Do we want Witcher 4 ?

+

Do we want Witcher 4 ?

• Yes, playing as Geralt again. Can never get too much Geralt.

Votes: 400 40.9%
  • Yes, with new predefined character, created by CD Projekt or Sapkowski.

Votes: 243 24.9%
  • Yes, with our own custom created character.

Votes: 172 17.6%
  • No, CD Projekt should create new IPs, new worlds. Witcher has ended.

Votes: 162 16.6%

• Total voters
I don't think a witcher game would be the same without Geralt. I wouldn't want a custom character game, I have elder scrolls games for that. The rich story is what sets witcher games apart and I don't think you could achieve a great story with custom characters (elder scrolls games never have a good main quest line). A game focusing on Vesemir in his younger days could have potential but I would ultimately prefer something new with Geralt in his younger days before Ciri's story comes in.

No Geralt in Witcher 4. He deserves a chance to fade into the sunset and retire raising sheep.

New protagonist. I think the Witcher universe is so rich and detailed that it shouldn't be confined to just one protagonist. The world can stand on its own without having to have Geralt lead the way.

Yes. I wants the precious!

I voted for custom character but actually I'd like plenty of Geralt and everyone else involved too. Would not be a Witcher game without them.

I don't want to see third option in the poll, and less inclined to second one.

TW4 with Geralt-Yen-Ciri trio or new IPs (god, I wish there'll be an adaptation of Narrenturm trilogy as well) are the best options.

Yes but with Ciri as a protagonist, i think she has a beautiful story in front of her. But for now a post main-story expansion.

we could expect a new witcher game after 2020. I actually think current consoles ps4 and xboxone won't last long. Maybe with true next gen consoles we can achieve something bigger,more beuatiful game than witcher 3. Ciri can't be main protagonist,because she is not a real witcher-girl. Her story is different than any other witchers. How would that work anyway ?

The Witcher universe is perfect for more storytelling, but it is time to leave Geralt in retirement and establish a new protagonist. I think the way to return to the Witcher universe is a series of 2-3 smaller Witcher 2 size stories to introduce new characters and political situations. These would be the "short stories" setting the scene before a larger game (the full novel). The smaller games could even have different protagonists, who all appear as major characters in the later big game. Short stories style games would also let them experiment with different types of protagonists and gameplay. For example, they could have a game played as a mage instead of a witcher, or even someone exotic like a higher vampire. Then for the big game the new witcher is the primary character, but at different points we might play as the other protagonists from the short stories.

Witcher 4, Episode 1: New witcher character is introduced, along with a new location (one of the countries along the Yaruga River for example). This episode introduces the protagonists for episodes 2 and 3.
Witcher 4: Episode 2: Protagonist is a major character from Episode 1 but with different skills/mechanics (a mage for example)
Witcher 4: Episode 3: 3rd protagonist in a new location, with intrigues related to episodes 2 and 3. This protagonist might be non-human like a higher vampire similar to Regis from the books.
Witcher 5: Big Witcher 3 sized story. Episode 1 witcher is the primary protagonist, but at different points we play as the episode 2 and 3 protagonists to fill in other parts of the story.

I really hope for new Witcher game,I am one of the biggest fans of the series.I replay the games so many times that I cant even remember anymore...
But I believe that Geralt is the best choice for leading character with his personality and self righteousness,his abilities is the closes to the real thing in that kind of fantasy world. I liked Ciri and Letho,but none of them have that aura like Geralt,that with every new adventure,you start to like him more,not just the story appeal's to it but the character himself.And if you can make next game better than the last why to change the character,this only will lead to unpleasant things like for example what is the feeling about Mass Effect after you realise that there's not going to be Shepard after you really attached to this character, the next game may be super cool but there always will be a fealing for something missing.

Creating my own character will be cool but I would also like Ciri to be the protagonist of the The Witcher 4 game if ever there is :)

In my opinion when an RPG which is story driven becomes that open world when you can create own character or twist the story to that kind of level it loses its personality and ruins itself...

In my opinion when an RPG which is story driven becomes that open world when you can create own character or twist the story to that kind of level it loses its personality and ruins itself...

As much as I love games like the Elder Scrolls and Dragon Age, none of the characters you make have the personality of Geralt. It is Geralt's wit and charm that makes the games as strong as they are. Ciri would be dull as a main character, she is very good as a side character (in books and game) but she is always having the "coming to terms with plot point" melodrama to be a main character.

The idea of a prequel with Vesemir could be intriguing. Exploring the times when Witcher's were more prevelant and society smaller (therefore the threat of monsters and the Elder Races greater) would be interesting. Still I think Geralt would be the best lead.

My hopes for a Witcher 4 would be a sequel. Even the worst endings are left up for interpretation. Ciri confronting the white frost with doubt does not mean she is dead - no body, no proof. The only reason she needs an elven teleportation tower is for coordinates, she has already demonstrated the ability to Earth in various time zones and the Witcher world. She could have teleported somewhere else before being overwhelmed.

Likewise with Geralt. Even in despair, a handful of ghouls and drowners would not be a match for him. And it would not be the first time he thought she was dead.

As much as I love games like the Elder Scrolls and Dragon Age, none of the characters you make have the personality of Geralt. It is Geralt's wit and charm that makes the games as strong as they are. Ciri would be dull as a main character, she is very good as a side character (in books and game) but she is always having the "coming to terms with plot point" melodrama to be a main character.

The idea of a prequel with Vesemir could be intriguing. Exploring the times when Witcher's were more prevelant and society smaller (therefore the threat of monsters and the Elder Races greater) would be interesting. Still I think Geralt would be the best lead.

My hopes for a Witcher 4 would be a sequel. Even the worst endings are left up for interpretation. Ciri confronting the white frost with doubt does not mean she is dead - no body, no proof. The only reason she needs an elven teleportation tower is for coordinates, she has already demonstrated the ability to Earth in various time zones and the Witcher world. She could have teleported somewhere else before being overwhelmed.

Likewise with Geralt. Even in despair, a handful of ghouls and drowners would not be a match for him. And it would not be the first time he thought she was dead.

Bingo :)

Wouldn't it be brilliant if a sequel showed the world finding out the source of the Catrionna Plague. Empress of Nilfgaard brings black death!

Witcher = Geralt. I love the franchise, but in the gaming world, you either end a masterpiece or spawn enough sequel to see yourself become just another COD.

Top Bottom