Do something with draft mode!

+
Please make draft mode more interesting to play. I've played the old arena quite a lot, because my goal is not to reach the top 64 in pro rank or something. I just want fun. Especially in the end of a season, I don't really have any motivation to resume playing on ladder. Normally I would switch to Arena and play and maybe even win some nice meteorite powder, kegs or a cool card.

As of now, there a ZERO rewards for playing draft. Give us some rewards for draft mode please! It's been in development for ages now!!

Bring back Arena already if you're never gonna' kill off the metas in Draft! Cur guy who says "but the developers already said they won't"..

I've already lost count of how many times Burza or some other CDPR representative has said that draft mode is being worked on.
Patience.

And no, Arena is not coming back, ever. Also lost count of how many times that has been stated.

yea I know they said NO but since so many players requested for arena including myself, perhaps the DEV team should consider this popular request by the player base.

Again I do not see what is so difficult about bringing back old Arena. Perhaps they do not want to see draft as a failure which I honestly think it is. I never touched it for months.

I have also said before, somewhere near mid-season, I go play LOR because I reached pro rank and very bored to keep playing meta decks against other meta decks.

Low season like this month will probably see me play even lesser gwent since there is only 1 new card and meta probably going to be same.

I don't necessarily want to bring back Arena mode. That is not the name of this topic. I just want some incentive to play draft mode. Like in the old days you could win something when you did well in Arena mode. Remember I won a Great Oak, Vernossiel, Phillipa in Arena, hell yeah! That was cool, specially as a new player back then...

And the entry fee makes it so that you are engaged. The 100 ore which used to be the price is not something that you really have to invest money for either...
Post automatically merged:

But apparently, not a lot of people give a flying peep about a different mode other than normal (and maybe seasonal)...

Last edited:
Yeah, I miss Gwent(Arena) haven't played this year. Keep checking g this board only to be disappointed when I learn no significant changes have been made to Draft. Can't honestly ever see playing again unless they bring back Arena or take out the few metas everyone uses in Draft.

I've already lost count of how many times Burza or some other CDPR representative has said that draft mode is being worked on.
Patience.

And no, Arena is not coming back, ever. Also lost count of how many times that has been stated.
Despite how many times this has been said, it's a shitty position. Draft is not getting better in any way for months and Arena is not returning.

So, in essence, none if it is good for the players.
Post automatically merged:

I have also said before, somewhere near mid-season, I go play LOR because I reached pro rank and very bored to keep playing meta decks against other meta decks.

Low season like this month will probably see me play even lesser gwent since there is only 1 new card and meta probably going to be same.
Same here, mate. That's what I do in Gwent these days. Reach Pro rank in the shortest time possible, progress just enough in the Journey, and that's it.

If you watched today's TWiG you heard that an update to draft mode is being tested. Won't come with the expansion though.

(Burza also pointed out it's not fair to compare current draft mode to Arena because the former is still a work in progress. I could not agree more.)

If it's not fair to compare the two, then just bring it back for those that enjoy it? Not much work would have to be done to it. It shouldn't affect the player base much. I am sure those of us that loved it wouldn't even mind waiting longer in matchmaking if we had to; It's as easy as opening another window on your computer while waiting. I know you are quick too come to their defence whenever this topic is mentioned, but I haven't been able to play Draft in it's current state since 2020. I don't understand the enjoyment in playing meta v meta when there are so many cards to have fun with. You stated in another post Arena was pure RNG, but I wholeheartedly disagree. The fun, joy and excitement was creating your deck card by card and seeing what your opponent had. In a thousand hours of play, it never got old to me. The only real complaint people had which is universally agreed whenever this subject comes up is that each player should have the same number of golds. If they were going to take this long to make changes to Draft, and no matter what anyone says, it's been way too long without needed changes. They could have at least kept Arena alongside until they finished tweaking Draft. Just bring it back already and let those who love it enjoy it again and those who prefer Draft can enjoy that.

And the competitive element of actually putting up a stake and 'fighting' for rewards really adds something to it in my opinion.

Just like a game of poker. If you play poker without putting any money on the table, it's lame. Put anything on the table, and you've got yourself an interesting game! And the nice thing about arena was that you could put up ore, which didn't cost you really anything anyway!

I've played a lot of draft games lately.
Progressing for 7 games with no difference between winning and losing them makes no sense.
There are some absurd card combinations (like two NG scenarios).
There is no logic in the proposed card groups, some are too strong, others practically useless.
After several matches made, you can understand what your opponent has in hand already from the skill of the commander.
If it is to be a way to create original and fun fights, well it is not the right formula.
It becomes like ranked matches ... using the usual, boring, predictable and invincible strategies.
I don't know what CD PR thought when decided to replace Arena with Draft, I don't find a single better aspect.

Top Bottom