family, there you can try).

When doesn`t he speak well to V and don`t say the 48 min demo , he was nick names and affectionate names only a close friend would use .

Didn't saw the part when he asked V if he could. Some people like nicknames. I don't.

How many games ( millions ) give you a squad / friendship group to start the game ?

What really matters is how many of them are RPG with a player created character.
Post automatically merged:

What? How? Jackie interactions with v we have seen have all been friendly and casual.

Should he just grovel at your feet for you giving him the privlege of being assosciated with you?

Me being a corpo and him being a filthy ganger?:think:
Begin not to call V nicknames, then yes, grovel at V's feet would be a plus.:cool:

Last edited:
Unless I see him killing other Valentino's if front of me he's still a Valentino who will betray me as soon as I will attack them.
It's C2020, not My Little Pony. Trust no one (unless you're a Nomad and it's family, there you can try).

Didn't saw the part when he asked V if he could. Some people like nicknames. I don't.

What really matters is how many of them are RPG with a player created character.
Post automatically merged:

Me being a corpo and him being a filthy ganger?:think:
Begin not to call V nicknames, then yes, grovel at V's feet would be a plus.:cool:

So its not that you dont like the character, its that you dont think he would be a good friend for your specific roleplay.

So its not that you dont like the character, its that you dont think he would be a good friend for your specific roleplay.

Which relate to my original third point:
"He's forced upon you. I like to be able to tell who my character likes and who he doesn't. It's like someone forced James Vega on my Shepard."

Top Bottom