Do we want Witcher 4 ?

+

Do we want Witcher 4 ?

• Yes, playing as Geralt again. Can never get too much Geralt.

Votes: 400 40.9%
  • Yes, with new predefined character, created by CD Projekt or Sapkowski.

Votes: 243 24.9%
  • Yes, with our own custom created character.

Votes: 172 17.6%
  • No, CD Projekt should create new IPs, new worlds. Witcher has ended.

Votes: 162 16.6%

• Total voters
I like The Witcher Trilogy. I'm still playing the third game, there is one catch i picked up amazing weapons and amour from the second game but when i imported game saved 2 to 3 i never got his gear that he collected. As for another Witcher game with Geralt yes please.
Weapons and armor are transferred only when imported from the first part to the second.

Yeah, this was an interesting mechanic that devs started to employ -- goes all the way back to the D&D Goldbox games. In theory, it's wonderful, but it also means that any big changes to the engine or the gameplay design require all of the gear from the old game to be recreated and adapted to the new game...as who knows what crazy combination of gear player characters will have when they hop over.

Works great for games like the old D&D 2nd Ed., as it was such a robust system that it was easy to just stick with it over multiple games. (Games also didn't take 5+ years to make.) Now, devs tend to iterate on actual gameplay mechanics quite a bit between one game and the next. Makes rolling characters over a bit of a challenge.

Would love the next Witcher game to have Geralt in it, but him as a younger Witcher. A prequel to the last 3 Witcher games would be awesome!

Yes I would love a Witcher 4, having just finished my first playthrough of number three. I didn't really like playing as Ciri, she felt a little underwhelming. I suppose Geralt is a hard act to follow, so maybe that is the feeling I am getting here? However Geralt is getting a bit old to be running around monster hunting. But I suppose is that not why he trained her, Ciri was supposed to take over after he retires in terms of the game?

I suppose the natural order of things is for Geralt to take a back seat on the next adventure, but you will still be able to play him in certain parts, just as we did with Ciri in witcher 3. I have just started "new game +" and really enjoyed the blood and wine expansion a lot. I was sad to say goodbye. I have done the same with Cyberpunk 2077, if I really enjoy a game that much, I usually want to replay it as I have learned so much about gameplay on the first way round.

Last edited:
Would love to see a character start off as a kid in training who ages with each new release.

Maybe he could be a kid cast out of a city because he was born cursed but then a Witcher helped transform him back into a kid but the town was so creeped out by him, the Witcher just took him with him and eventually trained him.

The only important question for me is if CDPR is just as passionate about another Witcher game as it was about previous games. I don't want an obligatory sequel. I also don't want a sequel to placate audiences. I want a work of passion, with individuality and character.

I remember reading somewhere that CDPR were tired of a fantasy setting and were happy they were done with Witcher 3 (and it makes sense, since they spent 10-15 years doing the same thing) so they can move onto something else. So I wonder if they recharged their batteries and WANT to make another instead of doing it out of business or franchise necessity.

I would like CDPR to make at the very least a few non-Witcher games first. With no predefined main character, like Cyberpunk (I wouldn't complain about a preset female protagonist though)

I feel like a new Witcher game should be made, but not about Geralt. I feel Geralt's story is done and he should be resting with either Triss or Yenn somewhere.
The new game could be prequel that can take place in the golden age of Witchers, or a sequel with time passed from the events of the Witcher 3. Let's face it if the conjunction of the spheres happend once, it's bound to happen again sooner or later. and the monsters will return, so will the need for Witchers and a new generation of Witchers will arise. And in world like the Witcher where curses, wars and plagues are more common than flies I am willing to bet that it's only matter of time before some crazed mage backed by a monarch manages to screw things up and somehow create another catastrophe
For me I would love a new Witcher game but I am kind of split between a Protag chosen by CD or our own Character created.
I liked the way V was handled in cyberpunk with a ability to choose his background etc., but more choices and freedom are welcome addition.

I can't answer :(
Yes, I want a new TW game, no doubt. But I don't care about which character, when, where... I confident to CDPR to make something good by anyway :)

I'd like to CDPR's take on the books; how they'd make them into a game. Having a Netflix series capitalizing off of the success and popularity of the games by bringing the books to the screen isn't doing it for me. Although Cavill plays a convincing Geralt, most of the world-building design and supporting characters feel much cheaper. Most of the best things about the series feel as if they were inspired more by the games than the books, and most things from the books are just poorly adapted.

I feel there's enough success with the third game to potentially bring in the author and make alternative outcomes to some of the short stories so that players can enjoy a more dynamic experience with alternate endings like the games, but using the plot of the books.

Top Bottom