do u use Stash Trunk ?

+

Do you use the stash trunk regularly ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You do know you can upgrade them, right?

Yes. But I haven't found any that I would want to or need to use yet aside from Johnny's shirt and glasses.

The crafting system is also a bit wonky and out of balance, so the road of lest resistance so far has been swapping gear as better comes along. Collecting a factory's worth of little parts and changing them to better parts one by one is not really the sort of fun thing to do with crafting in my books.

bign

Forum regular
You do know you can upgrade them, right?

I've been saving mine to craft them up to legendary status when I reach lvl 50. That way they'll be top of the top and with added bonuses.

One thing I don't understand in this game is, if I don't invest in Tech, why can't I pay someone in the city to upgrade my gear for me?

With quick travel points it's just as EZ to go back to V's apartment and stash stuff there as it is to use vehicle storage, and this keeps everything in one place.

For those who lost their stash, was this because you were already using it by the time the Delemain quest kicked off and having the car taken away from you made it get rid of your stash when you got the car back?
Honestly I'm not sure. It was early on in the game I put some pistols in it to test how it worked, if it existed between cars, apts, lasted through saves, and missions, that kind of thing. I opened a bunch of side quests and missions and had multiples going at a time, Delamaines chlildren was a missions I had running because I was getting the kids as they became convenient.

right now the motorcycle stashes are broken, all of em that have them anyway, the ones that don't work just fine. lol

One thing I don't understand in this game is, if I don't invest in Tech, why can't I pay someone in the city to upgrade my gear for me?

I'd like to know as well.. But I'm afraid the answer will break the fourth wall.

Well if you use trunk properly it adds some realism,rdr2 style.

Scan enemies and carry guns that you will need.

Each apartment has its own stash, and the vehicles V owns all share a stash. The confusing bit is the vehicle stash only seems to sync with one vehicle at a time. i.e. the stash will not appear in a new second vehicle until the previous vehicle has de-spawned.

I use the vehicle stash for ripped turret machine guns. The ammo refreshes when the vehicle re-spawns.

where is the stash at Judy's apartment ?
Post automatically merged:

They get overleveled by common items too quickly for the ”bonuses” to be of real benefit.

And I don’t really care about the trophy wall because it has no real gameplay function or effect.
craft iconic weapon with crafted modules added on it it's way overleveled by any common items. common item don't have slot, iconic are not.

Last edited:
All I use in the game is the Kusanagi CT-3X bike and the stash is there and accessible but it doesn't work, you can't actually transfer anything over to it. The screen flashes like it transferred it over but it doesn't actually do it, a real let down because different jobs require different kinds of weapons. There's no sense in carrying all those weapons around because it just takes up available slots which I like to reserve for items I pickup during missions, side jobs, gigs and hustles. As far as I know it's not available on Jackie's Arch bike though. I've reported it as a bug to CDPR. Since is there on the CT-3X and not the Arch then it must be there for a reason so it must be bugged.

Okay so I have been experimenting with this a little more and it may only be the cars that have a working stash. I do not own a Kusanagi, but the Apollo Scorpion bike exhibits the same behavior as @AcIDc0r3 describes for the Kusanagi. The stash opens but items do not seem to transfer over.

The car stashes have been working fine for me. If you have doubts I would say throw some junk in (I used slices of pizza) to experiment and learn how it works and to see if you trust the vehicle stash before storing anything of value.

Last edited:
For the purposes of my playthrough since I purposefully capped my inventory at a ridiculously low amount 20-25lbs, I do use the trunk stash to switch to anything I may need out in the field. So far I haven't lost anything.

All I use in the game is the Kusanagi CT-3X bike and the stash is there and accessible but it doesn't work, you can't actually transfer anything over to it. The screen flashes like it transferred it over but it doesn't actually do it, a real let down because different jobs require different kinds of weapons. There's no sense in carrying all those weapons around because it just takes up available slots which I like to reserve for items I pickup during missions, side jobs, gigs and hustles. As far as I know it's not available on Jackie's Arch bike though. I've reported it as a bug to CDPR. Since is there on the CT-3X and not the Arch then it must be there for a reason so it must be bugged.

I'm sure it is there on Jackie's bike, towards the bottom of the body. Whether it actually works like you said I don't know.

-Edit- Just checked. It is there, bit finicky to get the prompt to show but unfortunately doesn't store anything at all.

Top Bottom