Do you want another faction in the near future? POLL

• Yes

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • No

Votes: 23 54.8%
  • Depends

Votes: 10 23.8%

• Total voters
It sounded like the devs are working hard on another faction that isn't too far off. I'm really not sure if that is something that I want right now and I'm curious if other players think the same. All I want right now is......

-More balancing
-More card redesigns
-New Cards for existing factions
-Maybe more leaders

I am concerned another faction is simply going to slow down development for the game as a whole. Sort of like Syndicate has done.

Adding a poll as well. Feel free to comment about your choice.

Not at the moment, for several reasons.

Not if it's going to be anything like Syndicate - i.e. have a new fundamental mechanic that is only available to that faction. The other factions had areas of specialization, but they used mechanics that were generally available to all, to a greater or lesser extent, sometimes via neutral cards. Coins are exclusive to Syndicate and really make them a faction apart from the others. It doesn't help that they seem to bypass the previously held "rules" of the game, i.e. nothing should be completely untouchable by the opponent.

The legacy factions are still in a bit of a mess design-wise. Many lack coherency. Sorting them out should take priority.

There are far too many essentially unusable cards in the game right now. I'd rather they fix those first. The bronze patch was a start, but there's still a long way to go.

Balance is all over the place and often oscillates wildly from patch to patch. It would be nice to see less things released into the game that look like they never went through even cursory testing against the game as a whole.

I admire the enthusiasm and effort that CDPR put into the game, but the implementation leaves a lot to be desired. Right now it looks like the overall plan is just to pump out as much new content as quickly as possible, no matter what. If the goal is to create a great game, it feels like the current priorities are misjudged.

So in answer to your curiosity, it looks like I do have very similar thoughts.

I'd like to see some Zerrikania/Ofier, but as was said, not in the near future. Not before the other factions are ballanced.

I'm ok with adding new faction (Zerikania&Ofieri, not Redania, please) in the next expansion, if the design team can handle ~200 new cards release in one update:
  • 80+ cards for new faction,
  • at least 15 for each of the 6 existing factions,
  • at least 15 neutrals.
If the plan is to add a whole new faction without new cards for the existing ones, then i don't think it's a good idea (as we saw with Novigrad update). A part solution for this could be reworking most of unplayable cards with the release of expansion.

Syndicate is nice but why did they go full Novigrad with it? 5 Novigradian gang leader! Might as well just name the faction Novigrad instead of Syndicate. I can't see how they will develop other gangs like the Rats and Salamandra.

I was disappointed when they announced that the new faction is not Zerrikania or Ofier. Seriously, these two places have bigger design space than Novigrad/Syndicate.

More is better. If it's a question of priorities though, I'd rather have a huge card expansion for the existing factions (like the bloodmoon thing) rather than new faction.

@BrokeCiri SY has a great potential IF they go outside Novigrad. Let them merge with Nilfgaard's Trade Corporation from the books, with Salamandra, with Thyssens of Kovir as a giant trade-crime hub. Hell, they can even add some Zangvebarian merchants. Right now it's kinda one city against the rest of the world, which is boring.

I mean, there is still a space to expand it outside ;) just write some note by Walter that he helped DJ to forge an alliance with Kovir or the Trade Corporation and here we go

Balancing, a new faction cards, or a new faction entirely are all ok with me. But balancing should probably be a priority

Depends on wether they manage to balance the game before that and figure out how to avoid broken machanics like coins. I can live with one faction haveing something this uninteractable, but if we get another one i will seriously be displeased.

Not at the moment, for several reasons.

Not if it's going to be anything like Syndicate - i.e. have a new fundamental mechanic that is only available to that faction. The other factions had areas of specialization, but they used mechanics that were generally available to all, to a greater or lesser extent, sometimes via neutral cards. Coins are exclusive to Syndicate and really make them a faction apart from the others. It doesn't help that they seem to bypass the previously held "rules" of the game, i.e. nothing should be completely untouchable by the opponent.

This is not true. Traps are only available for ST. Opponent deck manipulation is only possible with NG although it's not very strong at the moment.
Commandos and Draug are only available for NR and other factions have nothing comparable, except for Francesca with 4 engines in one turn and Syndicate with Igor maybe.

Commandos and Draug are only available for NR and other factions have nothing comparable, except for Francesca with 4 engines in one turn and Syndicate with Igor maybe.

This isn't really a mechanic. Commando's are just cards with orders that pull other cards. Draug just makes use of a transformation ability which at least one other card can do.

It seems like CDPR are planning to pump out an expansion/faction every 3th month. That is very fast in my opinion, i mean SY had barely landed before the developers began talking about how exited they are for the next faction.
I would not like to see an expansion in the near future, but instead, as many of you have pointed out, focus on balance :think:

I would vote Yes if SY was not introduced just yet.

I would vote Depends if I was happy with said introduced SY... instead of a Wild Hunt faction.

So I voted No.

I can't even force myself to go through the Seasonal tree to open goodies. Instead am playing Diablo 3. That's what HC 2.0 (a.k.a. The SY Edition) made me do.

Voted depends because before introducing another faction there are:
1) Balance issues that have to be taken care of.
2) The bronze changes that so far mostly affected NR was promised to be further implemented to other factions and will
probably bring balance issues on its own.
3) Imo more cards should be added to the existing factions.
After all these i would very much like to see another faction added but not at the existing state of the game.

Top Bottom