Do we need stronger bronzes after Master Mirror?

+
Although it can be countered by some decks, SK is still the dominating faction despite the recent hotfix. Many people have already pointed out that this is due to a) the incredible synergies of warriors and b) their disproportianally effective bronzes which can sometimes even outvalue golds. While it would be a boring solution to just nerf SK's cards or abilities (again), why not give the other faction's cards, and here mainly the bronzes, a buff? Not only would that diminish SK's potential to suppress especially SY/ST, but it's also potentially solving another big problem I see in the game. If bronzes got better, you wouldn't be that sad if you missed some golds and had to play round three with too many bronzes in your hand and no way to get rid of them anymore. And this would make the game less draw-dependent as the point-gap between the cards would become smaller, so another positive addition there. The only downside I see is that golds are likely to lose some of their value, but that's not really something to be sad about in my opinion. Maybe that's even an opportunity to create "silver" cards or something similar because I've always found it weird that there are golds and bronzes, but no silvers. Could be that these were a thing before I started with the game. Would add some additional style to the game if you ask me. Of course that many changes are hard to implement in a simple patch, but the reworked and buffed cards (bronzes or even popular cards that are just completely unviable right now, like Ciri ) could easily be a part of a new expansion where these are reintroduced alongside the other, completely new cards.

Last edited:

Guest 4368268

I'd be in favour of that for sure, however that's a very time consuming effort and I'm not sure they're willing to commit to that path. If they do, it would take many months at least for them to get there. In the meantime SK has to be tuned down either way. I too am in favour of silvers and it seems they're more or less already peddling back to them by setting provision caps on cards like renew. Bronze/Silver/Gold system makes the balancing of tutors, special cards and leader abilities far simpler.

Additionally I think setting a gold card cap would make decks think more of specific synergies rather than those NR style decks where it's just a bunch of super high value golds with very little relation to their bronzes (Baron, Anseis, Falibor, Philippa, that whole package)

I remember when the devs promised to rework the dead cards of other factions when they reworked NR. and they did that to some extend. but many are still absolute dogsh#t that never see the light of day. Early this year I didnt play for a while and when I came back 3 months later, people were playing the exact same decks as when I left. harmony ST, hoard SY, double ball NG, draug uprising, maybe some kiki and lippy.
nothing had changed at all. the game has become incredibly stale and the devs are showing again and again that they are either not willing or not competent to balance the game on a regular basis.
sorry if this seems offtopic, what I'm trying to say is I agree but I honestly wouldnt get my hopes up about old bronzes ever getting touched again.

Top Bottom