Votes: 24 48.0%
  • Other (Please List Below)

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • He's all Hype

Votes: 7 14.0%

• Total voters
First of all bro... It's WellEs, second he's the best and I love him!! :cry:
Post automatically merged:

Jackie seems interesting, funny, AND attractive. He's a perfect man for me, it's a shame he's dating Misty already.
You and me... We'll steal his heart after Misty has that terrible "accident" :sneaky: imagine instead of Jackie dying, Misty dies and we swoop in as Jack's best friend comforting him

So far I like him, but as we all agreed we have not yet even play the game, so personally there is this lingering feeling of distrustful toward Jackie in the back of my head.

People who really like Jackie as character could easily go with "corpo" lifepath 'cause both V & Jackie actually childhood friends in that particular lifepath. Maybe it would open something much more about Jackie, exclusive to Corpo V.

As for me personally, taking Nomad V for first playthrough so make sense to be distrustful for anybody in NC LOL

People who really like Jackie as character could easily go with "corpo" lifepath 'cause both V & Jackie actually childhood friends in that particular lifepath. Maybe it would open something much more about Jackie, exclusive to Corpo V.
They are?! Where did you read this?? :eek:

They are?! Where did you read this?? :eek:

I can't pinpoint this fact clearly (maybe NCW1? or NCW2?) but I am pretty sure CDPR devs said this themselves & also in prologue quests for Corpo V. Here is the quest desc. page for Corpo V, "Corpo-Rat."

I can't pinpoint this fact clearly (maybe NCW1? or NCW2?) but I am pretty sure CDPR devs said this themselves & also in prologue quests for Corpo V. Here is the quest desc. page for Corpo V, "Corpo-Rat."

Neither. It was in the hands-on demo where select people got to play CP2077 lifepath prologues and early game. People who played Corpo V, reported that corpo V and Jackie were actually childhood friends. And
Corpo V gets a job from his boss to organise a hit on his boss's boss. V travels to Lizzies Bar to meet with Jackie and organise said hit with him. Its specifically Jackie because V knows Jackie from before.

So far it's almost a 50/50 split on people's opinion on the guy. I'm still leaning to people are liking him primarily because he's the "buddy" we see V hanging with and doesn't appear to be a bad guy. He may walk a dark path, but he's also a family man. People are hung up on him quitting a gang as though this makes him bad or good, but he's not good for having quit or bad for having been in. What's he doing with V? Typically theft, murder, and crimes. This may be how one might get ahead in this world and one can argue that there's no other way, but that's up to a person's individual perspective. I can not tell if Jackie is good or bad simply from what we've seen. He has been portrayed in a way that makes him likable and relatable so it would be very odd if people generally didn't like him.
We can't really determine whether anyone is "good" or "bad" in Cyberpunk, and really it'll all be left to our own interpretation. Of course, many of us would say Maelstrom are "bad" because they're psycho murderers, and the Moxes "good" because they're protecting their own. But this is a CDPR game, and specifically a cyberpunk CDPR game. Nothing will be black or white like that. I like Jackie so far because, by all appearances, he's not a truly bad guy to me. He doesn't seem like he's the kind to kill random people, he's friendly, respectful and by all accounts he's somewhat honorable. I can respect that, and in a world like Cyberpunk many of those traits are hard to come by. Not to mention his respect for his mother and family aspect. To me, despite the flaws I'm sure he has, he's a good guy with a big heart.

I voted 'other'. The impression I get it's one of those characters forced onto the player as a deus ex machina for tutorial reasons. So, unless this character really hides an interesting background story that intertwines with the main story or has a story arc of his own, it will be a NPC like many others.

That is almost the definition of hype.
A good character should be complex, if he is written well none of us currently have the information necessary to really know how we are going to feel about him until we are in the thick of it. He does seem like an interesting character, regardless of how well he is going to mesh with individual V's, I expect some of my V's will love him, others less so.

If saying I'm intrigued, but am reserving judgement until I actually experience the story is hype then sure, I've drank just all the koolaid...

Bit of a stereotype from what I've seen so far - which isn't much, since the game isn't out yet. Too early to judge how good/meh/bad of a character he's going to end up being. "Neutral" is how I'd describe my opinon of him, at the moment. I have a feeling he might be a throwaway tutorial character anyway, so his depth might not even matter that much, in the end.

Curious where the notion that he's overhyped is coming from. I haven't really seen much mention of him, but then again I haven't been following online discussions for the game that closely.

Not too much to go on but he seems like the stereotypical dude-bro. I like stereotypical dude bro's. You're the new guy/gal on town (or at least, new to this line of "business") he shows you around, maybe takes your under his wing. Seems like someone you can trust. A good friend to have. If a little on the wacky side. Which means he's also a fun friend to have.

So, I'm not really hip on the Jackie character. I've seen him hyped up, but I haven't seen a reason as to why. So here I am asking the question. Do people really like Jackie or is it just hype?

