Do we need street players?

+

• Total voters

Very enjoyed listening street players in The Witcher 1. I like how different NPCs had their own sound loops of drums, flutes, etc. And everytime music sounded differently, regardless of what kind of musicians gathered on Vizima square.

Here is a group which I want to see in TW3 :p

Last edited:

I couldn't agree more, my friend.
Street players in the streets of Novigrad would add a lot to the immersion and atmosphere of the game.

We could even take it a bit further and add bards to several taverns that sing songs about the White Wolf and
other legends set in the Witcher universe, to expand on the lore without needing walls of text.

I'm not expecting a Dragonborn song like in Skyrim, but... it wouldn't be bad to have something like that, would it ?

By the way, HH - I like your kickass signature !

I couldn't agree more, my friend.
Street players in the streets of Novigrad would add a lot to the immersion and atmosphere of the game.

We could even take it a bit further and add bards to several taverns that sing songs about the White Wolf and
other legends set in the Witcher universe, to expand on the lore without needing walls of text.

I'm not expecting a Dragonborn song like in Skyrim, but... it wouldn't be bad to have something like that, would it ?

Yes, bards in tavern would be very nice too. And our travel companion Dandelion (if he will travel with us) must have his special repertoire.

By the way, HH - I like your kickass signature !
Danke schön! :blushing: Ciri looks right into CDPR soul from it. :D

Last edited:
I voted a big fat yes! I like this idea very much and agree that it would add a lot to immersion.
Slimgrin, nice idea about gossip! Particularly if they are traveling bards and have seen much of the outside world!

:yes:

Yes. So I voted yes it will add a lot of immersion to The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt hearing the NPC's play music when you wander around exploring the cities.

Sure. We had street performers even in TW1 in Vizima. We did not have anything like this in TW2 because we did not really visit any major city or town. I expect to see a lot of such things in Novigrad - street performers, circus, mimes, bards, monster shows (who read the books know what I am talking about) and whatever else there was in medieval cosmopolitan cities.

Yes, It would be nice to have them in larger towns or Inn's. But people might be picky when same tune is playing over and over, it would be wise to add 2-3 songs to the playlist and have the "band" move around.

On the other note why not having stand up comedy in the taverns as well? Comedy is something very important in war times, you have to make people think about other things then war.
Dov Davidoff is one of my favorites :D

And bards in inns will have only 3 songs to choose from? No, thanks. Your idea will work if we'll have like 3 songs in Skellige, 5 in Novigrad, 2 in NML and after some major happenings (along the lines of main quest) some more songs will add. I love Skyrim songs, but there are only 4 of them + main theme. 5 songs for the Witcherworld - that won't do.

Hell yes I want this.

It was also fantastic that some of the 'Streetplayer' Music could be heard when playing Dice Poker (Or maybe from CDPR's perspective it was the other way around). Not re-using the Music, but just throwing in a different rendition of the Theme is always an absolute treat to hear.

It's the little things like this that really immerse you in a game & it would be amazing walking through the Streets of Novigrad or entering an Inn & having Streetplayers/Bards playing depending on the day/time of day. As much as I'd love it, it's the little things like this that I'm not getting my hopes up for though, because an Open World can have an effect on small stuff like this because there's alot more world to worry about.

Hell Yes!
In face, In AC4 Black Flag, one of the most loved aspect among players was the singing by your crew as you cruised and plundered the caribbean. I would just like to sit and listen to them not doing much.
It would be so nice just to stand or walk (on a horse too!) and just listen to bards singing on the roadside in a busy city or one with a nice vista :)

Yes, it could be nice to hear street players in Novigrad. I hope there will be bards playing in the street.

It's probably to late now, but they would be a great addition. Those from the first game where Geralt had to say his name and depending on what he said got a different song where great.

@Aditya_the_warrior_within

I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. My three favourite songs were: 'Randy Dandy O', 'Leave her, Johnny' but most of all 'Fish in the sea' so I always made my crew sing them whenever they could.

I hope you're right, I would let Geralt just stand there and listen. Maybe go and have some mugs of Rivian Kriek, and some food, and then listen some more.

Ah CDPR please make it soooo!!!!

Just another evening at a tavern in Novigrad. There are actually a couple of stories taking place here(please use your imagination).
:wallbash::ermm::police: :dry::secret::sofa::cheers2: :cool: :fun: :clap: :band::guitar::wub: :gathering: :ball:

Last edited:
@Aditya_the_warrior_within

I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. My three favourite songs were: 'Randy Dandy O', 'Leave her, Johnny' but most of all 'Fish in the sea' so I always made my crew sing them whenever they could.

I hope you're right, I would let Geralt just stand there and listen. Maybe go and have some mugs of Rivian Kriek, and some food, and then listen some more.

Ah CDPR please make it soooo!!!!

Just another evening at a tavern in Novigrad. There are actually a couple of stories taking place here(please use your imagination).
:wallbash::ermm::police: :dry::secret::sofa::cheers2: :cool: :fun: :clap: :band::guitar::wub: :gathering: :ball:

YES they are my top favourites as well (and probably of many)
That would be so awesome.

Heck those shanties from AC4 were much better music than MOST music I've heard in the past couple of years. That's real quality and immersion. I hope CDP does this and beyond with TW3

Top Bottom