Do the main story fast and enjoy a longer endgame, or the other way around?

+
Which one feels more natural? In my first playthrough I did almost all other quests before doing the main quest, and the world does feel a little empty after I return to the previous save. Did anyone try it the other way around, and was it better?

I ll paste here what i wrote in another topic about:

I have 144.7 hours in the game, but I left the main quest aside because I know the game will literally die after that. A giant city, a giant job, in my view, wasted by some decisions ... and decisions that I think are unwise.

But you could ask me: but you have 144 hours in game, are you complaining?

Well, I waited 8 years for this game, 144 hours is a little bit close to 70,080 hours (eight years) is tiny ... and I was watching, amazed, once again the size of the city, thinking: this city needs to be more alive .

I don't think about leaving the game too soon, at least until the MMO is released - something unexpected.

In all honesty I can't say which is better as I haven't tried both ways myself but from what I understand, some side-quests will affect the ending of the main story.

So, the logical answer would be to do side quests first to get the different story ending you might want.

I don't know. I think it is a huge issue that the main story feels completely separate from the rest of the game. And that you cannot really PLAY the rest of the game, until you are forced to start the main story during the prologue.

If the main story came around much later, like, lvl 30 or so, it would feel maybe more natural, more "endgame". As it is, I don't think it works very well.

Since there's no way to continue the game AFTER the main story (the game literally plops you to a save before the final mission), you're left to do side-content first.

i rushed the main quest because I liked how story evolves, then i returned to the previous save after ending and i completed all the side ones.
honestly i wish i didnt rush so hard, cuz the main quest is so short and after that everything feels empty in NC.
i dont know if i will ever replay the game :(

I guess everyone agrees that it really doesn't feel all that exciting to come back to the world AFTER the main quest is done. In my next playthrough, I'll be putting off the main quest until I'm ready to complete the playthrough.

I wish they could have done something like have one official "continue in the open world" ending, which is non-canon but still official, an option that you can choose to keep playing in Night City, as opposed to the other endings, one of which may be canon.

On one hand better to do all sidequests before the final quest.
One the other you will be crazily overlevelled

I think it's possible to weave them together a bit because there are several main quests that require meeting places at certain times of day. So lots of times rather than going there and waiting I would do the more interesting side stuff until the appropriate time of day. I also love the Nomad side quests because my V is a Nomad in some ways still longing to get a semblance of family back ... so helping them out was something I let my V get distracted with with no questions about stalling the main quest.

I guess I'm saying that to say I would probably do the side content you want to complete first.

However, I do wish there was some way for the main-quest to lower the stakes.
Perhaps V could get a procedure to slow the progress of the relic from Hellman at the end of the questline where we get him or something like that. Even just switching Victor's line from "few weeks" to "few months" when explaining the relevant timeframe would probably make it a lot easier to justify sidequesting.

... for me, it is when the quest direction does not meet the script, ignores it absolutely or treats it as a secondary element. It is when both do not talk to the city, which is (should) part of the script. When all three do not interact with NPCs or character growth.

Cyberpunk, for me, which I carry for almost 145 hours, is an exercise in creation and improvisation. But I was fortunate enough to meet Mike Pondsmith, albeit superficially, his work - and from what little I did, I was blown away / delighted. I use it as a basis, but I don't see it (story) with the character.

Lots of glitter ... no music. Drawing quests shouldn't be mere 'technical' work ...

I was intending to clear the map but will probably just finish side quests now I know the ending just puts you back to an earlier save if you want to continue. Not sure if I'll bother with a second playthrough seeing as the lifepaths don't really affect anything as my original intention was to play all 3 but bit pointless when it's just a 20 min intro then your having the same experience as any other lifepath, really disappointed by this tbh.

I did all the main NPC side quests except the bugged ones, then proceed to the point of no return. I am now done with the game until the next content update.

All in all Level 28 at the end & 45 street creed at about 50hours. I got my $ worth so I am not unhappy. The game is mostly enjoyable but I did had to occasionally restart & used an earlier save due to bugs & glitches.

I suggest doing all the better side quests (ones involved main NPCs like Judy, Johnny, River, Panam, Terry) & the ones you enjoyed. Then proceed to the main quest to conclude the game.

I've been doing side quests, I've put off dealing with the Voodoo boys (haven't been to the chapel yet) and the parade thing with Takemura (did the malware thing but no further. ) I don't know how far along either of those missions are in the overall story. 50%? 75%?

I've been doing side quests, I've put off dealing with the Voodoo boys (haven't been to the chapel yet) and the parade thing with Takemura (did the malware thing but no further. ) I don't know how far along either of those missions are in the overall story. 50%? 75%?
50-55% is about right.

Top Bottom