>No option included that says "I like everything about him"
:facepalm::rolleyes::shrug:
Well you said you were excited. Being excited and being intrigued, but reserving judgement are two different things.
It is possible to feel and consider multiple different and sometimes even conflicting emotions and ideas and hold different ideas and emotions in ones mind simultaneously, sometimes there is excitement, but also fear. Like "How am I gonna eat all this delicious food! It's too much! But it's so good! Oh no, I'm gonna get lots of gas, but it's very healthy food, what should I do?"
I like him he`s a total Bro / Love Interest . The love his back story of a tough guy who leaves the Valentino's because his Mother dosen`t like it .
He`s not a ganger anymore cos Mum said so :cry: How sweet .
When doesn`t he speak well to V and don`t say the 48 min demo , he was nick names and affectionate names only a close friend would use .
How many games ( millions ) give you a squad / friendship group to start the game ?
What? How? Jackie interactions with v we have seen have all been friendly and casual.

Should he just grovel at your feet for you giving him the privlege of being assosciated with you?
Yeah I think he is cool. Has cool personality and his own personal view on whats important to him.

I think its cool how he is a bad ass cyberpunk, but keeps loyalty to family and friends as his back bone and has his soft side for those in that circle
I love him. He seems like one of the best buddy characters I've seen in most games and from what we've seen of him, his emotions, actions etc he seems very realistic and expressive.
Jackie seems interesting, funny, AND attractive. He's a perfect man for me, it's a shame he's dating Misty already.
This :D

So far I like him, but as we all agreed we have not yet even play the game, so personally there is this lingering feeling of distrustful toward Jackie in the back of my head.

As for me personally, taking Nomad V for first playthrough so make sense to be distrustful for anybody in NC LOL
:think:You know, in a really strange way I also feel this lingering paranoia about Jackie. I feel scared that he will be forced to do something he doesn't want to do.
I feel the possibility of betrayal, in a very sad way. I don't know. I've seen too many mafia movies.

Jackie is (just portrayed to be?) charming and looks like to be a bro. The material shown suggests Jackie will be loyal to V and becomes a friend (I assume the level of friendship will depend on the player's choices). Most people are drawn to what we have seen of his personality, so hence the hype.

Whether this is "all hype" is irrelevant, because it is down to personal preference to how you relate (or don't relate) to Jackie in-game, choomba.
We can't really determine whether anyone is "good" or "bad" in Cyberpunk, and really it'll all be left to our own interpretation. Of course, many of us would say Maelstrom are "bad" because they're psycho murderers, and the Moxes "good" because they're protecting their own. But this is a CDPR game, and specifically a cyberpunk CDPR game. Nothing will be black or white like that. I like Jackie so far because, by all appearances, he's not a truly bad guy to me. He doesn't seem like he's the kind to kill random people, he's friendly, respectful and by all accounts he's somewhat honorable. I can respect that, and in a world like Cyberpunk many of those traits are hard to come by. Not to mention his respect for his mother and family aspect. To me, despite the flaws I'm sure he has, he's a good guy with a big heart.
This is really big to me, It's not even like a subjective thing, so much as there is factually, objectively a great deal of GOOD inside of Jackie. Nobody is perfect, but he clearly has a good heart inside him for sure.:shrug:

Last edited:
I don't mind him. He is a bro, and obviously intended to be likable. He introduces you to mercenary work, takes you to afterlife, introduces you to people, in general is your tour guide to Night City. All the while having this excited happiness about him.

I just know that this can't really last.. I don't hate him, but I know that I ultimately want to be a lone wolf. Maybe we can coexist, I dont know.

i wouldnt be too invested in him since he will die at the end of the prologue regardless of what you do which is a shame,im more interested in Johnny silverhand since he is THE main companion throughout the game and we didnt see much of him in terms of how him and V will interact,all we have seen so far is the prologue minus the Pacifica part, i saw the behind closed doors demo of pacifica and silverhand does seem like a great companion so far.

I like him a lot.

Cannot wait to say...

"...where's your car dude"?

And then...

Last edited:
i don't like him, i hope he can get rid of him maybe cut contact later on and see him less and less. i see him more as an interactive tutorial guide for the early game sections

I don't like him. <3
"I don't like him. *heart shape*"
:think: Why did this make me break down laughing so hard? I like how you just captured this subtle tone of how you said it. :ROFLMAO:
I don't mind him. He is a bro, and obviously intended to be likable. He introduces you to mercenary work, takes you to afterlife, introduces you to people, in general is your tour guide to Night City. All the while having this excited happiness about him.

I just know that this can't really last.. I don't hate him, but I know that I ultimately want to be a lone wolf. Maybe we can coexist, I dont know.
This is one of the parts I fear. The coexisting part. I am very sad and very worried that much like the scene in the gameplay in one of the Night City Wires where Jackie and V are competing over who can steal the Rayfield Aerondight. It makes me worry that even if V is able to save Jackie, that inevitably their paths will cross in a way where they have conflicting interests. I worry that V will not be able to convince Jackie of their point of view and that Jackie may be forced to kill V and V forced to kill Jackie, resulting in them having a tear filled showdown, as they cry as they must kill each other, even though they both don't want to. :sad::cry::giveup:

Top Bottom