Do they optimize the game separately for PC vs PS4/Xbox ??

+
Not necessarily because of consoles, but because according to developers even PC hardware couldn't handle them with current APIs. We'll need Vulkan to push it further. May be in enhanced edition they'll bring some of that back when they'll rewrite the engine.
Can I have your source? I just want to know where they said because I haven't heard that part.

Can I have your source? I just want to know where they said because I haven't heard that part.

I'll try to find it.

---------- Updated at 01:14 PM ----------

Here it is: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...he-witcher-3-graphics-downgrade-issue-head-on

The billowing smoke and roaring fire from the trailer? "It's a global system and it will kill PC because transparencies - without DirectX 12 it doesn't work good in every game." So he killed it for the greater good, and he focused on making sure the 5000 doors in Novigrad worked instead.

If I understand that correctly, they mean that with new generation APIs, it can be feasible to use those effects. So, who knows, they might bring them back in the future.

Rewrite the engine ??
what does that even mean, sounds impossible......
You either tweak or spit n shine here and there, but from my understanding it's impossible to rewrite a whole engine... I mean at that point you might as well create a new one from the ground up.

But then again at the same time this is a special time with DirectX 12 coming, so they might be able to update the game to run on DX12, is that what you guys mean when you say "rewrite"

Top Bottom